Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android TECNO D3 HARD BRICK ISSUE
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

TECNO D3 HARD BRICK ISSUE

TECNO D3 HARD BRICK ISSUE

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
ugo.elvis
ugo.elvis
ugo.elvis
28-10-2014, 12:34 AM

Am having issue with my tecno d3, just wake up one morning to see my D3 phone totally dead, above all the phone wasn't even rooted. Then it was vibrating when switched on but PC cant recognize via usb cable. After i tried flashing in the scatter file as instructed from your site with Sp flash tool, it showed a 100% red progress bar and stopped with an error message. Then I formatted and the phone seized to vibrate ever since. Each time I want to flash in either of the preloader or the scatter file, It keep giving an error message as thus; 1. "8038 preloader fail to load. PMT is ready and layout has been changed,Please use firmware upgrade to download to avoid important data loss." 2. BROM_ ERROR;S_DL_BL_INVALID_GFH_FILE_INFO(5066) Fail to load ROM file; preloader. Please kindly direct me what to do/files to download to restore back my phone to normal. Expecting the needed help from you
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-10-2014, 10:06 AM
(28-10-2014, 12:34 AM)ugo.elvis Am having issue with my tecno d3, just wake up one morning to see my D3 phone totally dead, above all the phone wasn't even rooted. Then it was vibrating when switched on but PC cant recognize via usb cable. After i tried flashing in the scatter file as instructed from your site with Sp flash tool, it showed a 100% red progress bar and stopped with an error message. Then I formatted and the phone seized to vibrate ever since. Each time I want to flash in either of the preloader or the scatter file, It keep giving an error message as thus; 1. "8038 preloader fail to load. PMT is ready and layout has been changed,Please use firmware upgrade to download to avoid important data loss." 2. BROM_ ERROR;S_DL_BL_INVALID_GFH_FILE_INFO(5066) Fail to load ROM file; preloader. Please kindly direct me what to do/files to download to restore back my phone to normal. Expecting the needed help from you

1. do you have the MTK backup for D3?
2. what version of sp flash tool did you use?
This post was last modified: 28-10-2014, 10:07 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ugo.elvis
ugo.elvis
ugo.elvis
28-10-2014, 11:31 PM
hovatek
ugo.elvis Am having issue with my tecno d3, just wake up one morning to see my D3 phone totally dead, above all the phone wasn't even rooted. Then it was vibrating when switched on but PC cant recognize via usb cable. After i tried flashing in the scatter file as instructed from your site with Sp flash tool, it showed a 100% red progress bar and stopped with an error message. Then I formatted and the phone seized to vibrate ever since. Each time I want to flash in either of the preloader or the scatter file, It keep giving an error message as thus; 1. "8038 preloader fail to load. PMT is ready and layout has been changed,Please use firmware upgrade to download to avoid important data loss." 2. BROM_ ERROR;S_DL_BL_INVALID_GFH_FILE_INFO(5066) Fail to load ROM file; preloader. Please kindly direct me what to do/files to download to restore back my phone to normal. Expecting the needed help from you

1. do you have the MTK backup for D3?
2. what version of sp flash tool did you use?

Thanks for your prompt attention. No, don't have any MTK backup of D3. The version of the following SP FLASH TOOL used are 3.1332.0, 3.1304.119, 3.1312.0.139
ugo.elvis
ugo.elvis
ugo.elvis
29-10-2014, 12:18 AM
Also installing the USB VCOM DRIVER always end up with error code 10 "The software for this device is now installed, but may not work correctly. This device cannot start (code 10)" . Tried it more than thrice with the message
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
29-10-2014, 07:08 AM

(29-10-2014, 12:18 AM)ugo.elvis Also installing the USB VCOM DRIVER always end up with error code 10 "The software for this device is now installed, but may not work correctly. This device cannot start (code 10)" . Tried it more than thrice with the message

1. request for D3 MTK backup @ http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html and download
2. Download SP Flash tool version 5

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ugo.elvis
ugo.elvis
ugo.elvis
31-10-2014, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the mtk d3 back up. have downloaded the sp flash tool version 5 but the platform is not as the former. How do i go about flashing it in to my phone. Do i follow the former tutorial?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-11-2014, 09:29 AM
(31-10-2014, 10:09 PM)ugo.elvis Thanks for the mtk d3 back up. have downloaded the sp flash tool version 5 but the platform is not as the former. How do i go about flashing it in to my phone. Do i follow the former tutorial?

yes, it's the same procedure

Note!
ugo.elvis
ugo.elvis
ugo.elvis
02-11-2014, 10:34 AM
Have gone through the process again, this time with the SP flash tool version 5 with the backup you sent me but to no effect. The scatter file loaded smoothly on the tool without any error message as in the previous case, but upon connecting the Usb cable; the splash tool will become unresponsive to either of the Format or the Download button (NOT RESPONDING) . I tried out the scatter file with the previous versions of the SP flash tools. Again they load smoothly but they format successfully, but give either of these message upon pressing Download 1. "BROM ERROR:??(6)" 2. "SP FLASH TOOL ERROR (8038) Please use firmware Upgrade instead of Download to avoid important data lost". But the firmware/upgrade button could not work either. Please note the TOOL (old) is observing/recognizing the usb port "Mediatek usb port 23". Please whats my next action as your the only one i believe will get me out of this mess. Thanks in anticipation
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-11-2014, 11:14 AM
ugo.elvis Have gone through the process again, this time with the SP flash tool version 5 with the backup you sent me but to no effect. The scatter file loaded smoothly on the tool without any error message as in the previous case, but upon connecting the Usb cable; the splash tool will become unresponsive to either of the Format or the Download button (NOT RESPONDING) . I tried out the scatter file with the previous versions of the SP flash tools. Again they load smoothly but they format successfully, but give either of these message upon pressing Download 1. "BROM ERROR:??(6)" 2. "SP FLASH TOOL ERROR (8038) Please use firmware Upgrade instead of Download to avoid important data lost". But the firmware/upgrade button could not work either. Please note the TOOL (old) is observing/recognizing the usb port "Mediatek usb port 23". Please whats my next action as your the only one i believe will get me out of this mess. Thanks in anticipation

Ok. You'll be using SP flash tool version 3.1.3 for now 

1. Load the scatter file then give us a list of items that are ticked and also those that are unitcked (please specifiy)
2. Paste the content of your scatter file here for modding

Note!
ugo.elvis
ugo.elvis
ugo.elvis
02-11-2014, 04:36 PM

THANKS FOR PROMPT RESPONSE, EVERY OTHER PARAMETER WAS TICKED EXCEPT " SEC_RO and CACHE" which are without informations on it . HERE IS THE CONTENT OF THE SCATTER FILE = PRELOADER 0x0
{
}
DSP_BL 0x40000
{
}
__NODL_NVRAM 0x100000
{
}
__NODL_SECCFG 0x400000
{
}
UBOOT 0x420000
{
}
BOOTIMG 0x480000
{
}
RECOVERY 0x980000
{
}
SEC_RO 0xe80000
{
}
__NODL_MISC 0xfa0000
{
}
LOGO 0x1000000
{
}
__NODL_EXPDB 0x1300000
{
}
ANDROID 0x13a0000
{
}
CACHE 0x12ba0000
{
}
USRDATA 0x153a0000
{
}
__NODL_BMTPOOL 0xFFFF0050
{
}
This post was last modified: 02-11-2014, 04:40 PM by ugo.elvis. Edit Reason: OMMISSION
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next