Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Help with tecno H5
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Help with tecno H5

Help with tecno H5

Baptenda
Baptenda
Baptenda
06-07-2015, 02:44 PM

Hello I have a tecno H5 but i cant seem to know how to flash. I have its scatter file but I dont know which mode is appropriate to boot in the mode for sp flash tool. When I remove the battery and use the volume down, I reach the factory mode only. So the tool doesn't detect it. Any help? Thanks much for your support.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-07-2015, 06:42 PM
(06-07-2015, 02:44 PM)Baptenda Hello I have a tecno H5 but i cant seem to know how to flash. I have its scatter file but I dont know which mode is appropriate to boot in the mode for sp flash tool. When I remove the battery and use the volume down, I reach the factory mode only. So the tool doesn't detect it. Any help? Thanks much for your support.

you'll need more than a scatter file. you need a stock backup
1. whats wrong with the phone and how did it start?
2. supply a gmail address

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Baptenda
Baptenda
Baptenda
06-07-2015, 09:21 PM
I want to check if I can fix the camera issue. I remember when I installed a flashlight app and later the main camera is not working anymore. When I turn on the camera, only the from camera works. Tried to reset no change. So I think the only way to check if the camera can work is to do flash stock. My email address is baptenda@gmail.com. Thanks a million.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-07-2015, 09:54 AM
(06-07-2015, 09:21 PM)Baptenda I want to check if I can fix the camera issue. I remember when I installed a flashlight app and later the main camera is not working anymore. When I turn on the camera, only the from camera works. Tried to reset no change. So I think the only way to check if the camera can work is to do flash stock. My email address is baptenda@gmail.com. Thanks a million.

granted! download h5 new backup @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html and flash system.img (Android) using Sp flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Baptenda
Baptenda
Baptenda
07-07-2015, 12:57 PM

Thanks for the permissions. For the flashing process I have a problem though. I tried all methods to make it read by sp flash tool, to no avail. So is there any mode specific for my Tecno H5? I had read somewhere it's necessary to press the volume down when you want to flash a rom to an mtk, but this too failed. Was it because I was flashing a scatter file? Need your help again. Thank you.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-07-2015, 03:08 PM
(07-07-2015, 12:57 PM)Baptenda Thanks for the permissions. For the flashing process I have a problem though. I tried all methods to make it read by sp flash tool, to no avail. So is there any mode specific for my Tecno H5? I had read somewhere it's necessary to press the volume down when you want to flash a rom to an mtk, but this too failed. Was it because I was flashing a scatter file? Need your help again. Thank you.

list the files in the backup folder you have. I need to know exactly what you're trying to flash first.
BTW, you dont need to hold volume down button. 
ensure you'd installed vcom drivers using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html

Note!
Baptenda
Baptenda
Baptenda
09-07-2015, 07:43 PM
(07-07-2015, 03:08 PM)hovatek
(07-07-2015, 12:57 PM)Baptenda Thanks for the permissions. For the flashing process I have a problem though. I tried all methods to make it read by sp flash tool, to no avail. So is there any mode specific for my Tecno H5? I had read somewhere it's necessary to press the volume down when you want to flash a rom to an mtk, but this too failed. Was it because I was flashing a scatter file? Need your help again. Thank you.

list the files in the backup folder you have. I need to know exactly what you're trying to flash first.
BTW, you dont need to hold volume down button. 
ensure you'd installed vcom drivers using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html

Hello, I attached a picture showing which files I found inside the zip file. So which file will I flash first then? Thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-07-2015, 01:21 PM
(09-07-2015, 07:43 PM)Baptenda Hello, I attached a picture showing which files I found inside the zip file. So which file will I  flash first then? Thanks

flash all the files in it.
ensure to follow the SP flash tool guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html and see the video

Note!