Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Tecno P5 hard bricked and not detected by SP Flash Tool
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Tecno P5 hard bricked and not detected by SP Flash Tool

Tecno P5 hard bricked and not detected by SP Flash Tool

Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
codedtee
codedtee
codedtee
26-10-2014, 09:21 AM

(26-10-2014, 09:18 AM)hovatek that's another possibility. they might have slightly different block addresses. try the current scatter file first

I have tried my scatter file and the on the forum here...same thing

Now the phone just keeps connecting and disconnecting every five seconds
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-10-2014, 09:28 AM
(26-10-2014, 09:21 AM)codedtee I have tried my scatter file and the on the forum here...same thing

normally, you would resolve that by flashing files without battery in the phone. or holding down different combinations of volume and power button but you best not force flashing of these files. apparently, they're not compatible with the phone and force-flashing could make the p5 worse . you best start scouting for other p5s

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
codedtee
codedtee
codedtee
26-10-2014, 09:30 AM
(26-10-2014, 09:28 AM)hovatek
(26-10-2014, 09:21 AM)codedtee I have tried my scatter file and the on the forum here...same thing

normally, you would resolve that by flashing files without battery in the phone. or holding down different combinations of volume and power button but you best not force flashing of these files. apparently, they're not compatible with the phone and force-flashing could make the p5 worse . you best start scouting for other p5s

Lobatan.... will start looking for p5s...thanks a lot
codedtee
codedtee
codedtee
26-10-2014, 12:14 PM
(26-10-2014, 09:28 AM)hovatek normally, you would resolve that by flashing files without battery in the phone. or holding down different combinations of volume and power button but you best not force flashing of these files. apparently, they're not compatible with the phone and force-flashing could make the p5 worse . you best start scouting for other p5s

Am back again o. I got a P5 whose back up worked for the dead phone. Now the phone is able to boot to normal Android recovery but won't boot up. what's next please?
codedtee
codedtee
codedtee
26-10-2014, 12:23 PM

Now the phone is charging but won't boot pass the Tecno logo. what is missing? The cache and user data are both not present. how will I get those from the backup?
codedtee
codedtee
codedtee
26-10-2014, 02:56 PM
(26-10-2014, 09:28 AM)hovatek normally, you would resolve that by flashing files without battery in the phone. or holding down different combinations of volume and power button but you best not force flashing of these files. apparently, they're not compatible with the phone and force-flashing could make the p5 worse . you best start scouting for other p5s

Please help me out...It's still stuck in the boot logo. Please
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-10-2014, 02:57 PM
(26-10-2014, 12:23 PM)codedtee Now the phone is charging but won't boot pass the Tecno logo. what is missing? The cache and user data are both not present. how will I get those from the backup?

you're to flash Clockworkmod to the bricked phone and the working one. you'll then make a CWM backup of the good one and restore it to the bricked one in Clockworkmod recovery mode

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
codedtee
codedtee
codedtee
26-10-2014, 03:07 PM
(26-10-2014, 02:57 PM)hovatek
(26-10-2014, 12:23 PM)codedtee Now the phone is charging but won't boot pass the Tecno logo. what is missing? The cache and user data are both not present. how will I get those from the backup?

you're to flash Clockworkmod to the bricked phone and the working one. you'll then make a CWM backup of the good one and restore it to the bricked one in Clockworkmod recovery mode

I've tried flashing CWM to the bricked one to no avail. MTK tools won't go green as am unable to grant it access on the phone's screen. how else can I flash it in? note that I can enter the native Android recovery on the bricked phone.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-10-2014, 03:12 PM
(26-10-2014, 03:07 PM)codedtee I've tried flashing CWM to the bricked one to no avail. MTK tools won't go green as am unable to grant it access on the phone's screen. how else can I flash it in? note that I can enter the native Android recovery on the bricked phone.

create Clockworkmod recovery image using this guide @ http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-587.html then flash the created image to the bricked phone using sp flash tool

Note!
codedtee
codedtee
codedtee
26-10-2014, 03:33 PM

(26-10-2014, 03:12 PM)hovatek
(26-10-2014, 03:07 PM)codedtee I've tried flashing CWM to the bricked one to no avail. MTK tools won't go green as am unable to grant it access on the phone's screen. how else can I flash it in? note that I can enter the native Android recovery on the bricked phone.

create Clockworkmod recovery image using this guide @ http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-587.html then flash the created image to the bricked phone using sp flash tool

Thanks Sir. The owner of the P5 I used won't allow me create a CWM backup. After flashing the recovery, can I just install a custom ROM like your Keslar using the CWM recovery menu?
Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4 Next