Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android please hovatek how can one know original tecno phone?
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

please hovatek how can one know original tecno phone?

please hovatek how can one know original tecno phone?

kaybiel4u
kaybiel4u
kaybiel4u
Experienced Member
21-08-2015, 03:58 PM

I was embarrassed today by my friends for telling me that I bought fake tecno phone. The phone is working perfectly well it does all what other Android phone does but today my friends and I decided to test the genuineness of our tecno phones using imei numbers and vc I discovered that the system says the vc does not exist and invalid imei. Please I'm confused help me how can I know my phone status whether it is original or fake
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-08-2015, 06:33 PM
(21-08-2015, 03:58 PM)kaybiel4u I was embarrassed today by my friends for telling me that I bought fake tecno phone. The phone is working perfectly well it does all what other Android phone does but today my friends and I decided to test the genuineness of our tecno phones using imei numbers and vc I discovered that the system says the vc does not exist and invalid imei. Please I'm confused help me how can I know my phone status whether it is original or fake

IMEI is not a true test of your MTK phone's authenticity, it can be easily written to the phone.
The fake one looks a lot like the original but it would often run on Spreadtrum instead of MTK CPU.
The fake might not be able to boot into recovery mode the way the original would (vol up + power).
The rooting technique for the fake phone is often different from that which should work on an original
You can also run an Antutu test to get its features and compare that to the original's specs
This post was last modified: 21-08-2015, 06:34 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
kaybiel4u
kaybiel4u
kaybiel4u
Experienced Member
22-08-2015, 04:27 PM
Thanks