Hi, Guest! Login / Register
Giveaway: Free Hovatek T-shirts, Hoodies & Cufflinks.. I WANT ONE! (Nov 25, 2017)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Please help] Help me to Make Backup MT8312

(This post was last modified: 08-08-2015, 12:41 AM by madcom5. )

Hello Hovatek,

My Customer has brought a Tablet for repair, it just stucks at Powered by Android Logo, It is Vodafone Smart Tab 3g.

I searched on the internet for it's firmware but i did not get. Fortunately that customer has two of them so i had to make a backup from the second one so as to unbrick the first one.

But on the steps to make the Backup, i saw a line with an error so i beg you to hel me figure out what causes that error and it's effects coz the MTKDroidTools ignores that error and allow to continue.

Another thing that i need you to help me is that the backup came with no scatter file, so i can not flash without it. So is there any other way to make it? Because after creating a backup then i went ahead on preparing files for flash tool in which the MTKDroidTools failed to prepare files since it did not detect a scatter file.

I have attached screen shots of what i did.

Thanks.

Attached Files
.png   tab 3g.PNG (Size: 104.29 KB / Downloads: 9)
.png   tab 3g 22.PNG (Size: 115.2 KB / Downloads: 10)
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2015, 11:18 AM by hovatek. )
(08-08-2015, 12:37 AM)madcom5 Wrote: Hello Hovatek,

My Customer has brought a Tablet for repair, it just stucks at Powered by Android Logo, It is Vodafone Smart Tab 3g.

I searched on the internet for it's firmware but i did not get. Fortunately that customer has two of them so i had to make a backup from the second one so as to unbrick the first one.

But on the steps to make the Backup, i saw a line with an error so i beg you to hel me figure out what causes that error and it's effects coz the MTKDroidTools ignores that error and allow to continue.

Another thing that i need you to help me is that the backup came with no scatter file, so i can not flash without it. So is there any other way to make it? Because after creating a backup then i went ahead on preparing files for flash tool in which the MTKDroidTools failed to prepare files since it did not detect a scatter file.

I have attached screen shots of what i did.

Thanks.

the error is self explanatory, no space left on the device. this error will result in an incomplete backup.
to fix it, ensure there at least 4GB free on the phone's Sd card and install busy box (take note that it requires two installation steps)
restart the phone and relaunch MTK droid tools.
that should fix the error
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)