Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Problems encountered during sp tools flashing
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Problems encountered during sp tools flashing

Problems encountered during sp tools flashing

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
giftium
giftium
giftium
Techie Member
13-10-2014, 05:23 PM

Pls i need help.
I installed Hfont on my tecno P5 n it got bricked (i.e booting n stopping at tecno logo). I tried flashing,clearing/wipe data&cache, factory reset; still stucked at boot logo. I gave it 4 repair, d repairer worked it but i still bricked it again with hfont. Gave it to him again to repair but this time the phone went totally dead. Av tried using sp flash tool to format n flash the files(preloader,msr,esr1,uboot,bootimg,logo et al), but it is showing me Error 4032
Message: BROM ERROR : S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAIL (4032) [EMI] Enable DRAM fail. Am using d correct scatter file(P5) downloaded frm dis site, Preloader.bin,uboot.bin,bootimg,esr et al still 4 p5 frm dis site. Evn wen trying to format only, it will in 1 sec reach 100% with red and after 1.51 secs will show Error 4032
Message: BROM ERROR : S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAIL (4032) [EMI] Enable DRAM fail. Pls help, am using sp flash tool 3.18...
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-10-2014, 05:37 PM
(13-10-2014, 05:23 PM)giftium Pls i need help.
I installed Hfont on my tecno P5 n it got bricked (i.e booting n stopping at tecno logo). I tried flashing,clearing/wipe data&cache, factory reset; still stucked at boot logo. I gave it 4 repair, d repairer worked it but i still bricked it again with hfont. Gave it to him again to repair but this time the phone went totally dead. Av tried using sp flash tool to format n flash the files(preloader,msr,esr1,uboot,bootimg,logo et al), but it is showing me Error 4032
Message: BROM ERROR : S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAIL (4032) [EMI] Enable DRAM fail. Am using d correct scatter file(P5) downloaded frm dis site, Preloader.bin,uboot.bin,bootimg,esr et al still 4 p5 frm dis site. Evn wen trying to format only, it will in 1 sec reach 100% with red and after 1.51 secs will show Error 4032
Message: BROM ERROR : S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAIL (4032) [EMI] Enable DRAM fail. Pls help, am using sp flash tool 3.18...

1. Do you have the complete MTK backup for P5 there?
2. Have you tried using version 5?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
giftium
giftium
giftium
Techie Member
13-10-2014, 07:19 PM
av created an mtk backup with a p5 2day using mtk tools, but wen trying to prepare files for flashing, the md5 file doesn't want to read to giv the folder 'files for flashing' which will av preloader.bin. I av also downloaded sp tool v5. I dunno if i should use the scatter file mtk65xx .... For p5 and preloader.bin also for p5 from this site along with the other files gotten frm mtk backup to flash the phone? Thanks.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-10-2014, 09:56 PM
(13-10-2014, 07:19 PM)giftium av created an mtk backup with a p5 2day using mtk tools, but wen trying to prepare files for flashing, the md5 file doesn't want to read to giv the folder 'files for flashing' which will av preloader.bin. I av also downloaded sp tool v5. I dunno if i should use the scatter file mtk65xx .... For p5 and preloader.bin also for p5 from this site along with the other files gotten frm mtk backup to flash the phone? Thanks.

you best use all files from the same source. delete the backup you've made then create another MTK backup using this guide @ http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-468.html . use MTK droid tools version 2.5.3 . if you're getting the same error then request for p5 MTK backup @ http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html
This post was last modified: 13-10-2014, 10:03 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
giftium
giftium
giftium
Techie Member
14-10-2014, 04:38 PM

Thanks. pls, if i download a p5 mtk backup 4rm dis site, would it contain the backup and files to flash folder? If yes, pls how do i go abt it. And again, on sp flash tool on choosing scatter file it shows a list as follows: preloader, mbr, ebr1, uboot, bootimg,recovery,sec_ro, logo, ANDRIOD,cache and userdata. My questn is how do i knw the ANDRIOD file to mark and flash also and what is its relevance? Thanks alot
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-10-2014, 08:38 PM
(14-10-2014, 04:38 PM)giftium Thanks. pls, if i download a p5 mtk backup 4rm dis site, would it contain the backup and files to flash folder? If yes, pls how do i go abt it. And again, on sp flash tool on choosing scatter file it shows a list as follows: preloader, mbr, ebr1, uboot, bootimg,recovery,sec_ro, logo, ANDRIOD,cache and userdata. My questn is how do i knw the ANDRIOD file to mark and flash also and what is its relevance? Thanks alot

Android is SP flash tool is the system.img . your !files to flash should also contain system.img and preloader.bin . Have you successfully created the !files to flash folder from the working P5 you've backed up? 

Note!
giftium
giftium
giftium
Techie Member
15-10-2014, 01:03 AM
yes. I have downloaded stock backup(mtk) for tecno p5 from this site. After xtracting the following files were found in the folder: boot,ebr1,lk,logo,mbr,mt6572_andriod_scatter_emmc,preloader,recovery,secro and system. My problem is 1. What is lk and its relevance.
2. There's no uboot,userdata and cache although i dnt need the former, pls is uboot really needed to flash to the phone
3. Should i continud with what i have in the stock backup(mtk)? I also av sp flash tool v5........
4. Thank u xo much
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-10-2014, 10:18 AM
(15-10-2014, 01:03 AM)giftium yes. I have downloaded stock backup(mtk) for tecno p5 from this site. After xtracting the following files were found in the folder: boot,ebr1,lk,logo,mbr,mt6572_andriod_scatter_emmc,preloader,recovery,secro and system. My problem is 1. What is lk and its relevance.
2. There's no uboot,userdata and cache although i dnt need the former, pls is uboot really needed to flash to the phone
3. Should i continud with what i have in the stock backup(mtk)? I also av sp flash tool v5........
4. Thank u xo much

lk.bin is the same as uboot.bin so you can use them interchangeably . go ahead and flash using version 5. If you have the CWM backup then you can always copy usrdata and cache from it though they're not crucial at this point

Note!
giftium
giftium
giftium
Techie Member
17-10-2014, 02:23 PM
(15-10-2014, 10:18 AM)hovatek
(15-10-2014, 01:03 AM)giftium yes. I have downloaded stock backup(mtk) for tecno p5 from this site. After xtracting the following files were found in the folder: boot,ebr1,lk,logo,mbr,mt6572_andriod_scatter_emmc,preloader,recovery,secro and system. My problem is 1. What is lk and its relevance.
4. Thank u xo much

lk.bin is the same as uboot.bin so you can use them interchangeably . go ahead and flash using version 5. If you have the CWM backup then you can always copy usrdata and cache from it though they're not crucial at this point

kk. Thanks. Should i rename lk.bin to uboot.bin before flashing?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-10-2014, 09:03 PM

(17-10-2014, 02:23 PM)giftium kk. Thanks. Should i rename lk.bin to uboot.bin before flashing?

No. when you load scatter file, Sp flash tool will detect lk.bin as uboot

Note!
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next