Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Phone not starting after unsuccessful flashing
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Phone not starting after unsuccessful flashing

Phone not starting after unsuccessful flashing

Pages (5): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
Androhelp
Androhelp
Androhelp
16-09-2014, 01:34 PM

The error 4032 you're getting means that SP flash believes that the ROM you downloaded is not meant for your phone, but this is often corrected by formatting the phone than using firmware upgrade or download (preloader.bin alone first before other files) . You said it gives you the same error during format and that is really weird. Please, confirm this and also, lets know what version(s) of Sp flash tool you used
[/quote]

I cross checked and confirmed the following behaviour--

1) I always got the 'BROM ERROR : S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAIL (4032) [EMI] Enable DRAM Failed!" error in whenever --
a) tried to 'Format' (including preloader)
b) at the time of selectinging all modules (preloader, bootimage etc) mentioned by scatter file and 'Download'
c) try to only 'Download' the preloader

In all the above cases, the 'DA DL all with checksum' was ticked in General setting of 'Option'

I also confirmed that whenever the phone is connected, the 'MTK USB Port (COM3) was showing in ports of 'Device Manager'. There was no exclamation sign noticed. (even though it is an accepted fact that the device was getting diconnected/reconnected every now and then)

The SP Flash Tool version details is in the snapshots attached herewith. Please see the details in the logs and snapshots attached and advice further. Thanks.
Attached Files
.png
USB port driver in device Manager.PNG
Size: 6.93 KB / Downloads: 97
.zip
SP_FT_Dump_09-16-2014-17-22-27.zip
Size: 50.74 KB / Downloads: 8
.png
SP_Flash_Tool_version.PNG
Size: 16.46 KB / Downloads: 92
chaiko
chaiko
chaiko
Techie Member
16-09-2014, 01:55 PM
I flashed clockworkmod on my tecno m3 I mistakenly format my system it now when I on phone it only show TECNO ..notin more please what wil I do
Androhelp
Androhelp
Androhelp
16-09-2014, 02:09 PM
(16-09-2014, 01:55 PM)chaiko I flashed clockworkmod on my tecno m3 I mistakenly format my system it now when I on phone it only show TECNO ..notin  more please what wil I do

Hello Chaiko,

It is not a good idea to hijack the topic being discussed in this present thread. Your issue and my problem is in different line. Would request you to please open a new thread to discuss about your issue/concerns and let me discuss my issue in this present thread. Thanks for your understanding.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-09-2014, 02:25 PM
(16-09-2014, 01:55 PM)chaiko I flashed clockworkmod on my tecno m3 I mistakenly format my system it now when I on phone it only show TECNO ..notin  more please what wil I do

Kindly create a new thread for your M3 issue by clicking this link --> http://www.hovatek.com/forum/newthread.php?fid=4  . enter the title and the m3 issue then submit. Its nothing serious and we can easily help you resolve it.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-09-2014, 02:35 PM

(16-09-2014, 01:34 PM)Androhelp I cross checked and confirmed the following behaviour--

1) I always got the 'BROM ERROR : S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAIL (4032) [EMI] Enable DRAM Failed!" error in whenever --
b) at the time of selectinging all modules (preloader, bootimage etc) mentioned by scatter file and 'Download'

In all the above cases, the 'DA DL all with checksum' was ticked in General setting of 'Option'

I also confirmed that whenever the phone is connected, the 'MTK USB Port (COM3) was showing in ports of 'Device Manager'. There was no exclamation sign noticed. (even though it is an accepted fact that the device was getting diconnected/reconnected every now and then)

The SP Flash Tool version details is in the snapshots attached herewith. Please see the details in the logs and snapshots attached and advice further. Thanks.

SP flash tool is now able to detect the phone properly from all the logs. problem is it doesn't think the ROM and your phone are meant for each other. Now that we're clear on the problem, i need you to shed more light on something you said. You said

" 1) I always got the 'BROM ERROR : S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAIL (4032) [EMI] Enable DRAM Failed!" error in whenever --
a) tried to 'Format' (including preloader)..."

