Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Tecno M3 Unsuccessful encryption. Please help me
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Tecno M3 Unsuccessful encryption. Please help me

Tecno M3 Unsuccessful encryption. Please help me

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Herdhemhola
Herdhemhola
Herdhemhola
Enthusiastic Member
09-09-2014, 08:07 AM

The problem started just a week when I root my phone.When I switched on my phone,I saw unsuccessful encryption on my tecno m3, and reset your phone under it. I clicked it and entered recovery mode. I tried to reset it to factory reset but I got 'mount/data error'. I also tried to flash it using MTK droid tools, d msg is 'ur phone is not suitable for this recovery' please help me. Thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
09-09-2014, 11:27 AM
(09-09-2014, 08:07 AM)Herdhemhola The problem started just a week when I root my phone.When I switched on my phone,I saw unsuccessful encryption on my tecno m3, and reset your phone under it. I clicked it and entered recovery mode. I tried to reset it to factory reset but I got 'mount/data error'. I also tried to flash it using MTK droid tools, d msg is 'ur phone is not suitable for this recovery' please help me. Thanks

Your data partition is corrupted. Try formatting your memory card then slotting back in and restarting your phone. lets know how that goes. Also, Is the phone running on stock or clockworkmod recovery mode?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Herdhemhola
Herdhemhola
Herdhemhola
Enthusiastic Member
09-09-2014, 11:43 AM
(09-09-2014, 11:27 AM)hovatek
(09-09-2014, 08:07 AM)Herdhemhola The problem started just a week when I root my phone.When I switched on my phone,I saw unsuccessful encryption on my tecno m3, and reset your phone under it. I clicked it and entered recovery mode. I tried to reset it to factory reset but I got 'mount/data error'. I also tried to flash it using MTK droid tools, d msg is 'ur phone is not suitable for this recovery' please help me. Thanks

Your data partition is corrupted. Try formatting your memory card then slotting back in and restarting your phone. lets know how that goes. Also, Is the phone running on stock or clockworkmod recovery mode?

I have tried,it's still the same thing. My phone is in stock recovery mode and when I tried to do factory reset under system recovery I got ds error "mount /data error" data wipe failed" . Thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
09-09-2014, 11:53 AM
(09-09-2014, 11:43 AM)Herdhemhola I have tried,it's still the same thing. My phone is in stock recovery mode and when I tried to do factory reset under system recovery I got ds error "mount /data error" data wipe failed" . Thanks

Do you have access to a working M3? If you do then make an MTK backup of the phone using http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-468.html if you don't, then request for download permission @ http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html .
when you get the M3 MTK backup, follow this guide @ http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html . format the phone (Do Not format Bootloader) using SP flash tool then flash the files to the phone and try booting again. If you get the Encryption error then try a factory reset in recovery mode again.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Herdhemhola
Herdhemhola
Herdhemhola
Enthusiastic Member
10-09-2014, 07:11 AM

(09-09-2014, 11:53 AM)hovatek
(09-09-2014, 11:43 AM)Herdhemhola I have tried,it's still the same thing. My phone is in stock recovery mode and when I tried to do factory reset under system recovery I got ds error "mount /data error" data wipe failed" . Thanks

Do you have access to a working M3? If you do then make an MTK backup of the phone using http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-468.html if you don't, then request for download permission @ http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html .
when you get the M3 MTK backup, follow this guide @ http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html . format the phone (Do Not format Bootloader) using SP flash tool then flash the files to the phone and try booting again. If you get the Encryption error then try a factory reset in recovery mode again.

Format was successful but during download, I received 8038 error which says that PM is ready but layout has been changed. I tried to reboot to the recovery mode still cannot do factory reset
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-09-2014, 10:34 AM
(10-09-2014, 07:11 AM)Herdhemhola Format was successful but during download, I received 8038 error which says that PM is ready but layout has been changed. I tried to reboot to the recovery mode still cannot do factory reset

1. Were you able to use the firmware upgrade option in SP flash tool?
2. If format was successful then your phone shouldn't even be able to come on, how then did you flash files to the phone?
3. Can you get access to a working phone of the same model?
This post was last modified: 10-09-2014, 10:37 AM by hovatek.

Note!
Herdhemhola
Herdhemhola
Herdhemhola
Enthusiastic Member
10-09-2014, 11:01 AM
(10-09-2014, 10:34 AM)hovatek
(10-09-2014, 07:11 AM)Herdhemhola Format was successful but during download, I received 8038 error which says that PM is ready but layout has been changed. I tried to reboot to the recovery mode still cannot do factory reset

1. Were you able to use the firmware upgrade option in SP flash tool?
2. If format was successful then your phone shouldn't even be able to come on, how then did you flash files to the phone?
3. Can you get access to a working phone of the same model?

1. No, because when I clicked on firmware upgrade, one box came up telling me to check correct image, still the same response when I checked only recovery, bootimg and android image.
2. I received successful message during the phone format but to my surprised my phone still ON. After format, I uploaded files from the MTK stock ROM I downloaded from your site by double click scatter file and click download. When click on download, one dialog box came up too telling me that not all message are loaded in the right format that continuing it may result in wrong boot issue.
3. I cant but I downloaded one from your site. thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-09-2014, 11:40 AM
(10-09-2014, 11:01 AM)Herdhemhola 1. No, because when I clicked on firmware upgrade, one box came up telling me to check correct image, still the same response when I checked only recovery, bootimg and android image.
2. I received successful message during the phone format but to my surprised my phone still ON. After format, I uploaded files from the MTK stock ROM I downloaded from your site by double click scatter file and click download. When click on download, one dialog box came up too telling me that not all message are loaded in the right format that continuing it may result in wrong boot issue.

there's something wrong with the format process

1. What version of sp flash tool are you using?
2. did you also download the CWM backup?

you'll need the usrdata and cache from CWM to do the firmware upgrade

Note!
Herdhemhola
Herdhemhola
Herdhemhola
Enthusiastic Member
10-09-2014, 12:03 PM
(10-09-2014, 11:40 AM)hovatek
(10-09-2014, 11:01 AM)Herdhemhola 1. No, because when I clicked on firmware upgrade, one box came up telling me to check correct image, still the same response when I checked only recovery, bootimg and android image.

there's something wrong with the format process

1. What version of sp flash tool are you using?
2. did you also download the CWM backup?

you'll need the usrdata and cache from CWM to do the firmware upgrade

1. I am using sp flash tool v3_1328_0183 and v3_1332_0187
2. No

Please, tell me the steps. my phone cant boot beyond unsuccessful encryption and system recovery with wipe failed. Please I need your help seriously. Thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-09-2014, 12:40 PM

(10-09-2014, 12:03 PM)Herdhemhola 1. I am using sp flash tool v3_1328_0183 and v3_1332_0187
2. No

Please, tell me the steps. my phone cant boot beyond unsuccessful encryption and system recovery with wipe failed. Please I need your help seriously. Thanks

Request for permission to download Tecno M3 CWM backup @ http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html .

meanwhile,

1. flash Clockworkmod recovery to the phone using http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-455.html
2. get another working memory card > format it > slot into the phone > boot > when you get that encryption unsuccessful error, boot into Clockworkmod recovery and try factory reset again

Note!
Pages (2): 1 2 Next