Hi, Guest! Login / Register
Giveaway: Free Hovatek T-shirts, Hoodies & Cufflinks.. I WANT ONE! (Nov 25, 2017)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Bringing bricked TECNO P5 back to life

(08-03-2015, 02:06 PM)stevike Wrote: Is in the label at the back
in that case, you'll need to get access to a working P5 or another p5 firmware

Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
(08-03-2015, 11:38 AM)hovatek Wrote:
(08-02-2015, 11:15 PM)stevike Wrote: It was able to light ON the MENU but no light on the screen until i pointed light on the screen and discover that is ON but No light to enable you see what is on the screen

how sure are you that this phone is a P5?

It was written at the back where dey used to insert battery
(08-03-2015, 03:06 PM)hovatek Wrote:
(08-03-2015, 02:06 PM)stevike Wrote: Is in the label at the back
in that case, you'll need to get access to a working P5 or another p5 firmware

Ok, thanks for your attention so far. I will get back to you if i succeed
It has started working after i change the screen with the touch but the problem there now, is that there no IMEI number again in the phone. I tried entering the IMEI through mobile uncle it did not go.
hovatek, i hail you. You too much jor
I perform factory reset and installed the mobile uncle again and enter the IMEI it was accepted but the phone is some how warm
(08-04-2015, 11:55 PM)stevike Wrote: It has started working after i change the screen with the touch but the problem there now, is that there no IMEI number again in the phone. I tried entering the IMEI through mobile uncle it did not go.

check settings > about > baseband .if its not unknown then follow the guide @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-116.html
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
the Tecno P5 is working fine now with your help, but i change the screen with the sensor to match your firmware. Thank you so much