Hi, Guest! Login / Register    

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Tutorial] How to revert to stock boot animation and boot logo on an MTK Android phone

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2015, 11:14 PM by hovatek. )

If your MTK (e.g Tecno, Gionee, Micromax, Infinix, Oppson etc) Android phone is showing a foreign boot logo or boot animation  and you wish to revert to the stock logo / boot animation, all you need to do is:

Step 1: With phone

* Ensure the phone is rooted 
* Install a root browser / root file explorer like ROM toolbox lite .
* Get the stock boot animation / logo for your phone model (from system/media folder of a working phone of the same model)
* In the root browser, navigate to the system > media folder
* To change boot animation, replace the bootanimation.zip file
* To change shutdown animation, replace the shutanimation.zip file
* To change boot / shutdown sounds, replace bootaudio.mp3 and shutaudio.mp3
* To change boot logo, navigate to system > media > images and replace the Boot_logo file
* Wipe cache partition in recovery mode if the change doesn't take effect after a reboot

Step 2: With PC

* Get the stock boot.img and logo.bin for your exact phone model
* Flash both files to the affected phone using SP Flash tool (see https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-159.html)
* Reboot the phone

Note: If all the above fail then format the phone using SP flash tool (Except Bootloader) then re-flash the stock ROM

I did all procedures of how to recover boot logo including wipe factory but effect didno't take place.
(12-10-2014, 09:13 AM)Malle Wrote: I did all procedures of how to recover boot logo including wipe factory but effect didno't take place.

have you tried formatting the phone using Sp flash tool and re-flashing the stock ROM?
hello. i flashed logo.bon using sp flash tool n it worked on tecno f5. thanks. i wiped cache, flashed scatter file, logo.bin and boot.img. it removed samsung logo that got in after flashing samsung rom by lordvest.