Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Tecno g9 data storage tweak
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Tecno g9 data storage tweak

Tecno g9 data storage tweak

evi
evi
evi
03-09-2015, 06:47 PM

Hello there.. Following the instructions on how to upgrade the data storage of tecno g9 on ur YouTube video I had my phone rooted successfully however I couldn't not get my ebr files cuz I kept getting an error message from mtkdroidtools app refer to the attached image. Please I'd like to know if there's still a glimmer of hope for me in tweaking my phone to 4gb data storage. Thanks
Attached Files
.jpg
IMG_20150903_183842.JPG
Size: 397.58 KB / Downloads: 3
.jpg
IMG_20150903_183916.JPG
Size: 326.72 KB / Downloads: 4
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-09-2015, 09:59 PM
(03-09-2015, 06:47 PM)evi Hello there.. Following the instructions on how to upgrade the data storage of tecno g9 on ur YouTube video I had my phone rooted successfully however I couldn't not get my ebr files cuz I kept getting an error message from mtkdroidtools app refer to the attached image. Please I'd like to know if there's still a glimmer of hope for me in tweaking my phone to 4gb data storage. Thanks

this shouldnt affect the backup process.
you're supposed to click ROOT then Yes on PC and grant on phone. I see you havent done that.
refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-468.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
evi
evi
evi
04-09-2015, 05:57 AM
(03-09-2015, 09:59 PM)hovatek
(03-09-2015, 06:47 PM)evi Hello there.. Following the instructions on how to upgrade the data storage of tecno g9 on ur YouTube video I had my phone rooted successfully however I couldn't not get my ebr files cuz I kept getting an error message from mtkdroidtools app refer to the attached image. Please I'd like to know if there's still a glimmer of hope for me in tweaking my phone to 4gb data storage. Thanks

this shouldnt affect the backup process.
you're supposed to click ROOT then Yes on PC and grant on phone. I see you havent done that.
refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-468.html

Yeah I clicked Root and okay but the error message kept returning.  There seem to be a conflict somewhere something about the kernel that's what it keeps saying.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
04-09-2015, 11:55 AM
(04-09-2015, 05:57 AM)evi  Yeah I clicked Root and okay but the error message kept returning.  There seem to be a conflict somewhere something about the kernel that's what it keeps saying.

that error message is normal in Tecno tablets but it shouldnt cripple MTK droid tools.
download MTK droid tools from a different source and try again

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
evi
evi
evi
06-09-2015, 07:56 PM

(04-09-2015, 11:55 AM)hovatek
(04-09-2015, 05:57 AM)evi  Yeah I clicked Root and okay but the error message kept returning.  There seem to be a conflict somewhere something about the kernel that's what it keeps saying.

that error message is normal in Tecno tablets but it shouldnt cripple MTK droid tools.
download MTK droid tools from a different source and try again

Okay I got through the first level  of the backup using a different version as you advised. I'm feeling lucky now... Looks like I'm getting really close... I clicked the prepare blocks for flash tool and it's a jam all over pls see images for error note... I know I'm really close please help me get there.. I tried cheating by using ebr files from the first layer of backup at the ebr tweak app. That one just boned me.. Lol.
Attached Files
.jpg
2nd layer.jpg
Size: 177.47 KB / Downloads: 5
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-09-2015, 03:34 AM
(06-09-2015, 07:56 PM)evi Okay I got through the first level  of the backup using a different version as you advised. I'm feeling lucky now... Looks like I'm getting really close... I clicked the prepare blocks for flash tool and it's a jam all over pls see images for error note... I know I'm really close please help me get there.. I tried cheating by using ebr files from the first layer of backup at the ebr tweak app. That one just boned me.. Lol.

there must be two scatter files in the backup folder. delete one of the scatter files and try again

Note!
evi
evi
evi
10-09-2015, 05:05 AM
(07-09-2015, 03:34 AM)hovatek
(06-09-2015, 07:56 PM)evi Okay I got through the first level  of the backup using a different version as you advised. I'm feeling lucky now... Looks like I'm getting really close... I clicked the prepare blocks for flash tool and it's a jam all over pls see images for error note... I know I'm really close please help me get there.. I tried cheating by using ebr files from the first layer of backup at the ebr tweak app. That one just boned me.. Lol.

there must be two scatter files in the backup folder. delete one of the scatter files and try again

I've done the level one backup about a thousand times over no scatter file anywhere.. I used different versions every time same feedback all the time...  I think I'm starting to lose faith..
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-09-2015, 08:51 AM
(10-09-2015, 05:05 AM)evi I've done the level one backup about a thousand times over no scatter file anywhere.. I used different versions every time same feedback all the time...  I think I'm starting to lose faith..

that's weird.
take a picture of all the files in the Phase 1 backup folder and let me see it
This post was last modified: 10-09-2015, 08:54 AM by hovatek.

Note!