Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Phone not starting after unsuccessful flashing
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Phone not starting after unsuccessful flashing

Phone not starting after unsuccessful flashing

Pages (5): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
Androhelp
Androhelp
Androhelp
16-09-2014, 09:29 PM

(16-09-2014, 08:34 PM)hovatek
(16-09-2014, 07:44 PM)Androhelp Upon further testing of the old version SP Flash Tool, when I clicked to 'Download' or 'Firmware Upgrade', got the attached error (error 2005).
When try to download only 'preloader' module, SP Flash shows error 1013 as snapshot attached. Please suggest.

Error 2005 gives us a lead worth following but before we focus on error 2005, try flashing only preloader.bin , boot.img and recovery.img . If you still get any of the above errors then the Bootrom download DA (as suggested in error 2005) might help. This requires that you hold down a USB key then release it once download DA begins. You can try holding Volume Down button before connecting the phone to PC for flashing. Try different permutations of Volume Down , Volume Up and power button, maybe
1. Volume down
2. Volume up
3. Volume down + Volume up
4. Volume down + power
5. Volume up +power

....standing by.....
Please find my observations regarding the testing advised--

For Preloader+boot_recovery Download activity, got the error 4032 like earlier.

Regarding steps related to Error 2005 suggestion, after putting battery inside and pressing the required buttons (indicated below), when--

a) Volume decrease button-- nothing occured
b) Volume Increase button-- Error 4032
c) Power + Volume Decrease- 'MediaTek DA USB VCOM Port' installed and the 'MTK USB Port (COM3)' transformed to 'MediaTek DA USB VCOM Port (COM4)' automatically... nothing else
d) Power + Volume Increase-- nothing happened
e) vol up + vol down button-- nothing happened

Please find snapshots attached herewith.
Attached Files
.png
Vol_Increase_DA_Error.PNG
Size: 36.8 KB / Downloads: 27
.png
Preloader_boot_recovery_Error.PNG
Size: 38.88 KB / Downloads: 28
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-09-2014, 09:09 AM
(16-09-2014, 09:29 PM)Androhelp Please find my observations regarding the testing advised--

For Preloader+boot_recovery Download activity, got the error 4032 like earlier.

Regarding steps related to Error 2005 suggestion, after putting battery inside and pressing the required buttons (indicated below), when--

a) Volume decrease button-- nothing occured
b) Volume Increase button-- Error 4032
c) Power + Volume Decrease- 'MediaTek DA USB VCOM Port' installed and the 'MTK USB Port (COM3)' transformed to 'MediaTek DA USB VCOM Port (COM4)' automatically... nothing else
d) Power + Volume Increase-- nothing happened
e) vol up + vol down button-- nothing happened

Please find snapshots attached herewith.

Going through the logs and images.....we must be missing something.....

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-09-2014, 11:00 AM
(16-09-2014, 09:29 PM)Androhelp Please find snapshots attached herewith.
Alright. lets retrace our steps. First, remove every trace of Mediatek drivers using USB Deview . Also, what OS is your PC running on?
This post was last modified: 17-09-2014, 11:52 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Androhelp
Androhelp
Androhelp
17-09-2014, 11:10 AM
(17-09-2014, 11:00 AM)hovatek

Alright. lets retrace our steps. First, remove every trace of Mediatek drivers using USB Deview. Also, what OS is your PC running on?

Can you please explain in detail how to remove MediaTek drivers using USB Deview?? My PC is having Windows XP (32 bit) SP3 OS installed.
Androhelp
Androhelp
Androhelp
17-09-2014, 11:31 AM

(17-09-2014, 11:10 AM)Androhelp
(17-09-2014, 11:00 AM)hovatek

Alright. lets retrace our steps. First, remove every trace of Mediatek drivers using USB Deview. Also, what OS is your PC running on?

Can you please explain in detail how to remove MediaTek drivers using USB Deview?? My PC is having Windows XP (32 bit) SP3 OS installed.

I downloaded USBDeview and uninstalled the 'MTK USB Port (COM3)' and 'MediaTek DA USB VCOM Port (COM4)' selecting from the list of USBDeview. Please let me know what to do next.

Now, the USBDeview looks like attached snapshots (after above uninstallation).
Attached Files
.png
USBDeview.PNG
Size: 49.62 KB / Downloads: 14
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-09-2014, 12:02 PM
(17-09-2014, 11:31 AM)Androhelp I downloaded USBDeview and uninstalled the 'MTK USB Port (COM3)' and 'MediaTek DA USB VCOM Port (COM4)' selecting from the list of USBDeview. Please let me know what to do next.
Uninstall those with device type 'Unknown' as they might cause driver clashes. Would also be nice to try this on a Windows 7 OS because we've had a number of cases where xp gave issues and W7/8 worked flawlessly.
Either ways, lets proceed. Now, restart the PC and manually install vcom drivers using this guide @ http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html .
Note: You might want to google for an aletrnative source of Vcom drivers for XP as a plan B just in case the xp driver in our zip file is not compatible with your service pack
This post was last modified: 17-09-2014, 12:03 PM by hovatek.

