Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Micromax A27 buzzes endlessly.
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Micromax A27 buzzes endlessly.

[Please help] Micromax A27 buzzes endlessly.

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
techie_28
techie_28
techie_28
20-08-2015, 01:04 PM

Hello,

This is in response to your reply on the XDA forum

I am having the similar phone behavior as mentioned in the post after I had flashed the "system" partition of the phone using "recovery.img" by mistake. Tongue

I had wiped and re flashed the partitions with the system.img and recovery.img's I got from the internet but the problem persists and the fastboot mode is the only running thing in it.

The stock ROM mentioned in the link is a .pac file and it appears that phone is required to be in a running condition to use that SP flashing tool since I tried that and the phone was not responsive to it.I was also wondering if I can extract the files from the .pac and then use fastboot or just do a fastboot update to install a new ROM in it?

Please suggest.

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
This post was last modified: 20-08-2015, 01:05 PM by techie_28.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-08-2015, 04:52 PM
(20-08-2015, 01:04 PM)techie_28 Hello,

This is in response to your reply on the XDA forum

I am having the similar phone behavior as mentioned in the post after I had flashed the "system" partition of the phone using "recovery.img" by mistake. Tongue

I had wiped and re flashed the partitions with the system.img and recovery.img's I got from the internet but the problem persists and the fastboot mode is the only running thing in it.

The stock ROM mentioned in the link is a .pac file and it appears that phone is required to be in a running condition to use that SP flashing tool since I tried that and the phone was not responsive to it.I was also wondering if I can extract the files from the .pac and then use fastboot or just do a fastboot update to install a new ROM in it?

Please suggest.

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

if its a pac file then you can flash it to the phone using Upgrade Download Tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-1231.html
if you wish to unpack the pac file then flash the files using fastboot the follow the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-6236.html to unpack / extract its content

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
techie_28
techie_28
techie_28
28-08-2015, 02:44 AM
I was able to find the extracted files from the path I see in ResearchDownload.exe after I had loaded the .pac file into it.
I copied the file into a another folder and tried flashing userdata,boot,system and recovery partitions and all went OKAY but not the system which said "remote data too large".I did not understood where to flash FDL1,FDL2 and the remaining files.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-08-2015, 01:04 PM
(28-08-2015, 02:44 AM)techie_28 I was able to find the extracted files from the path I see in ResearchDownload.exe after I had loaded the .pac file into it.
I copied the file into a another folder and tried flashing userdata,boot,system and recovery partitions and all went OKAY but not the system which said "remote data too large".I did not understood where to flash FDL1,FDL2 and the remaining files.

flash the pac file using Upgrade Download tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-1231.html (not Research Download tool)
This post was last modified: 28-08-2015, 01:06 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
techie_28
techie_28
techie_28
11-09-2015, 05:13 AM

Re-posting

Sorry for the late reply.

I tried the UpgradeDownload tool but it is the same,I loaded the pac file(ze25paa_060.pac) and clicked download but nothing showed up in the status column of the tool.I plugged phone into the USB port but it keeps on vibrating without showing anything on the screen.

could this be the problem(from my earlier post)

Quote: After installation of the drivers I can find the directory but there is no adb_usb.ini in there,I followed the direction mentioned in Setup ADB and the step was finished successfully(I can still see the "windows driver package - google inc. (winusb) androidusbdeviceclass" from prior installtion in the installed programs list and also can connect to the phone in Fastboot mode). In point 7,I chose SciU2S.inf and then hit install which shows SCI Android USB TO Serial(com 3) with exclamation on it and google-usb_driver installation just gave me "Data of this type not supported".. -

Thanks for helping.. [Image: smile.gif]
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-09-2015, 12:30 PM
(11-09-2015, 05:13 AM)techie_28 Re-posting

Sorry for the late reply.

I tried the UpgradeDownload tool but it is the same,I loaded the pac file(ze25paa_060.pac) and clicked download but nothing showed up in the status column of the tool.I plugged phone into the USB port but it keeps on vibrating without showing anything on the screen.

could this be the problem(from my earlier post)

ensure you installed the Spreadtrum drivers as the guide instructed then hold the volume decrease button when connecting to the PC for flashing

Note!
techie_28
techie_28
techie_28
12-09-2015, 07:12 PM
Yes I tried that but the installer inside SciU2S says "Unable to find any drivers designed for the machine"
google-usb_driver installation gave me "Data of this type not supported"

https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-1231.html this instructs to plug in the phone in the 10th point that is after starting the download(point 8),
I tried running it both ways(after plugging the phone/before plugging the phone) but the progress panel doesnt show me anything at all.

Thanks..
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-09-2015, 07:29 PM
(12-09-2015, 07:12 PM)techie_28 Yes I tried that but the installer inside SciU2S says "Unable to find any drivers designed for the machine"
google-usb_driver installation gave me "Data of this type not supported"

https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-1231.html this instructs to plug in the phone in the 10th point that is after starting the download(point 8),
I tried running it both ways(after plugging the phone/before plugging the phone) but the progress panel doesnt show me anything at all.

Thanks..

seems we're looking at a driver issue.
try using another PC (preferably Windows 7). if it persists then search for USB drivers for your phone model
This post was last modified: 13-09-2015, 07:29 PM by hovatek.

Note!
techie_28
techie_28
techie_28
20-09-2015, 12:28 PM
I was using Window 7 inside a VirtualBox here..both the google-usb_driver installation
and SCI Android USB TO Serial are required to be installed to make UpgradeDownload
tool to start flashing??

I am able to interact with the phone on fastboot mode I wonder which driver helps in that and is it not sufficient for the UpgradeDownload tool?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-09-2015, 08:03 PM

(20-09-2015, 12:28 PM)techie_28 I was using Window 7 inside a VirtualBox here..both the google-usb_driver installation
and SCI Android USB TO Serial are required to be installed to make UpgradeDownload
tool to start flashing??

I am able to interact with the phone on fastboot mode I wonder which driver helps in that and is it not sufficient for the UpgradeDownload tool?

adb-fastboot drivers are different from the spreadtrum drivers
you need to manually install the drivers
have you seen the video @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-1231.html ?
This post was last modified: 20-09-2015, 08:05 PM by hovatek.

Note!
Pages (2): 1 2 Next