Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android phone is dead bricked
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

phone is dead bricked

phone is dead bricked

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
idave
idave
idave
Enthusiastic Member
07-07-2015, 10:24 AM

The model of my phone is Tecno m3. It just got dead bricked (it does not show any sign of booting not even the tecno boot logo. it just vibrates and stays like that for hours...).

It started when I tried to correct an anomaly which made my phone's data and come on itself (whenever that happens the phone would hang if I'm using any 3rd party app until I switch them both off). I first rooted the phone, installed custom recovery and tried to wipe data/factory reset 3 times to no avail (the wipe data would be completed but when I reboot my phone I'll find nothing happened in all three times).

So I decided to install a custom Rom since I was still running stock Rom. The Rom I used was the one I had already installed for a friend on her own tecno m3 so I was confident it had to work.
The first 2 times I tried I received an error message but with the third trial it started installing (only for it to stop midway and go off).

Since then my phone have not been able to come on, charge or do anything. Please I'll like to request permission to download the stock m3 Rom so I can unbrick my phone. Thanks
idave
idave
idave
Enthusiastic Member
07-07-2015, 11:00 AM
Pls HOVATEK I'm patiently waiting but my time is really ticking fast. Thanks in advance...
This post was last modified: 07-07-2015, 11:01 AM by idave.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-07-2015, 02:51 PM
(07-07-2015, 10:24 AM)idave The model of my phone is Tecno m3. It just got dead bricked (it does not show any sign of booting not even the tecno boot logo. it just vibrates and stays like that for hours...).

It started when I tried to correct an anomaly which made my phone's data and come on itself (whenever that happens the phone would hang if I'm using any 3rd party app until I switch them both off). I first rooted the phone, installed custom recovery and tried to wipe data/factory reset 3 times to no avail (the wipe data would be completed but  when I reboot my phone I'll find nothing happened in all three times).

So I decided to install a custom Rom since I was still running stock Rom. The Rom I used was the one I had already installed for a friend on her own tecno m3 so I was confident it had to work.
The first 2 times I tried I received an error message but with the third trial it started installing (only for it to stop midway and go off).

Since then my phone have not been able to come on, charge or do anything. Please I'll like to request permission to download the stock m3 Rom so I can unbrick my phone. Thanks

1. is the phone running on OS 4.2 or 4.4?
2. if its 4.2, check the pics @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html if its Old or New OS
3. supply a gmail address

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
idave
idave
idave
Enthusiastic Member
07-07-2015, 08:59 PM
(07-07-2015, 02:51 PM)hovatek
(07-07-2015, 10:24 AM)idave The model of my phone is Tecno m3. It just got dead bricked (it does not show any sign of booting not even the tecno boot logo. it just vibrates and stays like that for hours...).

It started when I tried to correct an anomaly which made my phone's data and come on itself (whenever that happens the phone would hang if I'm using any 3rd party app until I switch them both off). I first rooted the phone, installed custom recovery and tried to wipe data/factory reset 3 times to no avail (the wipe data would be completed but  when I reboot my phone I'll find nothing happened in all three times).

1. is the phone running on OS 4.2 or 4.4?
2. if its 4.2, check the pics @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html if its Old or New OS
3. supply a gmail address

It was running on 4.2 but the rom I wanted to install is a 4.4. I dont know which to choose now since the rom did'nt finish installing (I'll like you to help me on which to choose, whether 4.2 or 4.4).

My gmail is iykeokebata@gmail.com. Thanks
This post was last modified: 07-07-2015, 09:03 PM by idave.
idave
idave
idave
Enthusiastic Member
08-07-2015, 07:17 AM

Pls hovatek reply me, I've been waiting for your reply since 10pm... Thanks in advance
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-07-2015, 10:58 AM
(08-07-2015, 07:17 AM)idave Pls hovatek reply me, I've been waiting for your reply since 10pm... Thanks in advance

sorry, we have working hours and 10PM doesnt fall within the range
if the phone was running on OS 4.2 then you should not be flashing the M3 4.4 ROM because they're two different phones. The M3 4.4 isnt a ROM upgrade of the M3 4.2, they're two very different phones
since the phone was originally running on OS 4.2, you're yet to tell me if it was running on old or new OS
check the pics @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html to confirm

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
idave
idave
idave
Enthusiastic Member
16-07-2015, 08:18 AM
I'm sorry I now get what you mean, its the old m3 running stock 4.2 I have. I've done all you said with using mtkdroid tools to backup an existing Rom and spflash tools to flash the Rom.

My phone now boots but it only shows a white screen even after making the tecno boot sound and all. Pls what else can I do..??
This post was last modified: 16-07-2015, 08:20 AM by idave.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-07-2015, 11:51 AM
(16-07-2015, 08:18 AM)idave I'm sorry I now get what you mean, its the old m3 running stock 4.2 I have. I've done all you said with using mtkdroid tools to backup an existing Rom and spflash tools to flash the Rom.

My phone now boots but it only shows a white screen even after making the tecno boot sound and all. Pls what else can I do..??

you could try ours
granted! download @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html and flash using Sp flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html
This post was last modified: 16-07-2015, 11:52 AM by hovatek.

Note!
idave
idave
idave
Enthusiastic Member
17-07-2015, 02:03 AM
(16-07-2015, 11:51 AM)hovatek
(16-07-2015, 08:18 AM)idave I'm sorry I now get what you mean, its the old m3 running stock 4.2 I have. I've done all you said with using mtkdroid tools to backup an existing Rom and spflash tools to flash the Rom.

you could try ours
granted! download @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html and flash using Sp flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html

Thanks for the link but when I licked to download that of m3, it took me to an "adfly" advert page.
After i clicked "skip ad" I was taken to a google drive page showing me this error...

"403. That’s an error.
We're sorry, but you do not have access to this page. That’s all we know."

Pls can you tell me how I can get access...?? THANKS in Advance
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-07-2015, 11:14 AM

(17-07-2015, 02:03 AM)idave Thanks for the link but when I licked to download that of m3, it took me to an "adfly" advert page.
After i clicked "skip ad" I was taken to a google drive page showing me this error...

"403. That’s an error.
We're sorry, but you do not have access to this page. That’s all we know."

Pls can you tell me how I can get access...?? THANKS in Advance

ensure you're logged into iykeokebata@gmail.com and clicking the correct link for Tecno M3 4.2 old OS

Note!
Pages (2): 1 2 Next