Hovatek Forum GENERAL General Discussions MTN SME Data Share
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

MTN SME Data Share

MTN SME Data Share

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
09-09-2014, 10:38 PM

What is MTN SME Data Share?

MTN SME Data Share is a prepaid service that allows business owners to buy data bundles and share with their staff.  This service is specifically designed for growing businesses offering them the ability to centrally manage internet usage per staff across their business.
MTN SME Data Share has been designed to be simple, intuitive self-service solution, putting you in full control of your spend on data across your business.
To enjoy this service, you will need to first migrate to the MTN SME Plus tariff plan by texting 460 to 131.

Key Features

* Data is transferred to beneficiaries using SMS or USSD
* Data can be shared with anyone
* The sharer of the data (sponsor) will have control of allocating data
* Multiple data plans

Benefits

You are able to provide internet access to all your staff even when on the go or in geographically-dispersed staff.
You are able to better plan/manage spend on internet for all your staff.

[th]SME Subscription Plans[/th]
Price (₦) Data SMS Code USSD code
10000 10 465 to 131 dial *461# and follow the prompt
18000 20 466 to 131 dial *461# and follow the prompt
40500 50 467 to 131 dial *461# and follow the prompt
52500 75 468 to 131 dial *461# and follow the prompt

* All packages are valid for 30 days

How do I purchase an MTN SME Data Share bundle?

To purchase an MTN SME Data Share bundle, all you need to do is:
Send 460 to 131 or dial *460# to migrate to the SME Plus Service Class
You must ensure your airtime balance (on the mobile phone doing the sharing) can cater for the cost of data bundle being purchased.
Pay for a data share bundle by sending the keyword that corresponds to the plan you wish to purchase (as in table above).

How does the customer recharge his account?

Three days before subscription expiration, customer will be sent an SMS every day advising for payment to be made.
Payment is made by:
* Recharge Card
* VTU
* Cheque

Once the airtime is credited, the payment will be automatically deducted from the phone’s airtime and validity of the subscription will be extended accordingly.

How can I recharge large sums on my mobile airtime to pay for the MTN SME Data Share Service?

You can use Quickteller by visiting www.quickteller.com. Quickteller enables you to recharge your mobile airtime using your ATM card. To recharge large sums of money online at Quickteller, please follow the steps below first:

* Go to the nearest ATM, and insert your ATM card
* Select the Quickteller option from the ATM menu screen
* Select Pay Bills
* Select Others
* Enter 322222 as the Payment Code
* Enter your phone number as the Customer Reference Number
* Follow the prompts to complete the transaction, Service costs N1
* Once your number is registered you shall be able to recharge large sums using one-time passwords that will be sent to your phone to securely complete each transaction.

Can I top-up anytime during subscription cycle?

Yes, you can purchase any additional data share bundle plan multiple times within the month of existing subscription whether or not the data is exhausted. Data will be accumulated and expiry date will assume latest date of purchase.

Is there a limit to the number of beneficiaries that I can share data with?

No, there is no limit as long as the sponsor has enough data to share.

Is there a limit to the number of times I can share data with a beneficiary?

Sponsor can share data with beneficiary multiple times. Data shall be accumulated and expiry date will reflect latest data share.

How do I share data with a beneficiary?

You can share data with any beneficiary by sending SMS below to 131 (or dial *461# and follow the prompt):
SMESHARE <PhoneNumber> <DATASIZE> <PIN>

NOTE: You can only share data in multiples of 250MB, 500MB, 750MB or 1GB. Sharing data in multiples of any other data sizes in not allowed.
For example to share 250MB of data with beneficiary using phone number 08031234567 and MTN PIN ‘1234’, then the following is sent as SMS to 131 (or Dial *461# and follow the prompt);
SMESHARE 08031234567 250 1234 = Correct Format!
SMESHARE 08031234567 200 1234 = Wrong Format

Can I share data sizes multiple times to the same beneficiary?

Yes, especially when the data size which you wish to share is larger than 1GB. To share data of larger sizes than 2GB for instance, you will need to share 1GB twice.
For example, to share 2GB of data with beneficiary using phone number 08031234567 and MTN PIN ‘1234’, simply send SMESHARE 08031234567 1000 1234 twice to effectively share 2GB.

Does beneficiary’s phone number have to be an MTN phone number to enjoy the service?

Yes, the beneficiary’s phone number must be an MTN phone number on any service class.

How do I check my data balance?

You simply send DATABALANCE to 131 or dial *461# and follow the prompt

How do beneficiaries check their data balance?

The beneficiary checks own balance by sending SHAREBALANCE to 131 or dialing *461# and following the prompt.

Can I use my existing MTN PIN for the MTN SME Data Share service?

Yes.
This post was last modified: 07-11-2015, 10:19 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.