Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android MEDIATEK 65XX VCOM ERROR 10
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

MEDIATEK 65XX VCOM ERROR 10

MEDIATEK 65XX VCOM ERROR 10

shyllon
shyllon
shyllon
Respected Member
22-10-2014, 05:47 PM

While trying to flash my phone I tried installing mediatek vcom driver then I got this error a step after final installation. "The software for this device is now installed, but may not work correctly. This device cannot start (code 10)" That's the problem and when I open sp flash tool to flash after ticking USB mode and loading scatter file when I chose the file to download and I click download it would only display battery charge bar then go back to bootloop when I connect the phone.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-10-2014, 06:43 PM
(22-10-2014, 05:47 PM)shyllon While trying to flash my phone I tried installing mediatek vcom driver then I got this error a step after final installation. "The software for this device is now installed, but may not work correctly. This device cannot start (code 10)" That's the problem and when I open sp flash tool to flash after ticking USB mode and loading scatter file when I chose the file to download and I click download it would only display battery charge bar then go back to bootloop when I connect the phone.

read this guide @ http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-596.html . the charging sign means vcom drivers haven't been installed

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
shyllon
shyllon
shyllon
Respected Member
22-10-2014, 07:30 PM
Am fed up is there no other way to install this driver.i dont have a system i normally go to the cafe to do all these stuff so am not always opportuned to try any **** on their system so please if u have a shorter method to install the driver without error pleaae telk me.am confused ryt now.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-10-2014, 07:50 PM
(22-10-2014, 07:30 PM)shyllon Am fed up is there no other way to install this driver.i dont have a system i normally go to the cafe to do all these stuff so am not always opportuned to try any **** on their system so please if u have a shorter method to install the driver without error pleaae telk me.am confused ryt now.

usually, that would be done using an installer. we usually don't use the installer method because most don't work but we'll help get some

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-10-2014, 08:21 PM

Here's what you'll do. Download USB Deview for your pc
32 bit @ http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usbdeview.zip
64 bit @ http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usbdeview-x64.zip

In USB deview, uninstall all vcom and preloader drivers then restart the PC. next, connect the phone to PC without battery inside the phone. if drivers we're successfully installed then try using sp flash tool again. if you get any drivers installation error then try installing vcom drivers manually on another PC

Note!
shyllon
shyllon
shyllon
Respected Member
23-10-2014, 12:44 AM
Chai am so greatful sir.u have been there for me all this while.thanks a million boss.i will test it when i get to the cafe tomorrow sir. Thanks once again
shyllon
shyllon
shyllon
Respected Member
23-10-2014, 01:03 AM
If it didnt work then i would wait till when i come to lag,i will personally bring it to your office
Greatfrank
Greatfrank
Greatfrank
Respected Member
18-04-2017, 08:41 AM
(23-10-2014, 01:03 AM)shyllon If it didnt work then i would wait till when i come to lag,i will personally bring it to your office

Hi. Here is a guide to install Mediatek Vcom Drivers on windows 10.
This post was last modified: 12-11-2018, 05:18 PM by X3non.