Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to extract a Unisoc | Spreadtrum PAC firmware
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to extract a Unisoc | Spreadtrum PAC firmware

[Tutorial] How to extract a Unisoc | Spreadtrum PAC firmware

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
04-08-2015, 02:32 PM

This is a step-by-step guide on how to extract/unpack a Spreadtrum (SPD) .pac file/firmware. Sometimes, you need just certain files/partitions, not the entire firmware. Spreadtrum firmware mostly comes in .pac  format so this guide will explain how to unpack the .pac file to get the individual files

Requirements

How to unpack a .pac file

Follow the steps below to unpack a Spreadtrum pac file

See the video below or @ https://youtu.be/rsjRMeB1niM

1. Launch Research Download tool

[Image: how-to-unpack-a-pac-file-1.webp]

2. Click on the Load Packet icon

[Image: how-to-unpack-a-pac-file-2.webp]

3. In the window that pops up, select the pac file you wish to unpack then click Open

[Image: how-to-unpack-a-pac-file-3.webp]

4. Once the pac file has been loaded, click the Settings icon

[Image: how-to-unpack-a-pac-file-4.webp]

5. Highlight any item on the list

[Image: how-to-unpack-a-pac-file-5.webp]

6. Double-click the highlighted item then right-click and copy the path

[Image: how-to-unpack-a-pac-file-6.webp]

7. Paste the copied path to a note pad

[Image: how-to-unpack-a-pac-file-7.webp]

8. Open any folder then unhide all hidden items (the exact steps might vary with OS)

[Image: how-to-unpack-a-pac-file-8.webp]

9. Navigate to the path above and you'll find all the files there 

[Image: how-to-unpack-a-pac-file-9.webp]

10. If you're using Upgrade Download tool then check the ImageFiles folder in the Upgrade Download tool folder

Important Notice
  • If you try to extract a PAC file and you get flag files such as system.img.flag or vendor.img.flag after a successful extraction, then simply retry extracting using an older version (Versions from R21 and older) of any research, upgrade or factory download tool
  • Its important you only flash files for your phone model and Build Number. Doing otherwise could brick the device
  • Do not mistake .pac for .bin format firmware. How you unpack a .bin firmware depends on the tool used to create it in the first place
  • This guide not only comes in handy for extracting but also for replacing certain files before flashing the full rom
  • Its important you have enough storage space on your device because the unpacked rom is much larger in size than the .pac format (which is a compressed form)
  • Some pac firmware are zipped so ensure to unzip first to reveal the raw .pac file
  • This method won't work for .pac.sc files created by Infinity box because the file is not a pac file until converted to one alongside the remaining files in the CM2 backup
  • You can rebuild the pac file using research download tool if you wish to create a pac from your modification

Video Transcript
Quote:In the video tutorial, i'm going to be showing how to extract a PAC firmware
For this we can use research download tool, upgrade download tool or factory download tool
any of them you like
So i'm going to use research download tool
We'll launch tool
Okay, so we need to load the PAC file
i'll locate the PAC firmware
Now we need to wait for it to load completely
Once extraction is complete, the loading bar would disappear and you will find the firmware's name
Now what we need to do is to go back to the folder
Image files >> under the research download tool folder
You'll find a folder randomly named
Open it
This is your extracted firmware
So you can copy this out or do whatever you want with it
So this is how you extract a PAC firmware or a PAC file
This post was last modified: 25-11-2023, 11:26 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Tomsplendy
Tomsplendy
Tomsplendy
04-08-2016, 12:19 PM
Thanks alot hovatek i have downloaded the file already and it's safe but i do not know when to try it cos i don't have a PC. I don't know if you can help me extract the recovery image and post for me so i can just download it straight away since i don't have a system to do the procedures. Thanks a lot for the process, pretty straight forward.

Sent from my itel it1506 using Tapatalk
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
04-08-2016, 07:48 PM
(04-08-2016, 12:19 PM)Tomsplendy Thanks alot hovatek i have downloaded the file already and it's safe but i do not know when to try it cos i don't have a PC. I don't know if you can help me extract the recovery image and post for me so i can just download it straight away since i don't have a system to do the procedures. Thanks a lot for the process, pretty straight forward.

Unfortunately, we dont upload individual files anymore.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Tomsplendy
Tomsplendy
Tomsplendy
04-08-2016, 07:52 PM
Oh okay, thanks a lot hovatek. Very helpful.

aladin02002
aladin02002
aladin02002
27-05-2017, 10:50 PM

[quote pid='84349' dateline='1470336505']
Thanks alot hovatek 
[/quote]
HemanthJabalpuri
HemanthJabalpuri
HemanthJabalpuri
Techie Member
10-02-2019, 06:47 AM
Hello sir @hovatek
Can you please improve the code and make a fully featured binary file that can be run even in android device from https://github.com/divinebird/pacextractor
The file from above link need more improvements...

I made a tool to unpack .pac in any os with java https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/sprea...t-81593301
This post was last modified: 16-12-2020, 04:48 AM by HemanthJabalpuri.
Aliyu Muhammad Ogabo Keke
Enthusiastic Member
19-02-2020, 12:17 PM
i need itel s15 firmware
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
19-02-2020, 06:39 PM
(19-02-2020, 12:17 PM)Aliyu Muhammad Ogabo Keke i need itel s15 firmware

check the list @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-30884.html
yossi66a
yossi66a
yossi66a
07-02-2021, 12:16 AM
Thanks very much for your information about the research tool,
Is there any way i can then extract these bin files (image/kernel file) after the research tool has taken it out of the pac file?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
08-02-2021, 09:25 AM

(07-02-2021, 12:16 AM)yossi66a Thanks very much for your information about the research tool,
Is there any way i can then extract these bin files (image/kernel file) after the research tool has taken it out of the pac file?

kernel i.e boot, you can extract using android image kitchen tool
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next