Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Tecno P5 hard bricked and not detected by SP Flash Tool
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Tecno P5 hard bricked and not detected by SP Flash Tool

Tecno P5 hard bricked and not detected by SP Flash Tool

Pages (4): 1 2 3 4 Next
codedtee
codedtee
codedtee
25-10-2014, 02:12 PM

Hello and thanks for the hard work.

I tried creating a CWM recovery with MTK tools and guess I did something wrong. The phone went into a boot loop and didn't come on. I tried flashing a backup from a friend's P5. It successfully flashed but the phone didn't come up again. Just keeps vibrating.

Now, SP Tool won't detect the phone again (Error 4032 when I tried flashing again). I tried Google and I got to know that the EMMC has been formatted.

Please, how can I get the phone back up again?

Thanks in anticipation.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-10-2014, 03:47 PM
(25-10-2014, 02:12 PM)codedtee Hello and thanks for the hard work.

I tried creating a CWM recovery with MTK tools and guess I did something wrong. The phone went into a boot loop and didn't come on. I tried flashing a backup from a friend's P5. It successfully flashed but the phone didn't come up again. Just keeps vibrating.

Now, SP Tool won't detect the phone again (Error 4032 when I tried flashing again). I tried Google and I got to know that the EMMC has been formatted.

Thanks in anticipation.

For sp flash tool to pop up that error then it's detecting your phone.

1. was it a CWM or MTK backup you flashed that caused the phone to stop coming on?
2. At the end of the sp flash tool error is usually a Hint, what does it say?
3. What version of sp flash tool did you use?
4. Have you ever successfully flashed files on that PC using sp flash tool?
5. Can you get access to a working p5
6. List the files / folders in the backup folder

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
codedtee
codedtee
codedtee
25-10-2014, 04:14 PM
(25-10-2014, 03:47 PM)hovatek
(25-10-2014, 02:12 PM)codedtee Hello and thanks for the hard work.

Thanks in anticipation.

For sp flash tool to pop up that error then it's detecting your phone.

1. was it a CWM or MTK backup you flashed that caused the phone to stop coming on?
2. At the end of the sp flash tool error is usually a Hint, what does it say?
3. What version of sp flash tool did you use?
4. Have you ever successfully flashed files on that PC using sp flash tool?
5. Can you get access to a working p5
6. List the files / folders in the backup folder

I used a MTK backup from my other P5. The files are listed below:

boot
cache
data
EBR1
expdb
factory_NONmodified_recovery
logo
MBR
misc
MT6572_Android_scatter
nvram
preloader
pro_info
protect_f
protect_s
seccfg
secro
system
TECNO-P5_130916__recovery_140909-011726
uboot

used the following Sp flash tools versions:

SP Flash Tool v5.1352.01 and SP Flash Tool v3.1332.0187
codedtee
codedtee
codedtee
25-10-2014, 04:23 PM
The error and hint message:

BROM ERROR: S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM_
FAIL ( 4032 )
[ EMI ] Enabled DRAM failed!
[ HINT ] :
Please check your load Matches to your
target which is to be downloaded .

I have access to a working P5 and I have used the PC to successfully flash a backup before.
codedtee
codedtee
codedtee
25-10-2014, 04:29 PM

Please note that it also gives the USB not recognized prompt sometimes even though all drivers are successfully installed and tested working with the other P5
codedtee
codedtee
codedtee
25-10-2014, 07:49 PM
(25-10-2014, 04:29 PM)codedtee Please note that it also gives the USB not recognized prompt sometimes even though all drivers are successfully installed and tested working with the other P5

Please, help me check through the info I posted
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-10-2014, 07:56 PM
(25-10-2014, 04:29 PM)codedtee Please note that it also gives the USB not recognized prompt sometimes even though all drivers are successfully installed and tested working with the other P5

here's what you'll do. Make an MTK backup of the good p5 using this guide @ http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-468.html and let's know when you have the !files to flash folder

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
codedtee
codedtee
codedtee
25-10-2014, 11:00 PM
hovat
codedtee Please note that it also gives the USB not recognized prompt sometimes even though all drivers are successfully installed and tested working with the other P5

here's what you'll do.  Make an MTK backup of the good p5 using this guide @ http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-468.html and let's know when you have the  !files to flash folder

I have done that Sir. I have created a MTK backup from the working P5. What's next?
codedtee
codedtee
codedtee
26-10-2014, 07:50 AM
(25-10-2014, 07:56 PM)hovatek

here's what you'll do. Make an MTK backup of the good p5 using this guide @ http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-468.html and let's know when you have the !files to flash folder

I mistakenly hard-bricked the second working P5 last night. I then successfully flashed the MTK backup I did somee minutes earlier and it worked.. Note that while flashing, it brought out the mobile phone's chip info at the bottom left corner of the SP tool. The tool saw the phone on a DA Com port.

I then tried to flash the dead phone with the same procedure and files but it didn't work. It didn't show the chip's info and still gave the error 4032. It saw the phone on MTK Com Port 17.

Am guessing the two phones might not necessarily be the same type even though they are both P5. This is because the dead P5 once got hard-bricked cos it was once flashed by the guys at Carlcare.

What's the next step please..? Thank you.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-10-2014, 08:05 AM

(26-10-2014, 07:50 AM)codedtee I mistakenly hard-bricked the second working P5 last night. I then successfully flashed the MTK backup I did somee minutes earlier and it worked.. Note that while flashing, it brought out the mobile phone's chip info at the bottom left corner of the SP tool. The tool saw the phone on a DA Com port.

I then tried to flash the dead phone with the same procedure and files but it didn't work. It didn't show the chip's info and still gave the error 4032. It saw the phone on MTK Com Port 17.

Am guessing the two phones might not necessarily be the same type even though they are both P5. This is because the dead P5 once got hard-bricked cos it was once flashed by the guys at Carlcare.

What's the next step please..? Thank you.

format the bricked p5 using sp flash tool. Do Not format Bootloader. just a normal format. after that, try flashing files to it again
This post was last modified: 26-10-2014, 08:08 AM by hovatek.

Note!
Pages (4): 1 2 3 4 Next