Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Xtouch x2 hard brick
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Xtouch x2 hard brick

Xtouch x2 hard brick

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
danielkola
danielkola
danielkola
Experienced Member
27-07-2015, 05:04 PM

Hi,

I flashed the xtouch x2 stock ROM from xtouch website not unknowing to me that the one I use is a new version (having 8gb ROM and 1 GB of RAM) against the one on the website (4gb ROM and 512 Mb RAM).... as a result my phone is bricked saying "DRAM FAILED EMMC ERROR",totally dead and wouldn't turn on or even charge.. I didn't back in up the stock ROM and I can't find my phone's stock ROM anywhere via Google either... But my question is this ; there's this custom ROM (miui v5 4.2.2 ) that is compatible with the device .... Will it be possible to just flash the phone with this ROM using sp flash tool???... Will this solve the hard brick issue ???

Sent from my Infinix X507 using Hovatek mobile
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-07-2015, 06:41 PM
(27-07-2015, 05:04 PM)danielkola Hi,

I flashed the xtouch x2 stock ROM from xtouch website not unknowing to me that the one I use is a new version (having 8gb ROM and 1 GB of RAM) against the one on the website (4gb ROM and 512 Mb RAM).... as a result my phone is bricked saying "DRAM FAILED EMMC ERROR",totally dead and wouldn't turn on or even charge.. I didn't back in up the stock ROM and I can't find my phone's stock ROM anywhere via Google either... But my question is this ; there's this custom ROM (miui v5 4.2.2 ) that is compatible with the device .... Will it be possible to just flash the phone with this ROM using  sp flash tool???... Will this solve the hard brick issue ???

that would depend on what format the custom ROM is (although most come in flashable zips).
if your phone is totally dead then a custom ROM (flashable zip) wont be of much use to you. even if it could enter recovery mode, it would still have to be a custom recovery and not stock for you to flash the custom ROM.
you need the firmware for your exact model and specs

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
danielkola
danielkola
danielkola
Experienced Member
27-07-2015, 09:05 PM
Please what can you do to help?

danielkola
danielkola
danielkola
Experienced Member
27-07-2015, 09:07 PM
(27-07-2015, 06:41 PM)hovatek
(27-07-2015, 05:04 PM)danielkola Hi,

I flashed the xtouch x2 stock ROM from xtouch website not unknowing to me that the one I use is a new version (having 8gb ROM and 1 GB of RAM) against the one on the website (4gb ROM and 512 Mb RAM).... as a result my phone is bricked saying "DRAM FAILED EMMC ERROR",totally dead and wouldn't turn on or even charge.. I didn't back in up the stock ROM and I can't find my phone's stock ROM anywhere via Google either... But my question is this ; there's this custom ROM (miui v5 4.2.2 ) that is compatible with the device .... Will it be possible to just flash the phone with this ROM using  sp flash tool???... Will this solve the hard brick issue ???

that would depend on what format the custom ROM is (although most come in flashable zips).
if your phone is totally dead then a custom ROM (flashable zip) wont be of much use to you. even if it could enter recovery mode, it would still have to be a custom recovery and not stock for you to flash the custom ROM.
you need the firmware for your exact model and specs

Please what can you do to help?

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-07-2015, 12:03 PM

(27-07-2015, 09:07 PM)danielkola Please what can you do to help?

just ran a quick search but couldnt find the firmware matching your specs. you should visit the manufacturer's website, contact them or keep searching

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
danielkola
danielkola
danielkola
Experienced Member
30-07-2015, 05:24 PM
(28-07-2015, 12:03 PM)hovatek
(27-07-2015, 09:07 PM)danielkola Please what can you do to help?

just ran a quick search but couldnt find the firmware matching your specs. you should visit the manufacturer's website, contact them or keep searching

Any chance the phone will at least boot into recovery if I flash with the Custom Miui ROM V5 ?

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
30-07-2015, 09:18 PM
(30-07-2015, 05:24 PM)danielkola Any chance the phone will at least boot into recovery if I flash with the Custom Miui ROM V5 ?

you need a custom recovery to even flash the ROM

Note!
danielkola
danielkola
danielkola
Experienced Member
22-02-2016, 07:23 AM
(30-07-2015, 09:18 PM)hovatek
(30-07-2015, 05:24 PM)danielkola Any chance the phone will at least boot into recovery if I flash with the Custom Miui ROM V5 ?

you need a custom recovery to even flash the ROM

Hi,

I discussed this problem with you sometime ago... Now I flashed some files and I can boot into CWM recovery.... Though, the phone isn't booting normally but I can access recovery. Can I flash the Custom MIUI ROM now ?

matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
22-02-2016, 01:12 PM
(22-02-2016, 07:23 AM)danielkola Hi,

I discussed this problem with you sometime ago... Now I flashed some files and I can boot into CWM recovery.... Though, the phone isn't booting normally but I can access recovery.  Can I flash the Custom MIUI ROM now ?

If its not a custom recovery you cant flash it
danielkola
danielkola
danielkola
Experienced Member
22-02-2016, 01:55 PM

(22-02-2016, 01:12 PM)matybazz
(22-02-2016, 07:23 AM)danielkola Hi,

I discussed this problem with you sometime ago... Now I flashed some files and I can boot into CWM recovery.... Though, the phone isn't booting normally but I can access recovery.  Can I flash the Custom MIUI ROM now ?

If its not a custom recovery you cant flash it

I think its custom recovery because this wasn't the recovery that came with the phone when I was on stock ROM. He sent me his own recovery files cos he's currently running Custom ROM .

Pages (2): 1 2 Next