Hovatek Forum MOBILE iOS [Please help] iPhone 5 fail to activate
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] iPhone 5 fail to activate

[Please help] iPhone 5 fail to activate

Emmarhx
Emmarhx
Emmarhx
22-08-2015, 08:04 AM

I have an iPhone 5 that fail to activate after restore. What I noticed was that it won't detect network upon sim card install, it will just keep on showing searching and when the sim card is removed it'll still show searching (instead of no sim). I tried accessing it with iTools and saw that the IMEI is gone(I think that's the cause). I tried activating it with both WiFi and iTunes, no luck and I've tried restoring it too, the problem persist.
 Pls help and thanks in anticipation.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-08-2015, 11:05 AM
(22-08-2015, 08:04 AM)Emmarhx I have an iPhone 5 that fail to activate after restore. What I noticed was that it won't detect network upon sim card install, it will just keep on showing searching and when the sim card is removed it'll still show searching (instead of no sim). I tried accessing it with iTools and saw that the IMEI is gone(I think that's the cause). I tried activating it with both WiFi and iTunes, no luck and I've tried restoring it too, the problem persist.

thats serious.
Try installing the IPSW 8.3 and above files to the phone and see if Baseband and IMEI return.
if it fails then you'll need to replace the baseband chip
This post was last modified: 22-08-2015, 11:12 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Emmarhx
Emmarhx
Emmarhx
22-08-2015, 11:20 AM
(22-08-2015, 11:05 AM)hovatek
(22-08-2015, 08:04 AM)Emmarhx I have an iPhone 5 that fail to activate after restore. What I noticed was that it won't detect network upon sim card install, it will just keep on showing searching and when the sim card is removed it'll still show searching (instead of no sim). I tried accessing it with iTools and saw that the IMEI is gone(I think that's the cause). I tried activating it with both WiFi and iTunes, no luck and I've tried restoring it too, the problem persist.

thats serious.
Try installing the IPSW 8.3 and above files to the phone and see if Baseband and IMEI return.
if it fails then you'll need to replace the baseband chip
I've restored iOS 8.4 on it this morning, it's still the same. Guess I need to replace d baseband chip, can you pls upload a picture showing d baseband chip location on d board. Thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-08-2015, 11:46 AM
(22-08-2015, 11:20 AM)Emmarhx I've restored iOS 8.4 on it this morning, it's still the same. Guess I need to replace d baseband chip, can you pls upload a picture showing d baseband chip location on d board. Thanks

[Image: %24_57.JPG]
This post was last modified: 22-08-2015, 11:48 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.