Hovatek Forum MOBILE Others Blackberry [Tutorial] How to use Blackberry Desktop Software to do a factory reset
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Tutorial] How to use Blackberry Desktop Software to do a factory reset

[Tutorial] How to use Blackberry Desktop Software to do a factory reset

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-08-2015, 05:37 PM

To do a factory reset on a Blackberry smartphone using Blackberry Desktop Software:
  1. Download Blackberry Desktop Software for Windows @ https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downl...852FAD3647 
  2. Install the software on the PC
  3. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader for a 32 bit PC and C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader for a 64 bit PC
  4. While holding down the Shift key, right-click any space in the Apploader folder and select "Open command window here"
  5. In command prompt, type the code below then press enter

Code:

loader.exe /resettofactory

Note for Mac users

If the smartphone has a password enabled, that password must be specified within the command line. For example, type
    Code:

./bbdm -password 12345 resettofactory
  6. where 12345 is the BlackBerry smartphone password)
This post was last modified: 12-06-2018, 12:45 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
tkaytech
tkaytech
tkaytech
22-10-2015, 10:36 AM
Thanks dude. I want to ask that does it work on any blackberry phone or some new or old models?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-10-2015, 03:03 PM
(22-10-2015, 10:36 AM)tkaytech Thanks dude. I want to ask that does it work on any blackberry phone or some new or old models?

< OS 10

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
tkaytech
tkaytech
tkaytech
22-10-2015, 05:16 PM
Ok. Thanks.

One more thing please, i have a blackberry q5, its not detecting sim card, and it wasnt like that before, please, what can i do to it?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-10-2015, 09:52 AM

(22-10-2015, 05:16 PM)tkaytech Ok. Thanks.

One more thing please, i have a blackberry q5, its not detecting sim card, and it wasnt like that before, please, what can i do to it?

Create a new thread so we focus on this.

Note!