10-16-2014, 06:44 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2017, 09:20 PM by hovatek. Edit Reason: added tag and video )
Modifying your ebr in a mediatek device is easy and straight forward. Ebr files store your storage partition in your mediatek device. Ebr separates the internal storage where applications are installed and the usb storage for other files like user data, music, documents, etc.
To extract EBR files, make an MTK backup of the phone using the guide @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-468.html or extract from the phone's firmware @ https://forum.hovatek.com/forum-89.html
See the video tutorial below or @ http://youtu.be/k5UspcUtCLE
Where is Ebr found?
Ebr files are found in a stock backup rom using droidtools. It is usually found under your backup folder. Something like mtkdroidtools\backup\device name\ifiles_folder or in your phone's stock ROM / firmware.
How do you modify your Ebr?
Ebr can be modified by a file called ebrtweak
How to expand internal storage using EBR tweak
- It is advisable not to go above 4gb as it is usually unstable to do that. It is used to modify our ebr files 1 and 2
- Download EBRtweak @ https://forum.hovatek.com/attachment.php?aid=445
- Copy your ebr from your mtkdroidtools\backup\device name\ifiles_folder or the firmware
- Paste it in the same folder as your ebrtweak
- Run Ebrtweak by double-clicking
- Type the option for the storage size you wish to increase to then tap Y to confirm your choice
- You should get a success message. Tap any key to exit
- The ebrtweak folder should now contain extra files, the ones with .bak are your original (unmodified) ebr files. What you need to copy now are are newly created EBR 1 & 2
- Copy the new EBR 1&2 files into the same folder as your scatter file(s)
- Flash the modified EBR files using SP flash tool @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-159.html . Make sure only two boxes with ebr1 and ebr2 are ticked and you select Download only.
- Click download and connect your device powered off
- You will see download ok. Power on your device and see your new internal storage partition has increased.