Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tecno P5 not booting

Good @ Hovatek, 1st let me commend ur courage n support to the technology atmosphere you ve bn an ocean of relief to the vast majority of people with different types of technical issues of their handsets. May almighty Allah always support you in all ramifications.
My problem has to do with my rooted Tecno P5 I just wanted to change a sim card by merely switch off the set, put d sim n replace the battery. To my surprise when press power on it just made a slight vibration without booting, tried to boot into recovery to no avail also tried to flash boot n recovery img files copied from a friend's kit kat themed P5 using sp flash tools v3.1.2,nothing happened it just stal @ red bar giving an error msg. Pls what shld I do to make it boot to recovery since I ve the rom back up (not clockworkmod) on my sdcard. Thanks

(10-11-2014, 10:48 AM)Threzhold Wrote: Good @ Hovatek, 1st let me commend ur courage n support to the technology atmosphere you ve bn an ocean of relief to the vast majority of people with different types of technical issues of their handsets. May almighty Allah always support you in all ramifications.
My problem has to do with my rooted Tecno P5 I just wanted to change a sim card by merely switch off the set, put d sim n replace the battery. To my surprise when press power on it just made a slight vibration without booting, tried to boot into recovery to no avail also tried to flash boot n recovery img files copied from a friend's kit kat themed P5 using sp flash tools v3.1.2,nothing happened it just stal @ red bar giving an error msg. Pls what shld I do to make it boot to recovery since I ve the rom back up (not clockworkmod) on my sdcard. Thanks

Trying to flash files to it shouldnt bee your first line of action. do the following

1. Remove the battery then slot it back and connect the phone to power ; observed if it shows the charging icon
2. Observe if the PC makes sound when you connect the phone.
3. Observe if Device Manager refreshes when you connect the phone to PC
....waiting...

Note: Cases like this usually just require that you connect the phone to power for about 1-2 hours
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
Thanks 4 ur reply, I noticed that it vibrate whenever I pressed down power but doesn't show charging and it does makes sounds when connected to pc with device manager changing when it's plug to the pc. I have already installed mtk vcom preloader driver. Please help me
Let I 4gt when you said cases like this require to plug the phone to power 4 about 1 to 2 hours, is it the pc power or direct power supply?
pls i am also experiencing the same proclem.i also need help.

(10-12-2014, 09:37 AM)david Wrote: pls i am also experiencing the same proclem.i also need help.

please, create a thread for your device issue by clicking http://forum.hovatek.com/newthread.php?fid=4
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2014, 11:51 AM by hovatek. )
(10-12-2014, 09:09 AM)Threzhold Wrote: Let I 4gt when you said cases like this require to plug the phone to power 4 about 1 to 2 hours, is it the pc power or direct power supply?

direct power supply. remove the battery and slot back in without powering it on. then connect to power source for 1 hour

1. Did you flash any ROM or file to the phone before this began?
2. What error code does sp flash tool give you (also tell us the hint written at the bottom)
hovatek pls i need your help seriously.i use a tecno p5.i downloaded xperia custom rom for tecno p5 and flashed it successful.i wanted to revert back to the stock rom but i forgot to backup the stock rom.so i downloaded p5 clockwordmod backup from hovatek site.the problem now is that when i flashed it.the xperia custom rom logo wil come on and then suddenly the screen become white.it will continue repeating this same process again and again.i even tried connecting to a computer but it shows usb not recognised.i dont knw what to do.pls help.what should i do.
(10-12-2014, 11:36 AM)hovatek Wrote:
(10-12-2014, 09:37 AM)david Wrote: pls i am also experiencing the same proclem.i also need help.

please, create a thread for your device issue by clicking  http://forum.hovatek.com/newthread.php?fid=4
No I didn't flash any rom but it was rooted b4 this happened. And nothing happened after I plug it to the direct power. Attached are the snapshot errors during process of flashing a friend's backup rom(using mtk droid).

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_2014101220394.jpg (Size: 17.71 KB / Downloads: 11)
.jpg   IMG_2014101246500.jpg (Size: 21.15 KB / Downloads: 6)
.jpg   IMG_201410122295.jpg (Size: 28.25 KB / Downloads: 10)
.jpg   IMG_2014101230824.jpg (Size: 45.55 KB / Downloads: 17)
(10-12-2014, 12:35 PM)david Wrote: hovatek pls i need your help seriously.i use a tecno p5.i downloaded xperia custom rom for tecno p5 and flashed it successful.i wanted to revert back to the stock rom but i forgot to backup the stock rom.so i downloaded p5 clockwordmod backup from hovatek site.the problem now is that when i flashed it.the xperia custom rom logo wil come on and then suddenly the screen become white.it will continue repeating this same process again and again.i even tried connecting to a computer but it shows usb not recognised.i dont knw what to do.pls help.what should i do.

I said. please, create a thread for your device issue by clicking http://forum.hovatek.com/newthread.php?fid=4