Note!
Androhelp
Androhelp
Androhelp
17-09-2014, 12:54 PM
(17-09-2014, 12:02 PM)hovatek
(17-09-2014, 11:31 AM)Androhelp I downloaded USBDeview and uninstalled the 'MTK USB Port (COM3)' and 'MediaTek DA USB VCOM Port (COM4)' selecting from the list of USBDeview. Please let me know what to do next.
Uninstall those with device type 'Unknown' as they might cause driver clashes. Would also be nice to try this on a Windows 7 OS because we've had a number of cases where xp gave issues and W7/8 worked flawlessly.
Either ways, lets proceed. Now, restart the PC and manually install vcom drivers using this guide @ http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html .
Note: You might want to google for an aletrnative source of Vcom drivers for XP as a plan B just in case the xp driver in our zip file is not compatible with your service pack

I deleted all the 'unknown' USB drivers and restarted the PC. After that, tried the steps as told in the link given.. but all the time the driver shows with exclamation mark (error 'The device can not Start'). Also tried to use the VCOM driver files from alternative sources (from 4-5 different sources) but no hope. Snapshot attached. After that checked in USB Deview, nothing shown regarding the COM6 (VCOM) installed.

When was installing the drivers, also kept the phone connected to PC USB, but nothing different.
Attached Files
.png
VCOM Driver Issue.PNG
Size: 20.72 KB / Downloads: 5
.png
USBDeview_New.PNG
Size: 30.38 KB / Downloads: 5
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-09-2014, 06:29 PM
(17-09-2014, 12:54 PM)Androhelp I deleted all the 'unknown' USB drivers and restarted the PC. After that, tried the steps as told in the link given.. but all the time the driver shows with exclamation mark (error 'The device can not Start'). Also tried to use the VCOM driver files from alternative sources (from 4-5 different sources) but no hope. Snapshot attached. After that checked in USB Deview, nothing shown regarding the COM6 (VCOM) installed.
When was installing the drivers, also kept the phone connected to PC USB, but nothing different.

Ok. How then were you able to get the drivers to work the other time?

Note!
Androhelp
Androhelp
Androhelp
17-09-2014, 08:51 PM
(17-09-2014, 06:29 PM)hovatek
(17-09-2014, 12:54 PM)Androhelp I deleted all the 'unknown' USB drivers and restarted the PC. After that, tried the steps as told in the link given.. but all the time the driver shows with exclamation mark (error 'The device can not Start'). Also tried to use the VCOM driver files from alternative sources (from 4-5 different sources) but no hope. Snapshot attached. After that checked in USB Deview, nothing shown regarding the COM6 (VCOM) installed.

Ok. How then were you able to get the drivers to work the other time?

I am not sure which 'the other time' you talked about. From this thread history, it is evident that, whenever I manually loaded the VCOM preloader driver, I got the yellow exclamation mark and that didn't work for me as well. At primary stage, the phone was not recognized at all, but when I moved from Win7 to XP, the device got recognized (phone without battery) and the 'MTK USB Port' shown. Yesterday, when I tried the Power+Vol down button at connect device, the MTK USB port transformed to DA Port (automatically installed).

Anyway, today I also tried the driver issue simulation in Win7 (64 bit) as well, but the phone (without battery) is though identified as 'MTK USB PORT', but the installation of vcom preloader driver through 'Add Legacy Hardware' still having the same problem (yellow exclamation.. Device can not start..etc). So, I tried to do an 'Update Driver' in the MTK USB Port driver (the device) itself and assigned the preloader vcom driver and it went fine and no exclamation sign coming. But the SP Flash tool still show error.

Please advice how to go further. Logs attached herewith.
Attached Files
.png
SP_Flash_ERROR.png
Size: 88.97 KB / Downloads: 7
.zip
SP_FT_Dump_09-17-2014-22-33-59.zip
Size: 21.33 KB / Downloads: 4
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-09-2014, 10:19 PM

(17-09-2014, 08:51 PM)Androhelp I am not sure which 'the other time' you talked about. From this thread history, it is evident that, whenever I manually loaded the VCOM preloader driver, I got the yellow exclamation mark and that didn't work for me as well. At primary stage, the phone was not recognized at all, but when I moved from Win7 to XP, the device got recognized (phone without battery) and the 'MTK USB Port' shown. Yesterday, when I tried the Power+Vol down button at connect device, the MTK USB port transformed to DA Port (automatically installed).

Anyway, today I also tried the driver issue simulation in Win7 (64 bit) as well, but the phone (without battery) is though identified as 'MTK USB PORT', but the installation of vcom preloader driver through 'Add Legacy Hardware' still having the same problem (yellow exclamation.. Device can not start..etc). So, I tried to do an 'Update Driver' in the MTK USB Port driver (the device) itself and assigned the preloader vcom driver and it went fine and no exclamation sign coming. But the SP Flash tool still show error.

Please advice how to go further. Logs attached herewith.

going through The Windows 7 logs.......

Note!
Pages (5): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next