Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Downloads] HELP!! MY PHONE WON'T BOOT AFTER I TRIED FLASHING WITH SP FLASH TOOL!!!!
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Downloads] HELP!! MY PHONE WON'T BOOT AFTER I TRIED FLASHING WITH SP FLASH TOOL!!!!

[Downloads] HELP!! MY PHONE WON'T BOOT AFTER I TRIED FLASHING WITH SP FLASH TOOL!!!!

Denosjours
Denosjours
Denosjours
Enthusiastic Member
17-09-2015, 02:21 PM

I use a Tecno P5 android phone (the old version 4.2.2, Kernel 3.6.5). The phone has always been having glitches due to the size of the RAM (about 460MB). Usually, whenever I run several apps simultaneously, the RAM will be used up and the phone would start to 'hang'. The solution has always been to free some RAM by clearing apps running in background (using a Task killer), or - in extreme cases - restart the phone! I had one such extreme situation about two weeks back so I had to do a restart. The phone shut down alright but got stuck at the Tecno logo (white) while rebooting. I got impatient after a while so I took out the battery. Since then, the phone got into a boot up loop of getting stuck at the white Tecno logo, staying that way for a while, then rebooting itself and repeating the process all over again - endlessly! Unless I take out the battery. It even starts itself - into the endless loop obviously - whenever I plug it into a power source to charge.

Some days ago I heard about SP Flash Tool so I decided to check it out. At this point, I think it is pertinent to mention that I'm quite efficient in the software servicing and repairs of practically all kinds of mobile devices (Nokia: S40, S60 v3 & v5, Belle; Blackberry OS 5, 7 & 10; iOS; Lumia, Windows & Win-droid; and of course Android OS). During the download (in SP Flash Tool), I got an error: 'PMT changed for the ROM it must be downloaded'. I 'googled' the error and discovered I needed to install VCOM Drivers, which I did. I tried again after the installation and I got a different error: 'BROM ERROR : S_FT_FORMAT_FAIL', which I also googled. That's how I discovered Hovatek (in the search results). I downloaded and watched your video guide on how to use SP Flash Tool. Then I visited the forum and registered. The thing now is that after my first attempt to flash the phone with SP Flash Tool, the phone no longer shows any sign of life at all! After my registration, I searched the forum and found the thread on how to fix a totally dead MTK Android phone, which took me to another thread on a collection of Tecno stock ROMs, ultimately resulting in this thread.

I wish to request permission to download the old Tecno P5 stock ROM. I also wish to request for further assistance from a Hovatek Rep in the event of the stock ROM not solving the problem. I would really, really appreciate it if my case is attended to as quickly as possible because the phone in question happens to be my main phone so I haven't been online for weeks now!! As a matter of fact, I'm writing this on my brother's PC - the same PC I've been using the SP Flash Tool on.

Thanks Hovatek for at least reviving my fading hope on the feasibility of my P5 being usable again! (Y)
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-09-2015, 04:37 PM
(17-09-2015, 02:21 PM)Denosjours I use a Tecno P5 android phone (the old version 4.2.2, Kernel 3.6.5). The phone has always been having glitches due to the size of the RAM (about 460MB). Usually, whenever I run several apps simultaneously, the RAM will be used up and the phone would start to 'hang'. The solution has always been to free some RAM by clearing apps running in background (using a Task killer), or - in extreme cases - restart the phone! I had one such extreme situation about two weeks back so I had to do a restart. The phone shut down alright but got stuck at the Tecno logo (white) while rebooting. I got impatient after a while so I took out the battery. Since then, the phone got into a boot up loop of getting stuck at the white Tecno logo, staying that way for a while, then rebooting itself and repeating the process all over again - endlessly! Unless I take out the battery. It even starts itself - into the endless loop obviously - whenever I plug it into a power source to charge.

