Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Tutorial] How to make a ROM backup / Dump using Sp Flash Tool Read Back

it will work with mediatek mt6735 coz mtk droid tools deosnt detect my device

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2016, 12:35 AM by hovatek. )
(08-27-2014, 06:19 PM)hovatek Wrote: Requirement

* Phone (Whether rooted or not)
* PC

i have tried backing up my infinix x551 rom {16+1}g from the video tutorial you made but i keep getting this error about preloader signature and empty file error{ saying no file was selected}. even after trying to bck up, when i get back to the rom backup folder created , all i get is an empty folder without any file in it. i have done this over and over and i keep getting the same error. i also tried backing up only the nvram by editing it and then flashing it to another x551 that's having invalid imei error but it hasnt resolved the problem.

lastly, the scatter file that i created from the mtk droid tool didnt have the FAT file you talked about in the video tutorial...i also tried editing it using notepad to see if i can make it appear among the files but no way. even when i used userdata as my ROM_1 file length, it yet refused to do a proper read back.

what the hell on earth is wrong with the procedure?
i see everyone complaining about this backup process.
cant you make a more simplified and detailed tutorial for us?

thanks bro.
[email protected]
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2016, 10:33 AM by hovatek. )
(02-18-2016, 11:46 PM)Mcjona Wrote: .
The guide is pretty straight forward, and most people got it right, not the other way around.
Explain what you did step by step
The MTK Droid tool for newer chipset link is expired.....update link please, because i see MTK DROID Tool 2.5.3 not detected newer version of mtk phone like 4.4 and above
Or is there any solution to make Android version 4.4 and above to be detected with MTK DROID TOOL easily??
In my rooted Gionee P3S I am using backup Boot and recovery IMG using sp flash tool read back process but in start address is 000002C200 and length is 000000E900 for boot and 000003AB00 and length is 0000016900 for recovery so what can I do???
On sp flash tool starting address and length...
(09-27-2016, 07:28 AM)Rahul Machhi Wrote: In my rooted Gionee P3S I am using backup Boot and recovery IMG using sp flash tool read back process but in start address is 000002C200 and length is 000000E900 for boot and 000003AB00 and length is 0000016900 for recovery so what can I do???
On sp flash tool starting address and length...

000002C200 = 0x2C200
000000E900 = 0xE900

Thats how you convert as the guide instructed
Hi,

I facing problem with my phone after been flash by someone.
The SNID not as same as printed as back of phone.
I try to back up my ROM but facing problem also.
Please help me.

.jpg   Acer Z410_1.JPG (Size: 65.94 KB / Downloads: 13)

.jpg   Acer Z410_2.JPG (Size: 87.87 KB / Downloads: 13)

Please provide me step by step since I'm not a computer gigs..old schools..hehehe
(11-29-2016, 11:04 AM)madi.karlos Wrote: Hi,

I facing problem with my phone after been flash by someone.
The SNID not as same as printed as back of phone.
I try to back up my ROM but facing problem also.
Please help me.

Please provide me step by step since I'm not a computer gigs..old schools..hehehe

create a new thread so we focus on it
see https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-514.html for how to create a thread
FIRST, I tried multiple times to get my phone (Tecno W3) to communicate with "MTK Droid Tools 2.5.3 and 2.5.2" and I got this {
--- ERROR  :  --- TotalBytesPerChunk Not Found. Set default Page/Spare=2048/64 !!!
--- Unknown ROM structure, backup NOT possible!
} I tried the solution from Hovatek provided Errors meaning and solution for "MTK Droid Tools" and it didn't work.

SECOND, I've two scatter files one I downloaded from Hovatek with TWRP Recovery and the other I got from downloaded backup (Miracle Box II: used in backing up) the both of them are similar except in the part of "flashinfo" the starting address and partition size are different. my problem is with the readback of my phone's (Tecno W3) Preloader [The actual size of the preloader is 0x40000 in hex which is 4 MBytes after calculationg it] SP Flash Tool read my Preloader as 4 MByte it's OK but when loading the scatter file an error appears warning me that the preloader is {
Please check the load image file is correct or not?
}
I've another preloader from backup I downloaded from internet (Miracle Box II was used) which is much smaller in size with 117 KBytes only when I replace this one with the SP Flash one's it works and loads it's location fine.

Finally, Thank you all for your efforts...