Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Custom recovery for tecno 8H
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Custom recovery for tecno 8H

[Please help] Custom recovery for tecno 8H

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
shonola
shonola
shonola
Techie Member
05-08-2015, 01:36 PM

Hi,  good afternoon,  I am a good fan and registered member of Hovatek. Pls I just bought a new tecno 8H droipad 8 and av been having dis problem of installing custom recovery like cwm and twrp on it and also mtk droid tools seems not to be recognising the phone pls any idea on how to port custom recovery and how to make mtkdroid tools recognize the tab. Thank u
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
05-08-2015, 03:04 PM
(05-08-2015, 01:36 PM)shonola Hi,  good afternoon,  I am a good fan and registered member of Hovatek. Pls I just bought a new tecno 8H droipad 8 and av been having dis problem of installing custom recovery like cwm and twrp on it and also mtk droid tools seems not to be recognising the phone pls any idea on how to port custom recovery and how to make mtkdroid tools recognize the tab. Thank u

1. root the phone
2. backup the phone using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-468.html 
3. flash a custom recovery using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-455.html
This post was last modified: 14-01-2017, 10:43 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
shonola
shonola
shonola
Techie Member
05-08-2015, 06:37 PM
The tab is already rooted, and mtkdroid tools is not recognising my tab. Even when usb debugging is on. I tried to Uninstall pdanet + extract another mtkdroid tools but still not recognising my tab. MTK_DROID_TOOLS NOTIN RECOGNIZE MY DROIPAD 8H
miztatoby
miztatoby
miztatoby
05-08-2015, 07:04 PM
Pls bro..can u help me with tecno droid 8 rom..mine is on a loop
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-08-2015, 11:56 AM

(05-08-2015, 06:37 PM)shonola The tab is already rooted, and mtkdroid tools is not recognising my tab. Even when usb debugging is on. I tried to Uninstall pdanet + extract another mtkdroid tools but still not recognising my tab. MTK_DROID_TOOLS NOTIN RECOGNIZE MY DROIPAD 8H

whats the color of the box at the bottom when you connect the phone to PC and launch MTK droid tools?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
shonola
shonola
shonola
Techie Member
07-08-2015, 07:46 AM
White
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-08-2015, 12:22 PM
(07-08-2015, 07:46 AM)shonola White

means your phone isnt even being detected. 
ensure to see the video @  https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-468.html for the correct steps to take

Note!
shonola
shonola
shonola
Techie Member
19-08-2015, 07:15 PM
After watching the video, And I followed the instructions step by step but d problem still persist. Whenever I launch mtkdroid tools den plug my tab to the pc, pdanet wil show HTC sync error. Please am I still missing anything?. And after all av been using mtkdroid tools for many tecno phone for years now, Bt I don't know y dis one is exception.

Sent from my TECNO 8H using Hovatek mobile
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-08-2015, 01:18 PM
(19-08-2015, 07:15 PM)shonola After watching the video, And I followed the instructions step by step but d problem still persist. Whenever I launch mtkdroid tools den plug my tab to the pc, pdanet wil show HTC sync error. Please am I still missing anything?. And after all av been using mtkdroid tools for many tecno phone for years now, Bt I don't know y dis one is exception.

ensure USB debugging is enabled then uninstall pdanet both on phone and PC
ensure to select Other when installing pdanet
and try another USB cord and port

Note!
shonola
shonola
shonola
Techie Member
21-08-2015, 10:54 AM

Ok, thanks for ur response.

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next