Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android HARD BRICKED MY PHONE WHILE TRYING TO INSTALL CUSTOM RECOVERY ON IT
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

HARD BRICKED MY PHONE WHILE TRYING TO INSTALL CUSTOM RECOVERY ON IT

HARD BRICKED MY PHONE WHILE TRYING TO INSTALL CUSTOM RECOVERY ON IT

Wanamy
Wanamy
Wanamy
05-09-2015, 07:13 AM

My phone is the Infinix Hot Note X551 model. It all started after I upgraded my phone to the new lollipop XUI rom. I wanted to flash a custom recovery without having to root the phone so I opted to use SP Flash tool. It ran but in the end gave me an error and alas my phone couldn't boot up any more.
The good news though is that when I connect the phone to my computer it shows the phone as MediaTek DA USB VCOM instead of MediaTek Prealoader in the devicce manager, meaning that my phone is in META mode. I need the stock rom to flash the preloader so that I can raise my phone back to life.

Please grant me access so that I can raise my phone from the dead.

Walter.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
05-09-2015, 12:43 PM
(05-09-2015, 07:13 AM)Wanamy My phone is the Infinix Hot Note X551 model. It all started after I upgraded my phone to the new lollipop XUI rom. I wanted to flash a custom recovery without having to root the phone so I opted to use SP Flash tool. It ran but in the end gave me an error and alas my phone couldn't boot up any more.
The good news though is that when I connect the phone to my computer it shows the phone as MediaTek DA USB VCOM instead of MediaTek Prealoader in the devicce manager, meaning that my phone is in META mode. I need the stock rom to flash the preloader so that I can raise my phone back to life.

Walter.

supply a gmail address

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Wanamy
Wanamy
Wanamy
05-09-2015, 01:00 PM
(05-09-2015, 12:43 PM)hovatek
(05-09-2015, 07:13 AM)Wanamy My phone is the Infinix Hot Note X551 model. It all started after I upgraded my phone to the new lollipop XUI rom. I wanted to flash a custom recovery without having to root the phone so I opted to use SP Flash tool. It ran but in the end gave me an error and alas my phone couldn't boot up any more.

Walter.

supply a gmail address
Wanamy
Wanamy
Wanamy
05-09-2015, 01:03 PM
My Gmail address is wwanamy@gmail.com.

I have read in a post that charging can last up to 7 days before the power turns back on when connected to the PC, is this standard for all Hot Notes?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
05-09-2015, 06:49 PM

(05-09-2015, 01:03 PM)Wanamy My Gmail address is wwanamy@gmail.com.

I have read in a post that charging can last up to 7 days before the power turns back on when connected to the PC, is this standard for all Hot Notes?

charging is only required when you interrupt flashing. In such a case, taking out the battery could speed things up (refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html)
granted! download @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-533.html and flash using Sp flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.