Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to fix MTK or SPD bricked after interrupting flash or backup
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Tutorial] How to fix MTK or SPD bricked after interrupting flash or backup

[Tutorial] How to fix MTK or SPD bricked after interrupting flash or backup

Pages (25): 1 2 3 4 525 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-11-2014, 02:48 PM

This guide will come in handy for Mediatek (MTK) and Spreadtrum (SPD) Android device users who suddenly end up with a totally dead device that won't power up or respond to buttons (but makes a sound when connected to a PC) as a result of intentionally or unintentionally interrupting the flash or backup process. Interruption could be triggered by shaking/unplugging the USB cord or even an error popup/prompt in the tool you're using. On rare occasions, it's triggered just after a successful backup/flash using a Mediatek flash/backup tool.

What you should know about flashing or backing up MTK and SPD Android devices generally is that you shouldn't interrupt the process. If you do, the phone could go off and not come on at all. You might get the "USB device not recognized" error on further attempts. If somehow, the process got interrupted and you now have a totally dead phone on your hands, don't panic. All you need to do is connect the phone to a computer (via a USB cord) or power source and leave it to charge for some time. It could take between hours to even days but once the phone is revived, your battery could read as low as 1%. just leave it to keep charging before powering it up. 

Tips to speed up reviving your phone

1. Take out and re-insert the battery then try powering on (this is the quickest approach)
  2. Hold the Power + Volume down buttons till the device boots
  3. Disconnect/take out the battery > Connect the phone to a charger without the battery inside > Slot in the battery while the phone is still connected to the charger  > Press the power button
  4. You could keep pressing the Volume up + Power button while charging
  5. If your device has an inbuilt battery then hold down the power button, connect the device to a power source (charger) and wait till the phone comes up
  6. You could remove and boost the battery using a desktop / external charger then resume internal charging.
  7. Uninstall then re-install MTK preloader vcom drivers or SCI drivers for SPD

Other Techniques

(04-03-2021, 02:41 PM)Sandeepth   I thought this might help people who are stuck with hanged/bricked device due to interrupted flashing and dont want to wait too long for battery discharge.
  Recently I was trying to backup firmware on my infinix X690 mtk device which got interrupted.. later device was not detected in the PC . shows unknown device . nothing works and only solution was to disconnect the battery by opening the device or wait for the battery to discharge completely . it might take weeks before it drains completely as its consuming very less power in this state . also who wants to open their new handsets .. right ?
  I waited for a week . charging continuously to check if its restarted but it never happened . I also read in this forum that one guy waited 21 days but battery didn't drain . we have 6000mah battery phones these days . I got impatient .. how can I drain the battery quickly when its bricked ?

all We have is usb port to access the damn battery .. why not check if there is a power in any four points of the micro-usb port of the device ?
    Bingo! in this bricked state its data pin which is third pin in the micro-usb port was oosing power .
now get a spare micro-usb cable .. they are pretty cheap these days . cut it in the middle . we only need green wire which has power and black which is ground .
        attach two small leds to it . I could attach only two . as we have a limited current and more load will cause break the circuit  .
This is our power drain circuit . connect micro-usb to the device . if leds are glowing you are done . this might still take take one or two or three days depending on the battery power state. but now you know that its draining faster. you don't even need to touch the device as long as leds are glowing . after some time you will see leds are fading and soon they will switch off . battery drained successfully !
connect the charger . it will start charging from 0% . 
we are done .
this method is safe and doesn't require any special tools or things . for leds we can use leds from led bulbs as well if not available .
at least you have the idea now .
            Cheers !!
      WHEN BACKING PRELOADER SELECT REGION EMMC_USER AND NOT EBOOT IN SPFLASH TOOL .. IT WILL CAUSE BRICK IN LATEST MTK SECUREBOOT DEVICES .
      LATEST WWR MTK TOOL CAN EXTRACT PRELOAER.BIN FROM EMMC_USER REGION PRELOADER DUMP SAFELY .
This post was last modified: 12-11-2023, 02:28 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
samuelzion
samuelzion
samuelzion
Techie Member
06-11-2014, 03:17 PM
hovat This guide is for MTK devices like Tecno, Gionee, Micromax, Infinix, Opsson, etc

If you dont know how to flash files using SP flash tool, follow this guide @ http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html

If you wish to do a read back / ROM dump using Sp flash tool, follow this guide @ http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-526.html

What you should know about SP flash tool is that you shouldn't interrupt a flash or read back process. If you do, the phone will go off and not come on at all. If somehow, the process got interrupted and you now have a totally dead phone on your hands, don't panic. All you need to do is connect the phone to a computer (via a USB cord) or power source and leave it to charge for some time. It could take up to two hours but once the phone is revived, your battery could read as low as 1% . just leave it to keep charging before powering it up

I will do that now. Thank you so very much for this help
oladejip
oladejip
oladejip
09-11-2014, 05:02 PM
. Just got my tecno P9 and was in the process of rooting to partition app space and though I was afraid initially but with the attention I got from hovatec I went on. Just using SP flash tool for read back/flashing I accidentally disconnected my P9. That was about 5 day ago. The phone went dead and hovatec asked me to keep charging. Today after charging I just tried to start it again and it came on with 3%. my phone came back to life again today and I am willing to continue the process and with more care this time. Just think I should put this here to encourage someone not to panic
kennykendo
kennykendo
kennykendo
22-11-2014, 01:08 PM
This method really worked for me my infinix zero bricked cos of an spflashtool error..... Just connect d dead fine to PC and live it to chardge
Mine was dead for a whole week just revived it yesterday
tlord
tlord
tlord
03-12-2014, 07:46 PM

what of d phone that is brick and did not on agin due to sp flash tool error
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-12-2014, 10:08 PM
tlord what of d phone that is brick and did not on agin due to sp flash tool error

dont understand you. please, explain more

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Bulkenn
Bulkenn
Bulkenn
Enthusiastic Member
02-02-2015, 04:39 PM
I've been charging the phone for more than 5 hrs now. Is there a reason its not on yet?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-02-2015, 04:44 PM
(02-02-2015, 04:39 PM)Bulkenn I've been charging the phone for more than 5 hrs now. Is there a reason its not on yet?

if the battery is removable then try using a desktop charger to boost. else, try charging with a PC then switch to wall charger and switch again at 1 hour interval

Note!
Bulkenn
Bulkenn
Bulkenn
Enthusiastic Member
02-02-2015, 05:45 PM
Thanks, ill try that. So apart from charging, is there no other way to turn it on?
Bulkenn
Bulkenn
Bulkenn
Enthusiastic Member
02-02-2015, 05:52 PM

Oh, and it's an Infinix Zero X506.
Pages (25): 1 2 3 4 525 Next