Some days ago I heard about SP Flash Tool so I decided to check it out. At this point, I think it is pertinent to mention that I'm quite efficient in the software servicing and repairs of practically all kinds of mobile devices (Nokia: S40, S60 v3 & v5, Belle; Blackberry OS 5, 7 & 10; iOS; Lumia, Windows & Win-droid; and of course Android OS). During the download (in SP Flash Tool), I got an error: 'PMT changed for the ROM it must be downloaded'. I 'googled' the error and discovered I needed to install VCOM Drivers, which I did. I tried again after the installation  and I got a different error: 'BROM ERROR : S_FT_FORMAT_FAIL', which I also googled. That's how I discovered Hovatek (in the search results). I downloaded and watched your video guide on how to use SP Flash Tool. Then I visited the forum and registered. The thing now is that after my first attempt to flash the phone with SP Flash Tool, the phone no longer shows any sign of life at all! After my registration, I searched the forum and found the thread on how to fix a totally dead MTK Android phone, which took me to another thread on a collection of Tecno stock ROMs, ultimately resulting in this thread.

I wish to request permission to download the old Tecno P5 stock ROM. I also wish to request for further assistance from a Hovatek Rep in the event of the stock ROM not solving the problem. I would really, really appreciate it if my case is attended to as quickly as possible because the phone in question happens to be my main phone so I haven't been online for weeks now!! As a matter of fact, I'm writing this on my brother's PC - the same PC I've been using the SP Flash Tool on.

Thanks Hovatek for at least reviving my fading hope on the feasibility of my P5 being usable again! (Y)

from your description. the phone is not an Old OS Tecno P5. Its actually a new OS P5 (refer to the pics @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html) due to the white TECNO logo. its better to start by flashing the New OS P5 ROM.
supply a gmail address

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Denosjours
Denosjours
Denosjours
Enthusiastic Member
17-09-2015, 05:24 PM
My email address is denosjours12@gmail.com I'll check out the thread immediately. Thanks for the info (never knew the P5 runs on a new OS).
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-09-2015, 08:42 PM
(17-09-2015, 05:24 PM)Denosjours My email address is denosjours12@gmail.com I'll check out the thread immediately. Thanks for the info (never knew the P5 runs on a new OS).

granted! download @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html and flash using Sp flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Denosjours
Denosjours
Denosjours
Enthusiastic Member
19-09-2015, 02:36 AM

(17-09-2015, 08:42 PM)hovatek
(17-09-2015, 05:24 PM)Denosjours My email address is denosjours12@gmail.com I'll check out the thread immediately. Thanks for the info (never knew the P5 runs on a new OS).

granted! download @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html and flash using Sp flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html

I've downloaded and extracted it. But I keep getting errors with SP Flash Tool!! I'm using the latest version (SP-Flash-Tool-v5.1532.00), perhaps there's a specific version for my P5??!
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-09-2015, 11:17 AM
(19-09-2015, 02:36 AM)Denosjours I've downloaded and extracted it. But I keep getting errors with SP Flash Tool!! I'm using the latest version (SP-Flash-Tool-v5.1532.00), perhaps there's a specific version for my P5??!

what's the exact error code and the hint at the bottom?

Note!
Denosjours
Denosjours
Denosjours
Enthusiastic Member
20-09-2015, 11:04 PM
(19-09-2015, 11:17 AM)hovatek
(19-09-2015, 02:36 AM)Denosjours I've downloaded and extracted it. But I keep getting errors with SP Flash Tool!! I'm using the latest version (SP-Flash-Tool-v5.1532.00), perhaps there's a specific version for my P5??!

what's the exact error code and the hint at the bottom?
Here it is :

"BROM ERROR: S_FT_DOWNLOAD_FAIL (4008)
Download to flash fail! Please press Ctrl + Alt + T to turn on debug log then reproduce again!
[HINT]:
BROM_DLLV5.log and BROM_DLL.log would be created and record more detail information" Huh
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-09-2015, 12:08 PM
(20-09-2015, 11:04 PM)Denosjours Here it is :

"BROM ERROR: S_FT_DOWNLOAD_FAIL (4008)
Download to flash fail! Please press Ctrl + Alt + T to turn on debug log then reproduce again!
[HINT]:
BROM_DLLV5.log and BROM_DLL.log would be created and record more detail information" Huh

* change the port and usb cord you're using.
* ensure the phone is switched off with a battery inside and do not hold any button when connecting
* try another PC (preferably Windows 7) if it persists

refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html

Note!