Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Free Hovatek T-shirts! We would like to know your size...see our blog post (March 26, 2017)

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
How to create / install ClockworkMod recovery on any MTK Android device
(This post was last modified:12-24-2015, 11:59 AM by hovatek. )

In this guide, i'll explain how to create or install ClockworkMod recovery image for your android device.
Requirements:
1. Your rooted Android and its cord
2. Download PdaNet then install it (it also installs ADB driver for your phone to your PC)
3. Download MTK Droid Root & Tools

Procedure:
1. Install PdaNet (+Adb driver which is included in the PdaNet installer)
2. Backup the phone
3. Copy the boot.img from your phone's stock rom back up on your phone's SD card to your PC.
4. Enable USB debugging on your phone (settings > developer opions) then connect it to your PC
5. Launch MTK droid tools. it will read your phone and display your phone's details
6. Click root at the bottom of MTK
7. On your phone, grant MTK super user permissions
8. Let MTK complete (the box at the lower left must change from
color yellow to green)
9. Once it is green, click on the root.backup.recovery tab
10. Tick 'To choose d boot.img file'
11. Click on recovery and boot
12. Navigate to boot.img which you copied to your PC from your phone's custom ROM backup folder then select it
13. Click Yes till you get a prompt whether to install ClockworkMod on your device or not
14. At this stage, your ClockworkMod image would have been created. You can optionally chose to install it yourself later or let MTK install it for you.
 Congratulations! You now have ClockworkMod installed.

Fanx hovatek... I tink dis will help but I still av a question still. After downloading the pdanet.exe and installing it on the pc, how will it detect the adb driver for my device? Also I'll like to know if my fone must be connected to a pc "ab initio" (from the beginning of the tutorial). Thanx a bunch
You'll have to enable USB debugging on your phone then connect your phone to the PC before your start installing PdaNet
(12-01-2013, 02:26 AM)hovatek Wrote: In this guide, i'll explain how to create or install ClockworkMod recovery image for your android device.
Requirements:
1. Your rooted Android and its cord
2. Download PdaNet then install it (it also installs ADB driver for your phone to your PC)
3. Download MTK Droid Root & Tools

Procedure:
1. Install PdaNet (+Adb driver which is included in the PdaNet installer)
2. Install Busybox pro apk then backup up your stock rom on your Android using Online Nandroid
3. Copy the boot.img from your phone's stock rom back up on your phone's SD card to your PC.
4. Enable USB debugging on your phone (settings > developer opions) then connect it to your PC
5. Launch MTK droid tools. it will read your phone and display your phone's details
6. Click root at the bottom of MTK
7. On your phone, grant MTK super user permissions
8. Let MTK complete (the box at the lower left must change from
color yellow to green)
9. Once it is green, click on the root.backup.recovery tab
10. Tick 'To choose d boot.img file'
11. Click on recovery and boot
12. Navigate to boot.img which you copied to your PC from your phone's custom ROM backup folder then select it
13. Click Yes till you get a prompt whether to install ClockworkMod on your device or not
14. At this stage, your ClockworkMod image would have been created. You can optionally chose to install it yourself later or let MTK install it for you.
Congratulations! You now have ClockworkMod installed.

So after rooting and backing up the system image of your android,what is the ROM i need to download to upgrade my OS to 4.4 kitkat thanks
Hi, hovatek.....
Thank you so much for listening to me.
I've already flash cwm but still i want to practice how to create cwm recovery, can i use the boot.img from my nandroid backup to create my cwm recovery?
Thank you for your time.
(This post was last modified:04-26-2014, 06:31 PM by androgen. )
Hi @ abdullahi... You need the recovery.img to create a custom recovery... however the boot.img could be important to prevent boot stuck/bootlooping...
Its not easy to create cwm, that's why these apps are here to help us.

Hi @ brainydaps: it takes a lot to build a custom ROM for a devices without its source code. The easiest is porting a custom ROM with the same android version as yours of a similar device.
Thanks hovatek,
so should i use the recovery.img instead?
Yeah. That's what you need to use. Just make sure you don't brick your phone
@abdullahi_ if you wish to use the above procedure to create a CWM then what you need is the stock boot.img for that device. You wont need the recover.img for this procedure, just boot.img
Hi @ abdullahi and Hovatek. I was telling you have the HTC method. Sorry, @ abdullahi for the misinformation...