Can't mount /system!

(11-09-2014, 04:50 PM)JayJagz Wrote: SD Card space free: 1830MB
Backing up boot image...
Backup of boot image completed.
Backing up recovery image...
Backup of recovery image completed.
Backing up system...
Can't mount /system!

change from carliv touch recovery back to Clockworkmod recovery 5 using this guide @ http://forum.hovatek.com/thread-468.html then try backing up again... waiting....
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
I can't change from Carliv Touch Recovery to Clockworkmode since the phone is not booting into main menu, unless there is a flashable zip that i can flash it with CTR but i have MTK backup with me
JayJagz Wrote:I can't change from Carliv Touch Recovery to Clockworkmode since the phone is not booting into main menu, unless there is a flashable zip that i can flash it with CTR but i have MTK backup with me
if the phone can boot into carliv touch recovery then it can get detected by MTK droid tools and you can flash clockworkmod recovery to the phone. just follow the guide
hovat Wrote:
JayJagz Wrote:I can't change from Carliv Touch Recovery to Clockworkmode since the phone is not booting into main menu, unless there is a flashable zip that i can flash it with CTR but i have MTK backup with me
if the phone can boot into carliv touch recovery then it can get detected by MTK droid tools and you can flash clockworkmod recovery to the phone. just follow the guide
MTK droid tool detect the phone but shows error in phone information, please check screenchot i upload

Attached Files
.jpg   Scnsht.jpg (Size: 93.88 KB / Downloads: 1)

.jpg   Scnsht.jpg (Size: 93.88 KB / Downloads: 2)  hovatek

MTK droid tool detect the phone but shows error in phone information, please check screenchot i upload
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2014, 03:09 PM by hovatek. )
(11-11-2014, 12:46 PM)JayJagz Wrote: MTK droid tool detect the phone but shows error in phone information, please check screenchot i upload

ok. that must mean the phone is bricked at the moment. If this is true then you'll need to reflash only system.img (Android) in sp flash tool. please, list the files in your MTK backup before you proceed.
boot
EBR1
EBR2
lk
logo
MBR
MT6572_Adriod_scatter
Preloader
recovery
secro
system
JayJagz Wrote:boot
EBR1
EBR2
lk
logo
MBR
MT6572_Adriod_scatter
Preloader
recovery
secro
system
alright. shouldnt be much of a problem here. Flash only Android (system.img) in SP Flash tool using this guide @ http://forum.hovatek.com/thread-159.html
SP tool bar not loading at all, i tried it several times with different PC with two versions of SP tool "v3.1332 and v5.1352.01", please help me out , i have loosed hope in getting the phone back to life.