Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Tutorial] Could some one please direct me on how to unpack an MTK system image
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] Could some one please direct me on how to unpack an MTK system image

[Tutorial] Could some one please direct me on how to unpack an MTK system image

Major_Ivansu
Major_Ivansu
Major_Ivansu
Enthusiastic Member
01-08-2015, 11:26 AM

i have been trying to unpack, edit and repack the system image for Techno G9 in the hope of joining the "dev circle" but my efforts have been unsucessful. Am using ubuntu 15 in a vmware virtual box and everything runs pretty well untill i try to un-parse the image to ext4 using the command (.simg2img ˜/system.img sys.raw) then mounting with (mount -t ext4 -0 loop ˜ sys.raw).

This gets me the error "segmentation fault (core dumped)"!

Someone kindly direct me nicely
Keslar
Keslar
Keslar
01-08-2015, 06:00 PM
(01-08-2015, 11:26 AM)Major_Ivansu i have been trying to unpack, edit and repack the system image for Techno G9 in the hope of joining the "dev circle" but my efforts have been unsucessful. Am using ubuntu 15 in a vmware virtual box and everything runs pretty well untill i try to un-parse the image to ext4 using the command (.simg2img ˜/system.img sys.raw) then mounting with (mount -t ext4 -0 loop ˜ sys.raw).

unpacking system.img shouldnt give you a headache. just follow the method at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-650.html

Sent from my itel it1452 using Hovatek mobile
Major_Ivansu
Major_Ivansu
Major_Ivansu
Enthusiastic Member
14-08-2015, 09:20 AM
(01-08-2015, 06:00 PM)satin
(01-08-2015, 11:26 AM)Major_Ivansu i have been trying to unpack, edit and repack the system image for Techno G9 in the hope of joining the "dev circle" but my efforts have been unsucessful. Am using ubuntu 15 in a vmware virtual box and everything runs pretty well untill i try to un-parse the image to ext4 using the command (.simg2img ˜/system.img sys.raw) then mounting with (mount -t ext4 -0 loop ˜ sys.raw).

unpacking system.img shouldnt give you a headache. just follow the method at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-650.html

Sent from my itel it1452 using Hovatek mobile

Hi Satin,
Thank you this worked perfectly. I was able to edit the system folders, rebuild and flash it to the file through recovery.

I have a question though. How can i make the system into kitkat (sorry am pretty new to programming but would like to create a custom rom)
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-08-2015, 06:27 PM
(14-08-2015, 09:20 AM)Major_Ivansu Hi Satin,
Thank you this worked perfectly. I was able to edit the system folders, rebuild and flash it to the file through recovery.

I have a question though. How can i make the system into kitkat (sorry am pretty new to programming but would like to create a custom rom)

its beyond just /system edits unless you want to end up with a themed ROM.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Major_Ivansu
Major_Ivansu
Major_Ivansu
Enthusiastic Member
20-08-2015, 07:39 AM

(14-08-2015, 06:27 PM)hovatek
(14-08-2015, 09:20 AM)Major_Ivansu Hi Satin,

its beyond just /system edits unless you want to end up with a themed ROM.

A themed ROM is exactly what am looking forward to. So far there is not a Kitkat ROM for Techno G9 and i wouldn't mind learning how to make one
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-08-2015, 03:53 PM
(20-08-2015, 07:39 AM)Major_Ivansu A themed ROM is exactly what am looking forward to. So far there is not a Kitkat ROM for Techno G9 and i wouldn't mind learning how to make one

the easiest method is to use Xposed frameworks and a third party launcher

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.