Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Please help] ROM Porting

Hi friends,
Please, can porting the wrong way (using a wrong method) totally brick a phone? Or is there no harm in it? Huh Big Grin

(08-01-2015, 07:50 AM)ExcellentAndroid Wrote: Hi friends,
Please, can porting the wrong way (using a wrong method) totally brick a phone? Or is there no harm in it?  Huh  Big Grin

the answer to that is pretty obvious. of course it'll most likely brick your phone or give you annoying bugs at best
(08-01-2015, 11:52 AM)hovatek Wrote:
(08-01-2015, 07:50 AM)ExcellentAndroid Wrote: Hi friends,
Please, can porting the wrong way (using a wrong method) totally brick a phone? Or is there no harm in it?  Huh  Big Grin

the answer to that is pretty obvious. of course it'll most likely brick your phone or give you annoying bugs at best

Wow! But I hope it cannot completely destroy the device??? I really want to start porting but don't want to loose my device.
(08-01-2015, 11:58 AM)ExcellentAndroid Wrote: Wow! But I hope it cannot completely destroy the device??? I really want to start porting but don't want to loose my device.

that I cant promise although most bricks should be easily fixed by flashing the stock ROM
(08-01-2015, 06:17 PM)hovatek Wrote:
(08-01-2015, 11:58 AM)ExcellentAndroid Wrote: Wow! But I hope it cannot completely destroy the device??? I really want to start porting but don't want to loose my device.

that I cant promise although most bricks should be easily fixed by flashing the stock ROM

Okay. Thanks for your helpful replies. I well soon start porting ROMs. #Nevergiveup.
(08-03-2015, 01:27 PM)ExcellentAndroid Wrote: Okay. Thanks for your helpful replies. I well soon start porting ROMs. #Nevergiveup.

thats the spirit!