Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Project Jericho (Custom Kernels for MTK Android phones)

i think an updated cwm or twrp recovery will be useful too.

Thanks @emmaus. Your contribution is well appreciated.
-----
I'm working on the MT6572 Acer kernel for the Tecno P5. Will soon create a GitHub Account for the Kernel Development.
any news on the project
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2014, 12:46 PM by hovatek. )
still digging and filtering sources. any news from your end?
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
The same here. Cuz the Acer kernel doesn't go well for my development m3. Still trying...
I'll search for cyan-kernels thats compatible with the MT6572 chipset. I'll post any useful info I can lay my mouse on here.
i have been doing some research on how to get the necessary sources and data to port and compile a custom kernel from a similar device's source, and i came across initramfs. i read that it is the first thing that is booted up in the kernel and contains the device's drivers. and t can e extracted from the zimage in the kernel file. can this boost up progress in making the custom kernel.
(10-26-2014, 12:00 PM)emmaus Wrote: i have been doing some research on how to get the necessary sources and data to port and compile a custom kernel from a similar device's source, and i came across initramfs. i read that it is the first thing that is booted up in the kernel and contains the device's drivers. and t can e extracted from the zimage in the kernel file. can this boost up progress in making the custom kernel.

this information should come in handy at some point, thanks. Getting compatible sources is the major challenge at the moment

Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
Yeah. This the problem: a source code that will be compatible with our phones. Its only the Phantom Z that I know i can work with.
which source did you use for the phantom. i already have a phone source which may be compatible wth the tecno q1. the only dfference is the screen type and keypad. that device is the mcromax a110, which source i posted in a previous post o this thread.