Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Tutorial] Solution to hard bricked infinix Hote note X551 (sp flash tool interruption)

Hi everyone,

I know so many people are frustrated by bricking their infinix hot note x551 because of phone updates or interrupted SP Flash Tool and their devices go off  to an extent it cant boot or charge and it looks totally dead but still detectable by the pc but SP Flash Tool can not detect it . I have been a victim of this recently.

Actually dont panick  the phone is not dead and can be revived . Hovatek have a procedure to recover from the problem of Interrupted  Sp Flash Tool bricking . What i realized is that their procedure theoretically speaking works but for some it actually takes as long as 1 week to work , other hours. What actually happens is that the phone is usually in a deep slleep, and the battery power supply system is usually disrupted, in a way that the phone can not charge , boot or load boot loader or even respond to SP Flash Tool, but its detectable by the pc. This is an issue with phones with non removable battery.

What the procedure form Hovatek actually does its like waiting for the phone to discharge then start charging again in order to recover from the interrupted supply of power to the device.

So the ultimate shortcut was to actually disconect the battery from the device. Note that if you do this you loose your warranty, but who gives a F to warranty. So i manually opened the device  and disconnected the battery from the system and bam! that was the magic.

So you reconect it back and plug  it to the pc then use SP Flash tool to download CW recovery to the device (it worked ) . Now you press volume + and power and thats it you can now follow the procedure to install a custom or stock ROM

Magic right.

P.L.U.R

Hope it works for  you. Best of you luck Cool

(07-26-2015, 08:46 PM)robstark254 Wrote: Hi everyone,

I know so many people are frustrated by bricking their infinix hot note x551 because of phone updates or interrupted SP Flash Tool and their devices go off  to an extent it cant boot or charge and it looks totally dead but still detectable by the pc but SP Flash Tool can not detect it . I have been a victim of this recently.

Actually dont panick  the phone is not dead and can be revived . Hovatek have a procedure to recover from the problem of Interrupted  Sp Flash Tool bricking . What i realized is that their procedure theoretically speaking works but for some it actually takes as long as 1 week to work , other hours. What actually happens is that the phone is usually in a deep slleep, and the battery power supply system is usually disrupted, in a way that the phone can not charge , boot or load boot loader or even respond to SP Flash Tool, but its detectable by the pc. This is an issue with phones with non removable battery.

What the procedure form Hovatek actually does its like waiting for the phone to discharge then start charging again in order to recover from the interrupted supply of power to the device.

So the ultimate shortcut was to actually disconect the battery from the device. Note that if you do this you loose your warranty, but who gives a F to warranty. So i manually opened the device  and disconnected the battery from the system and bam! that was the magic.

So you reconect it back and plug  it to the pc then use SP Flash tool to download CW recovery to the device (it worked ) . Now you press volume + and power and thats it you can now follow the procedure to install a custom or stock ROM

Magic right.

P.L.U.R

Hope it works for  you. Best of you luck Cool

i totally agree with you. loosening the screws was the tricky part. at the end it was all worth it. kudos to u.
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2015, 10:21 AM by Keslar. )
Interesting observation but I find some obvious faults in your write up.
You said "What the procedure form Hovatek actually does its like waiting for the phone to discharge then start charging again in order to recover from the interrupted supply of power to the device."
Correction
1. I've used Hovatek's procedure several times because I've experienced more than 15 cases of interrupting SP flash tool while flashing and from my experience, removing the battery doesn't work in all cases and not for all devices.

2. Hovatek's guide said and I quote
"Tips to speed things up

* Remove the battery > Connect the phone to a charger without battery inside > Slot in the battery while the phone is still connected to the charger 
* You could keep pressing the Volume up + Power button while charging
* You could remove and boost the battery using a desktop / external charger then resume internal charging.
* Uninstall then re-install MTK preloader vcom drivers using this guide @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-440.html"

You will clearly observe that removing the battery (which was what you did) was number 1 on the tips to speed things up list.

3. Even after removing the battery and the phone gets detected, the phone's battery % still starts from something very low which still confirms what the guide said

To cap it up, when you make Hovatek's tutorial sound like a guess work (which it clearly isnt), its actually not nice. Please, read a tutorial to the end and fully understand what the OP is trying to say before you go launching counter claims.

Sent from my itel it1452 using Hovatek mobile