Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] TECNO M3 HARD BRICKED
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] TECNO M3 HARD BRICKED

[Please help] TECNO M3 HARD BRICKED

Pages (4): 1 2 3 4 Next
iolamide
iolamide
iolamide
Techie Member
01-09-2015, 10:53 PM

My Tecno M3 is hard bricked. This was what happened - I bricked it while trying to flash boot img and recovery img and was stucked at bootloader. I then downloaded TECNO M3 OLD OS 4.2.2 STOCK ROM.While flashing it, I encountered pmt changed for the rom.- I then googled it up and found out I need another scatter file, I already had a scatter file before named MT6572 scatter.emmc.text.It worked and flashed it but it still didn't work While out of the room,My friend tried Firmware upgrade option and I entered but hesitated to cancel it. It encountered an error that said couldn't find ROM bla bla bla. I then unplugged it. The problem now is that the phone is not even powering on again not vibrating or charging just brain dead but still detected by SP flashtool. PlsI need ur help urgently
Thanks to yo al
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-09-2015, 03:05 AM
(01-09-2015, 10:53 PM)iolamide My Tecno M3 is hard bricked. This was what happened - I bricked it while trying to flash boot img and recovery img and was stucked at bootloader. I then downloaded TECNO M3 OLD OS 4.2.2 STOCK ROM.While flashing it, I encountered pmt changed for the rom.- I then googled it up and found out I need another scatter file, I already had a scatter file before named MT6572 scatter.emmc.text.It worked and flashed it but it still didn't work While out of the room,My friend tried Firmware upgrade option and I entered but hesitated to cancel it. It encountered an error that said couldn't find ROM bla bla bla. I then unplugged it. The problem now is that the phone is not even powering on again not vibrating or charging just brain dead but still detected by SP flashtool. PlsI need ur help urgently
Thanks to yo al

you interrupted flashing. follow the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html .
try flashing the stock ROM from time to time

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
kwamwon
kwamwon
kwamwon
02-09-2015, 12:49 PM
hi hovatek, kindly send me tecno m3 stock rom+ preloader. i have a dead tecno m3 dat only vibrate if powered. thanks imamolawale@gmail.com
iolamide
iolamide
iolamide
Techie Member
02-09-2015, 05:19 PM
(02-09-2015, 03:05 AM)hovatek
(01-09-2015, 10:53 PM)iolamide My Tecno M3 is hard bricked. This was what happened - I bricked it while trying to flash boot img and recovery img and was stucked at bootloader. I then downloaded TECNO M3 OLD OS 4.2.2 STOCK ROM.While flashing it, I encountered pmt changed for the rom.- I then googled it up and found out I need another scatter file, I already had a scatter file before named MT6572 scatter.emmc.text.It worked and flashed it but it still didn't work While out of the room,My friend tried Firmware upgrade option and I entered but hesitated to cancel it. It encountered an error that said couldn't find ROM bla bla bla. I then unplugged it. The problem now is that the phone is not even powering on again not vibrating or charging just brain dead but still detected by SP flashtool. PlsI need ur help urgently
Thanks to yo al

you interrupted flashing. follow the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html .
try flashing the stock ROM from time to time

it has now powered on but it is still stuck at boot animation and cant get into recovery mode for anything. The recovery mode is only displaying an android robot with warning sign. I pressed the power button but it isnt moving beyond that dead android robot. Another problem now is that it vibrates immediately i put the battery in it. It doesnt even give me time to charge. I am still flashing it with the old OS STOCK ROM but it aint passing that boot animation. Could it happen that there is a problem with the scatter file in the old OS STOCK ROM cos anytime I tried to flash it, it says PMT changed for the ROM-It could be downloaded. I then use the scatter file I created when the phone was still working using mtk droid tools named MT6572 scatter_emmc_txt. Could the change in scatter file have caused the stock rom not to work? THANK YOU VERY MUCH
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-09-2015, 09:46 PM

