Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android LINK2SD APP
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

LINK2SD APP

LINK2SD APP

SantaEkan
SantaEkan
SantaEkan
Enthusiastic Member
12-11-2014, 10:44 AM

Good day all,

I installed Link2sd app on my rooted Tecno N3 (android 2.3.6) smartphone, so as to address the issue of low internal memory. However, I encountered so issues recently: I was unable to link the internal data of some apps (notably Twitter, Whatsapp, BBM and UC Browser). In the past, I was able to do so for this apps but after uninstalling these apps in order to install their new versions, I got this error message (this is for UC browser):

Failure
can't stat '/data/sdext2/data/com.UCMobile.intl/UCMobile/app_external/tab':I/O error [1] Segmentation fault/data/data/com.b.....

I will appreciate any assistance in resolving this issue.

Thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-11-2014, 12:30 PM
(12-11-2014, 10:44 AM)SantaEkan Good day all,

I installed Link2sd app on my rooted Tecno N3 (android 2.3.6) smartphone, so as to address the issue of low internal memory. However, I encountered so issues recently: I was unable to link the internal data of some apps (notably Twitter, Whatsapp, BBM and UC Browser). In the past, I was able to do so for this apps but after uninstalling these apps in order to install their new versions, I got this error message (this is for UC browser):

Failure
can't stat '/data/sdext2/data/com.UCMobile.intl/UCMobile/app_external/tab':I/O error [1] Segmentation fault/data/data/com.b.....

Thanks

did you partition your SD card?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
SantaEkan
SantaEkan
SantaEkan
Enthusiastic Member
13-11-2014, 12:35 PM
 hova
SantaEkan Good day all,

Failure

Thanks

did you partition your SD card?

Yes, I did.
This post was last modified: 13-11-2014, 12:35 PM by SantaEkan.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-11-2014, 01:05 PM
 SantaE Yes, I did.

unpartition the sd card (see  http://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-parti...n-windows/ ) , uninstall link2sd then start all over

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
SantaEkan
SantaEkan
SantaEkan
Enthusiastic Member
15-11-2014, 09:25 AM

(13-11-2014, 01:05 PM)hovatek
 SantaE Yes, I did.

unpartition the sd card (see  http://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-parti...n-windows/ ) , uninstall link2sd then start all over

So, I decided to unpartition my sd card and uninstall Link2sd, in order to do a fresh partition and vice-versa. So while using the wizard, I selected the option of "Wipe partition". But now, I found out that I am unable to partition the sd card again. Each time, I try doing so, the sd card is no longer recognised on my PC and the mesage "damaged sd card" is displayed on my phone. For now, I am able to re-format the sd card and use as a mass storage but unable to partition it.

Kindly assist.

Thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-11-2014, 11:19 AM
(15-11-2014, 09:25 AM)SantaEkan
(13-11-2014, 01:05 PM)hovatek
 SantaE Yes, I did.

So, I decided to unpartition my sd card and uninstall Link2sd, in order to do a fresh partition and vice-versa. So while using the wizard, I selected the option of "Wipe partition". But now, I found out that I am unable to partition the sd card again. Each time, I try doing so, the sd card is no longer recognised on my PC and the mesage "damaged sd card" is displayed on my phone. For now, I am able to re-format the sd card and use as a mass storage but unable to partition it.

Kindly assist.

Thanks

1. what error exactly do you get when trying to partition
2. are you trying to partition using link2sd or PC?
3. did you format the memory card as FAT or NTFS?

Note!
SantaEkan
SantaEkan
SantaEkan
Enthusiastic Member
15-11-2014, 03:06 PM
hovat
SantaEkan
hovatek
   SantaEka Yes, I did.

So, I decided to unpartition my sd card and uninstall Link2sd, in order to do a fresh  partition and vice-versa. So while using the wizard, I selected the option of "Wipe partition". But now, I found out that I am unable to partition the sd card again. Each time, I try doing so, the sd card is no longer recognised on my PC and the mesage "damaged sd card" is displayed on my phone. For now, I am able to re-format the sd card and use as a mass storage but unable to partition it.

Kindly assist.

Thanks

1. what error exactly do you get when trying to partition
2. are you trying to partition using link2sd or PC?
3. did you format the memory card as FAT or NTFS?

Thanks for response. I did the partition using minitool partition wizard on pc. I formatted the sd card as NTFS before trying to create FAT32 and ext2 partitions. But what happens is that the labels of these partitions disappear upon creation. However, I think I went about the process wrongly. I will get back to you.