Hovatek Forum HARDWARE Repairs Short battery life Dell Inspiron 15R 5521
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Short battery life Dell Inspiron 15R 5521

Short battery life Dell Inspiron 15R 5521

techie_28
techie_28
techie_28
11-09-2015, 10:33 AM

Hello,

I purchased a Dell Inspiron 15R 5521 in January 2014 and when I turned it on today it gave me message during the boot "Permanent Battery Failure.Press F1 to continue".
I understand I have to replace its battery but I know many other people who have relatively older laptops but still can run on battery(Samsung and Dell brands) .
Was wondering why mine had such a short life?are there any steps to prolong it?like I have heard that we should unplug the AC supply once fully charged.

Any Ideas here please?

Regards.
This post was last modified: 11-09-2015, 10:36 AM by techie_28.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-09-2015, 02:03 PM
(11-09-2015, 10:33 AM)techie_28 Hello,

I purchased a Dell Inspiron 15R 5521 in January 2014 and when I turned it on today it gave me message during the boot "Permanent Battery Failure.Press F1 to continue".
I understand I have to replace its battery but I know many other people who have relatively older laptops but still can run on battery(Samsung and Dell brands) .
Was wondering why mine had such a short life?are there any steps to prolong it?like I have heard that we should unplug the AC supply once fully charged.

Any Ideas here please?

Regards.

its normal for your battery to pack up after some time so don't blame yourself.
you might be a heavy user, an electrical fault might have damaged it or you might've been careless.
read the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-make...st-longer/ for Laptop battery maintenance tips

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.