Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to fix Encryption Unsuccessful error in Mediatek (MTK)
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to fix Encryption Unsuccessful error in Mediatek (MTK)

[Tutorial] How to fix Encryption Unsuccessful error in Mediatek (MTK)

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-09-2014, 02:55 PM

If you boot your MTK Android (e.g Tecno, Gionee, Infinix, Opsson, Innjoo etc) phone and see Encryption Unsuccessful then encryption was interrupted and can't complete. As a result, the data on your phone is no longer accessible.
To resume using your phone, you must perform a factory reset. When you set up your phone after the reset, you'll have an opportunity to restore any data that was backed up to your Google account "

Then your /data or /SD card partitions might be corrupted . To resolve this issue, click the "Reset phone" button at the bottom of the message or boot into recovery mode and select the Wipe data / Factory reset option. You could also wipe cache partition for good measure. If the issue persists then format the SD memory card, slot it back in then reboot the phone .

* Note: If you encounter the mount /data error then readĀ http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-580.html

If a factory reset in recovery modeĀ fails to fix it, boot into factory mode (volume down + power button). It'll display in Chinese. Select the option which has "eMMC" in its name and wait for it to complete then reboot the phone.

Important Notice
If both a reset and firmware flash fail then it might be an emmc issue

[Image: How_to_fix_encryption_unsuccessful.jpg]
This post was last modified: 07-10-2019, 08:38 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
immanuelsons
immanuelsons
immanuelsons
03-12-2014, 11:34 PM
I just encountered this issue..and i pressed reset phone..it rebooted and showed me android robot and showing this blue button indicating file transfer.but twill switch off afterwards..now i cant even boot into cwm recovery .it keeps showing this thing..what do i do please?
Joseph Hempire
Joseph Hempire
Joseph Hempire
Enthusiastic Member
04-12-2014, 04:25 AM
I have tried a factory reset and the message it's rendering that,

E:format_volume: make_extf4fs failed on /dev/block/mmcblk0p6
E:cant mount /cache/recovery/log
E:cant open /cache/recovery/log
E:cant mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E:cant open /cache/recovery/last_log
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
04-12-2014, 03:03 PM
(03-12-2014, 11:34 PM)immanuelsons I just encountered this issue..and i pressed reset phone..it rebooted and showed me android robot and showing this blue button indicating file transfer.but twill switch off afterwards..now i cant even boot into cwm recovery .it keeps showing this thing..what do i do please?

remove the battery for 30 seconds then slot back in and boot the phone. leave it to continue. your phone will boot normally when it's done

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
04-12-2014, 03:04 PM

(04-12-2014, 04:25 AM)Joseph Hempire I have tried a factory reset and the message it's rendering that,

E:format_volume: make_extf4fs failed on /dev/block/mmcblk0p6
E:cant mount /cache/recovery/log
E:cant open /cache/recovery/log
E:cant mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E:cant open /cache/recovery/last_log

you need to flash another system.img

Note!
GanG
GanG
GanG
Respected Member
01-05-2015, 08:04 AM
Hello am also having this Encryption unsuccessful problem on blackberry z10 clone have already flash cwm on it but i cant boot to CWM unless i use App like MobileUncle. then i backed up another type of blackberry z10 and i flash its backup to wake my dead bb10 now it showing Encryption unsuccessful if i click on reset phone it does'nt show any action it stil stand on the same page of Encryption successful help me please
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-05-2015, 08:37 AM
(01-05-2015, 08:04 AM)GanG Hello am also having this Encryption unsuccessful problem on blackberry z10 clone have already flash cwm on it but i cant boot to CWM unless i use App like MobileUncle. then i backed up another type of blackberry z10 and i flash its backup to wake my dead bb10 now it showing Encryption unsuccessful if i click on reset phone it does'nt show any action it stil stand on the same page of Encryption successful help me please

create a new thread so we focus on this

Note!
JIJO
JIJO
JIJO
Techie Member
17-08-2018, 07:31 PM
Hi
I have Acer_AV0K0_E380_1.002.00_EMEA_GEN2 and i tried to flash Encryption Unsuccessful with

MT6589__acer__E380__acer_e3__4.4.2__Acer_AV0K0_E380_1.002.00_WW_OPCUS4s.rar since its the only one available similar But not exact.

Im still failing and my tools are SP TOOL and CM2 please help me i am so frustrated.

Email: sitimelag@gmail.com
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
18-08-2018, 02:07 PM
(17-08-2018, 07:31 PM)JIJO Hi
I have Acer_AV0K0_E380_1.002.00_EMEA_GEN2 and i tried to flash Encryption Unsuccessful with

try the fixes in the first post of this thread
christarenaslib@yahoo.com
Enthusiastic Member
10-04-2020, 03:30 PM

How do I solve an emmc issue. My tecno w3 keep bringing out decryption unsuccessful.
I have flashed the stock rom
I have manually formatted it using the scatter file and notepad++

What else can I do air
Pages (2): 1 2 Next