Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to increase internal storage using ebrtweak
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Tutorial] How to increase internal storage using ebrtweak

[Tutorial] How to increase internal storage using ebrtweak

Pages (6): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6
fettasack
fettasack
fettasack
14-08-2016, 08:53 AM

(13-08-2016, 06:33 PM)hovatek
(12-08-2016, 05:49 PM)fettasack Hello,
awesome tweak. It works all fine. However when I want to increase the storage on my Wiko Cink Peax 2 (MT 6589) to 2.5 GB the size of my internal storage does not change (it keeps on 1.66 GB). The phone storage changes from appr. 1.06 GB to 277 MB, though. Can you please help me out?
If needed, I attached the original EBRs and the scatter file.  
Greetings

1. Did you successfullly tweak the ebr  files
2. Did you successfully flash the tweaked ebr files
3. Did you wipe emmc in factory mode?

Hello,

thanks for your answer. I did all but for the last point. Via a factory reset in recovery mode I made it work.
This post was last modified: 15-08-2016, 08:34 AM by fettasack.
BILLGATE
BILLGATE
BILLGATE
19-04-2017, 07:42 AM
i tried installing EBRtweak to my windons 10 zinox pc it says

EBRtweak v1.0
used for changing EBR partition sizes for mediaTek devices.

Error:EBR file not found or file size mismatch!

process cannot be continued. press any key to quit EBRtweak.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
19-04-2017, 08:02 AM
(19-04-2017, 07:42 AM)BILLGATE i tried installing EBRtweak to my windons 10 zinox pc it says

EBRtweak v1.0

Did you run as administrator? Try on other pc.

Sent from my Z10 using Hovatek mobile
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-04-2017, 01:10 PM
(19-04-2017, 07:42 AM)BILLGATE i tried installing EBRtweak to my windons 10 zinox pc it says

EBRtweak v1.0

Attach a screenshot of the EBR tweak folder

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
losilmalem
losilmalem
losilmalem
23-09-2017, 12:32 PM

(16-10-2014, 06:44 PM)hovatek Modifying your ebr in a mediatek device is easy and straight forward. Ebr files store your storage partition in your mediatek device. Ebr separates the internal storage where applications are installed and the usb storage for other files like user data, music, documents, etc.
To extract EBR files, make an MTK backup of the phone using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-468.html or extract from the phone's firmware @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/forum-89.html

See the video tutorial below or @ http://youtu.be/k5UspcUtCLE

Where is Ebr found?

Ebr files are found in a stock backup rom using droidtools. It is usually found under your backup folder. Something like mtkdroidtools\backup\device name\ifiles_folder or in your phone's stock ROM / firmware.

How do you modify your Ebr?

Ebr can be modified by a file called ebrtweak

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-increase-Mediatek-interna...weak-1.jpg]

How to expand internal storage using EBR tweak

1. It is advisable not to go above 4gb as it is usually unstable to do that. It is used to modify our ebr files 1 and 2
  2. Download EBRtweak @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/attachment.php?aid=445
  3.  Copy your ebr from your mtkdroidtools\backup\device name\ifiles_folder or the firmware
  4. Paste it in the same folder as your ebrtweak 

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-increase-Mediatek-interna...weak-2.jpg]

5. Run Ebrtweak by double-clicking

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-increase-Mediatek-interna...weak-3.jpg]

6. Type the option for the storage size you wish to increase to then tap Y to confirm your choice

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-increase-Mediatek-interna...weak-4.jpg]

7. You should get a success message. Tap any key to exit

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-increase-Mediatek-interna...weak-5.jpg]

8. The ebrtweak folder should now contain extra files, the ones with .bak are your original (unmodified) ebr files. What you need to copy now are are newly created EBR 1 & 2

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-increase-Mediatek-interna...weak-6.jpg]

9. Copy the new EBR 1&2 files into the same folder as your scatter file(s)

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-increase-Mediatek-interna...weak-7.jpg]

10. Flash the modified EBR files using SP flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html . Make sure only two boxes with ebr1 and ebr2 are ticked and you select Download only.

11. Click download and connect your device powered off

12. You will see download ok. Power on your device and see your new internal storage partition has increased.

Hello Hovatek. Please, I have a question about this tutorial.
Does it mean we can increase the total amount of storage of our MTK MTK phone (meaning like moving from 16G to 32G with the same material configuration) without any harm to the device?
Or, is it like if the total storage is 16G, I can with this trick, increase app system size to 12G and documents and other files' one will be just 4G?
Thanks for enlightening me.
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
23-09-2017, 04:54 PM
(23-09-2017, 12:32 PM)losilmalem Hello Hovatek. Please, I have a question about this tutorial.
Does it mean we can increase the total amount of storage of our MTK MTK phone (meaning like moving from 16G to 32G with the same material configuration) without any harm to the device?
Or, is it like if the total storage is 16G, I can with this trick, increase app system size to 12G and documents and other files' one will be just 4G?

" is it like if the total storage is 16G, I can with this trick, increase app system size to 12G and documents and other files' one will be just 4G? "

this is exactly what its for.
losilmalem
losilmalem
losilmalem
24-09-2017, 02:43 PM
(23-09-2017, 04:54 PM)freshtyt
(23-09-2017, 12:32 PM)losilmalem Hello Hovatek. Please, I have a question about this tutorial.

" is it like if the total storage is 16G, I can with this trick, increase app system size to 12G and documents and other files' one will be just 4G? "

this is exactly what its for.

Great. I understand clearly now. Thanks.
This post was last modified: 24-09-2017, 02:44 PM by losilmalem. Edit Reason: Mistake
Pages (6): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6