Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Techno G9 won't install some apps
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Techno G9 won't install some apps

[Please help] Techno G9 won't install some apps

Major_Ivansu
Major_Ivansu
Major_Ivansu
Enthusiastic Member
06-07-2015, 02:16 PM

Hi,
I have been having this issue with my Techno G9 of not being able to install the recent MoonReader apk. I get an error message when starting the app of a "fotal bug" (Screenshot attached). Some apps also won't run like jumia online shopping apk and TuneIn radio.

I have tried ressetting to factory settings with no luck!
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot_2015-06-25-07-27-27.png
Size: 45.19 KB / Downloads: 3
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-07-2015, 06:34 PM
(06-07-2015, 02:16 PM)Major_Ivansu Hi,
I have been having this issue with my Techno G9 of not being able to install the recent MoonReader apk. I get an error message when starting the app of a "fotal bug" (Screenshot attached). Some apps also won't run like jumia online shopping apk and TuneIn radio.

what error do you get with the other apps?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Major_Ivansu
Major_Ivansu
Major_Ivansu
Enthusiastic Member
07-07-2015, 07:51 AM
(06-07-2015, 06:34 PM)hovatek
(06-07-2015, 02:16 PM)Major_Ivansu Hi,

what error do you get with the other apps?
Jumia app just stops "Unfortunately this has stopped" while the Tune in app stops "unfortunately this app has stopped", tab freezes slightly, restarts and remain stuck at boot logo and i have to reset to factory settings from the recovery!

Problem is, i can't tell which app i will install and the system crashes
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-07-2015, 11:39 AM
(07-07-2015, 07:51 AM)Major_Ivansu Jumia app just stops "Unfortunately this has stopped" while the Tune in app stops "unfortunately this app has stopped", tab freezes slightly, restarts and remain stuck at boot logo and i have to reset to factory settings from the recovery!

Problem is, i can't tell which app i will install and the system crashes
G9 tends to have issues with some apps
have you tried re-installing the stock ROM?
This post was last modified: 07-07-2015, 11:39 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Major_Ivansu
Major_Ivansu
Major_Ivansu
Enthusiastic Member
07-07-2015, 04:58 PM

Yes I have reinstalled the rom more than once. I even flashed a CWM backup rom from a friend which allowed me to install even "OLX" but it won't charge. Just kept on discharging until I had to remove the battery to charge manually using a battery multi charger in order to flash another rom!

Maybe the nearest solution is getting atleast a Kitkat update!
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-07-2015, 07:50 PM
(07-07-2015, 04:58 PM)Major_Ivansu Yes I have reinstalled the rom more than once. I even flashed a CWM backup rom from a friend which allowed me to install even "OLX" but it won't charge. Just kept on discharging until I had to remove the battery to charge manually using a battery multi charger in order to flash another rom!

Maybe the nearest solution is getting atleast a Kitkat update!

Some Tecno G9 users also have issues with our mobile app. so I believe its a G9 thing. have you met other G9 users to enquire if they're experiencing the same?

Note!
Major_Ivansu
Major_Ivansu
Major_Ivansu
Enthusiastic Member
01-08-2015, 09:57 AM
i haven't met someone using the device yet. it doesn't have a mention on xda site still.
wiseniggy
wiseniggy
wiseniggy
Enthusiastic Member
04-06-2016, 05:31 PM
(01-08-2015, 09:57 AM)Major_Ivansu i haven't met someone using the device yet. it doesn't have a mention on xda site still.

I guess am experiencing. the same problems.
Am having issues running some apps especially jw library new version on my techno g9
.I keep getting an error like: unfortunately app has stopped.
Any tips on this please
Moody2times
Moody2times
Moody2times
Enthusiastic Member
14-01-2017, 06:46 AM
(04-06-2016, 05:31 PM)wiseniggy
(01-08-2015, 09:57 AM)Major_Ivansu i haven't met someone using the device yet. it doesn't have a mention on xda site still.

I guess am experiencing. the same problems.
Am having issues running some apps especially jw library new version on my techno g9
.I keep getting an error like: unfortunately app has stopped.
Any tips on this please

It is a unique Tecno G9 problem. I couldn't use hovatek app, JW Library new version, Genesis cinema app and a host of others but jumia app is working for me. It is jumia market app that crashes. I don't think there is a fix.
Moody2times
Moody2times
Moody2times
Enthusiastic Member
14-01-2017, 06:58 AM

No xda member is desirous of making a custom rom for G9 so abandon any dreams of kit Kat or higher. You will not find any support there. If you wanna meet people using this device to see that you're not suffering alone, in Google Playstore under any app you want to download select review from device model only. You'd be surprise at this worldwide problem. 

I first noticed it with new bbm updates. I contacted bbm but the problem could not be solved. I know a guy who build apps and I usually try some of them but Tecno G9 will not let me. 

The best hint is buy another phone, phablet, or tablet.  Big Grin
This post was last modified: 14-01-2017, 07:01 AM by Moody2times.