Hi, Guest! Login / Register
Giveaway: Free Hovatek T-shirts, Hoodies & Cufflinks.. I WANT ONE! (Nov 25, 2017)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How do I remove shortcut virus

A friend used his bb phone on my laptop and any SD card device I plug to my system create shortcut of files I copy to it. I had avast anti virus I removed it n installed Norton Internet Security still it still there. The most important thing is that my final year product is on the line here. Please I need help before I stay one more year in school for being hood to a friend

Sent from my P2S using Hovatek mobile

(07-10-2015, 12:13 PM)Phartone Wrote: A friend used his bb phone on my laptop and any SD card device I plug to my system create shortcut of files I copy to it. I had avast anti virus I removed it n installed Norton Internet Security still it still there. The most important thing is that my final year product is on the line here. Please I need help before I stay one more year in school for being hood to a friend

Solution to fixing the lnk or shortcut virus @ https://blog.hovatek.com/how-to-recover-...sb-devices
(07-10-2015, 12:13 PM)Phartone Wrote: A friend used his bb phone on my laptop and any SD card device I plug to my system create shortcut of files I copy to it. I had avast anti virus I removed it n installed Norton Internet Security still it still there. The most important thing is that my final year product is on the line here. Please I need help before I stay one more year in school for being hood to a friend

Thats the recycler virus
follow the link that X3non dropped. go straight to the command prompt method of recovering shortcut corrupted files.
download the latest version of Norton from their website (even if its trial) and scan your PC
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
i am also having the same issue i just did that but its not working
(10-28-2015, 01:10 PM)thewyze Wrote: i am also having the same issue i just did that but its not working

create a new thread, this is someone else's support thread

see https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-514.html for how to create a thread
Pls try to get a grip of their problem first before refering them to the blogs

I figured out now that the solution you kept refering them to in your blog doesn't solve the problem

So I advice you understand them first pls

Thanks

Sent from my TECNO_P5_PLUS using Hovatek mobile
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2016, 04:52 AM by lucky. )
To solve shortcut virus on ur computer Try and Download_usbfix http://www.filehippo.com/download_usbfix/
(03-07-2016, 03:06 AM)Mcjona Wrote: Pls try to get a grip of their problem first before refering them to the blogs  

I figured out now that the solution you kept refering them to in your blog doesn't solve the problem  

So I advice you understand them first pls  

Thanks

Sent from my TECNO_P5_PLUS using Hovatek mobile

I'm pretty sure it does. 
There's a section at the blog post that describes the recycler virus. That will help him recover corrupted files on devices he connects to the PC.
Scanning the PC with an antivirus will remove recycler from the PC.
Both instructions have been given in the above comments
first of all back up your data then install clean windows then use any antivirus before opening any thing then your virus wil be remove .. good luck
this is because virues keep running or not get detect my antiviruses so instal clean windows solves your problem..