Hi, Guest! Login / Register
Giveaway: Free Hovatek T-shirts, Hoodies & Cufflinks.. I WANT ONE! (Nov 25, 2017)
Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.8 Average

[Tutorial] How to manually install Spreadtrum USB drivers on a Windows PC

(09-27-2015, 05:41 PM)hovatek Wrote:
(09-27-2015, 12:23 PM)Bibson Wrote: Adb install successful with 4 files copied.
Installing Spreadtrum driver is my challenge.
After following all procedure outline I get The following response :
"The following hardware was not installed :
An error occurred during the installation of the device.
Driver is not intended for this platform.

1. what OS is your PC running on?
2. did you select the correct .inf for your PC

I am using a windows 8 64bit.

(01-04-2016, 01:40 PM)Bibson Wrote: I am using a windows 8 64bit.

use Windows 7 instead
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2016, 11:43 AM by John-VEG. )
(01-02-2016, 09:27 PM)hovatek Wrote:
(01-02-2016, 11:31 AM)John-VEG Wrote: As if no. See image attached, where "В указанном месте отсутствуют сведения об оборудовании" is written. Which probably means "There aren't any information about the equipment in the place specified".

Try using a Windows 7 PC

It'll take much time for me. Instead I found that VIDTongueID of my phone  (1782:4002) are absent in the listing of the sprd_u2s_diag.inf and others.
Stuck at part 10b Spreadtrum Drivers > google-usb_driver > android_winusb.inf not installed. An error occurred during the installation of the device. Data of this type is not supported. Apart from that part I'm able to set adb and install the other drivers. Another thing is that I can't find the There is no C: / Users/your-user-directory/.android/adb_usb.ini after installing the spreadtrum drivers. Help
Stuck at part 10b Spreadtrum Drivers > google-usb_driver > android_winusb.inf not installed. An error occurred during the installation of the device. Data of this type is not supported. Apart from that part I'm able to set adb and install the other drivers. Another thing is that I can't find the There is no C: / Users/your-user-directory/.android/adb_usb.ini after installing the spreadtrum drivers. Help running on Windows 8.1 64 bit
(01-21-2016, 07:56 PM)Samwanjeri Wrote: Stuck at part 10b Spreadtrum Drivers > google-usb_driver > android_winusb.inf not installed. An error occurred during the installation of the device. Data of this type is not supported. Apart from that part I'm able to set adb and install the other drivers. Another thing is that I can't find the There is no C: / Users/your-user-directory/.android/adb_usb.ini after installing the spreadtrum drivers. Help

Use a different PC ( Windows 7)
Out of reach at the moment. Is it possible to install both Windows 8.1 and 7 on my 64 bit laptop?

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek mobile
Got a Windows 7 laptop but it's 32bit and the Google usb drivers that refused to install on my windows 8 seem to be 64 bit. The same error on Windows 7

(01-22-2016, 03:11 PM)Samwanjeri Wrote: Got a Windows 7 laptop but it's 32bit and the Google usb drivers that refused to install on my windows 8 seem to be 64 bit. The same error on Windows 7

Install only the SCI drivers
Followed the steps carefully and got "An error occured during the installation of the device.

Driver is not intended for this platform"

got same response on Windows 10 and 7

Please help!

Attached Files
.jpg   Screen.jpg (Size: 148.67 KB / Downloads: 3)