Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average

[Tutorial] Increase your internal storage using ebrtweak

This is for low end phones.
What about phones with internal storage of 13g?

(04-29-2015, 01:33 PM)emrain Wrote: This is for low end phones.

its not about the total size but how its partitioned. 13GB could be partitoned to 2GB : 11GB meaning 11GB just sits there doing nothing
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
(04-29-2015, 01:59 PM)hovatek Wrote:
(04-29-2015, 01:33 PM)emrain Wrote: This is for low end phones.

its not about the total size but how its partitioned. 13GB could be partitoned to 2GB : 11GB meaning 11GB just sits there doing nothing

And this makes a lot of sense?
(04-29-2015, 02:06 PM)emrain Wrote: And this makes a lot of sense?

makes sense to the device manufacturers i guess. thats the reason behind an EBR tweak, to remove from the 11GB and add to the 2GB
i just resurrected from a bricked device and flashed all files from the tecno phantom z custom rom provided here. when i try to do a system update, i get the message, "the installation need at least 4,951,2455 bytes storage. please release space to continue"

I use a 32GB tecno phantom Z and My current available internal storage is 7.0GB with only 875MB used. Do i still need to tweak EBR?
(04-30-2015, 08:59 AM)its_xino Wrote: i just resurrected from a bricked device and flashed all files from the tecno phantom z custom rom provided here. when i try to do a system update, i get the message, "the installation need at least 4,951,2455 bytes storage. please release space to continue"

I use a 32GB tecno phantom Z and My current available internal storage is 7.0GB with only 875MB used. Do i still need to tweak EBR?

have you tried doing a factory reset?
Just finished partioning mine. So cool
Now heading for a bigger memory card
..............just a button away
Sir... I have all the necessary files to increase my G9 internal storage, but i cant go beyond TO PREPARE BLOCKS FOR FLASH TOOLS... THE POP UP I RECEIVED WAS (Preparation of files for FlashTool is impossible, file isn't found) and i checked the backup folder for scatter file as it was instructed, but i couldnt find any... Please what is the scatter file looks like? and how can i get the scatter file for TECNO G9 or how to edit it?........

(06-02-2015, 01:54 PM)WhiteDragon Wrote: Sir... I have all the necessary files to increase my G9 internal storage, but i cant go beyond TO PREPARE BLOCKS FOR FLASH TOOLS... THE POP UP I RECEIVED WAS (Preparation of files for FlashTool is impossible, file isn't found) and i checked the backup folder for scatter file as it was instructed, but i couldnt find any... Please what is the scatter file looks like? and how can i get the scatter file for TECNO G9 or how to edit it?........

the backup you just did should already contain EBR files
Thanks for your reply.... I successfully increased my G9 internal memory to 3.5GB.