I need you to explain what exactly you mean by this step as in exactly how you went about it. Because format only ask you if you want to also format Bootloader (format whole flash) or not. Where exactly did preloader come into formatting? or was it a typo (you actually meant to type Bootloader)?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Androhelp
Androhelp
Androhelp
16-09-2014, 02:47 PM
(16-09-2014, 02:35 PM)hovatek
(16-09-2014, 01:34 PM)Androhelp I cross checked and confirmed the following behaviour--

SP flash tool is now able to detect the phone properly from all the logs. problem is it doesn't think the ROM and your phone are meant for each other. Now that we're clear on the problem, i need you to shed more light on something you said. You said

" 1) I always got the 'BROM ERROR : S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAIL (4032) [EMI] Enable DRAM Failed!" error in whenever --
a) tried to 'Format' (including preloader)..."

I need you to explain what exactly you mean by this step as in exactly how you went about it. Because format only ask you if you want to also format Bootloader (format whole flash) or not. Where exactly did preloader come into formatting? or was it a typo (you actually meant to type Bootloader)?

Thanks for the quick revert back and apologies for the confusion. I typed wrongly as 'preloader' instead of 'BootLoader'. Also loaded the snapshots for better clarity. Please let me know for any clarification/information needed. Thanks.
Attached Files
.png
Clarification_reg_Format.PNG
Size: 39.54 KB / Downloads: 78
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-09-2014, 05:21 PM
(16-09-2014, 02:47 PM)Androhelp Thanks for the quick revert back and apologies for the confusion. I typed wrongly as 'preloader' instead of 'BootLoader'. Also loaded the snapshots for better clarity. Please let me know for any clarification/information needed. Thanks.

Your really shouldn't be getting this error during format.
1. Untick the validation box and try again.
2. Consider formatting with a lower version, maybe v 3.13
3. Try a different scatter file for the same model

Note!
Androhelp
Androhelp
Androhelp
16-09-2014, 06:29 PM
(16-09-2014, 05:21 PM)hovatek
(16-09-2014, 02:47 PM)Androhelp Thanks for the quick revert back and apologies for the confusion. I typed wrongly as 'preloader' instead of 'BootLoader'. Also loaded the snapshots for better clarity. Please let me know for any clarification/information needed. Thanks.

1.  Untick the validation box and try again.

Please find my reply below--

Same error (error 4032)- 'Enable DRAM Failed'

Tried with old version but still same error.

Stock ROM for my phone model has been Downloaded afresh from another internet site now and upon testing, found the same error.

Please see the snapshots and logs attached herewith.
Attached Files
.zip
SP_FT_Dump_09-16-2014-22-44-20.zip
Size: 51.58 KB / Downloads: 0
.png
SP_Flash_old_version.PNG
Size: 20.57 KB / Downloads: 18
.png
SP_Flash_simulation.PNG
Size: 37.18 KB / Downloads: 19
Androhelp
Androhelp
Androhelp
16-09-2014, 07:44 PM
(16-09-2014, 06:29 PM)Androhelp
(16-09-2014, 05:21 PM)hovatek

1.  Untick the validation box and try again.

Please find my reply below--

Same error (error 4032)- 'Enable DRAM Failed'

Tried with old version but still same error.

Stock ROM for my phone model has been Downloaded afresh from another internet site now and upon testing, found the same error.

Please see the snapshots and logs attached herewith.

Upon further testing of the old version SP Flash Tool, when I clicked to 'Download' or 'Firmware Upgrade', got the attached error (error 2005).

When try to download only 'preloader' module, SP Flash shows error 1013 as snapshot attached. Please suggest.
Attached Files
.png
error.PNG
Size: 44.55 KB / Downloads: 6
.png
Error_at_Preloader_download.PNG
Size: 38.58 KB / Downloads: 6
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-09-2014, 08:34 PM

(16-09-2014, 07:44 PM)Androhelp Upon further testing of the old version SP Flash Tool, when I clicked to 'Download' or 'Firmware Upgrade', got the attached error (error 2005).
When try to download only 'preloader' module, SP Flash shows error 1013 as snapshot attached. Please suggest.

Error 2005 gives us a lead worth following but before we focus on error 2005, try flashing only preloader.bin , boot.img and recovery.img . If you still get any of the above errors then the Bootrom download DA (as suggested in error 2005) might help. This requires that you hold down a USB key then release it once download DA begins. You can try holding Volume Down button before connecting the phone to PC for flashing. Try different permutations of Volume Down , Volume Up and power button, maybe
1. Volume down
2. Volume up
3. Volume down + Volume up
4. Volume down + power
5. Volume up +power

....standing by.....

Note!
Pages (5): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next