(02-09-2015, 05:19 PM)iolamide it has now powered on but it is still stuck at boot animation and cant get into recovery mode for anything. The recovery mode is only displaying an android robot with warning sign. I pressed the power button but it isnt moving beyond that dead android robot. Another problem now is that it vibrates immediately i put the battery in it. It doesnt even give me time to charge. I am still flashing it with the old OS STOCK ROM but it aint passing that boot animation. Could it happen that there is a problem with the scatter file in the old OS STOCK ROM cos anytime I tried to flash it, it says PMT changed for the ROM-It could be downloaded. I then use the scatter file I created when the phone was still working using mtk droid tools named MT6572 scatter_emmc_txt. Could the change in scatter file have caused the stock rom not to work? THANK YOU VERY MUCH

stick to the scatter file in the stock backup
format the phone in Sp flash tool then flash all the files in the stock backup

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
iolamide
iolamide
iolamide
Techie Member
03-09-2015, 08:18 AM
(02-09-2015, 09:46 PM)hovatek
(02-09-2015, 05:19 PM)iolamide it has now powered on but it is still stuck at boot animation and cant get into recovery mode for anything. The recovery mode is only displaying an android robot with warning sign. I pressed the power button but it isnt moving beyond that dead android robot. Another problem now is that it vibrates immediately i put the battery in it. It doesnt even give me time to charge. I am still flashing it with the old OS STOCK ROM but it aint passing that boot animation. Could it happen that there is a problem with the scatter file in the old OS STOCK ROM cos anytime I tried to flash it, it says PMT changed for the ROM-It could be downloaded. I then use the scatter file I created when the phone was still working using mtk droid tools named MT6572 scatter_emmc_txt. Could the change in scatter file have caused the stock rom not to work? THANK YOU VERY MUCH

stick to the scatter file in the stock backup
format the phone in Sp flash tool then flash all the files in the stock backup
The scatter file in the stock backup is saying PMT changed for the ROM, It must be downloaded. That was why I continuede using the one I created earler. Thank u very much
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-09-2015, 12:14 PM
(03-09-2015, 08:18 AM)iolamide The scatter file in the stock backup is saying PMT changed for the ROM, It must be downloaded. That was why I continuede using the one I created earler. Thank u very much

You mentioned that earlier, thats why I asked you to format first before download
refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html
This post was last modified: 03-09-2015, 12:15 PM by hovatek.

Note!
iolamide
iolamide
iolamide
Techie Member
03-09-2015, 01:41 PM
(03-09-2015, 12:14 PM)hovatek
(03-09-2015, 08:18 AM)iolamide The scatter file in the stock backup is saying PMT changed for the ROM, It must be downloaded. That was why I continuede using the one I created earler. Thank u very much

You mentioned that earlier, thats why I asked you to format first before download
refer to  https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html
Do u mean format all or should I choose the except bootloader option in so flashtool. Will my phone still be detected after formatting it with so flash tool? Thank you
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-09-2015, 03:06 PM
(03-09-2015, 01:41 PM)iolamide Do u mean format all or should I choose the except bootloader option in so flashtool. Will my phone still be detected after formatting it with so flash tool? Thank you

choose format all + download then click download.
if you still get the PMT error then format except bootloader first before download

Note!
iolamide
iolamide
iolamide
Techie Member
03-09-2015, 05:00 PM

(03-09-2015, 03:06 PM)hovatek
(03-09-2015, 01:41 PM)iolamide Do u mean format all or should I choose the except bootloader option in so flashtool. Will my phone still be detected after formatting it with so flash tool? Thank you

choose format all + download then click download.
if you still get the PMT error then format except bootloader first before download

It now gives this error: BROM ERROR:S_FTHND_FILE_IS_NOT_LOADED_YET(5007)
There is file not loaded yet
(1) Please check if the DA path is correct
(2) Please check if all the ROM files exist
(3) Please check if the scatter file description is sync with the exist rom files.
What do I do from here please.
I checked the sp flashtools error thread and saw there that this error occured as a result of incomplete files to be checked for (FORMAT ALL+DOWNLOAD). The main reason is because the CACHE and USRDATA are automatically checked for format all+ download whereas dont exist in the stock backup file, PLS how do i get this files
This post was last modified: 03-09-2015, 05:10 PM by iolamide.
Pages (4): 1 2 3 4 Next