Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Bricked Tecno P5.Kindly help.
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Bricked Tecno P5.Kindly help.

Bricked Tecno P5.Kindly help.

Sherly M
Sherly M
Sherly M
Enthusiastic Member
13-11-2014, 07:30 PM

Am really grateful for the tecno p5 MTK backup ROM you shared with me. I downloaded it, flashed it and the phone got OK. But then I saw and downloaded the Keslars ROM for the same phone so that i upgrade it to that version 4.2.9 but on installing a flash tool and loading the recovery image I had downloaded, it asked I reboot the phone which I did but since then it doesn't go beyond tecno logo. Then it keeps restarting when I connect it to pc with a USB cable, it does not go into its recovery anymore and when I connect it to a PC, flash tool keeps losing the connection every time the phone restart and flashing another ROM seems impossible because of that restarting which results to loss of communication with SP Flash Tool. But I can access the normal and fast boot options screen. If there is anything I can do from there to resurrect this phone kindly help. Am hopeless and would really appreciate your help. Thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-11-2014, 10:13 PM
Sherly M Am really grateful for the tecno p5 MTK backup ROM you shared with me. I downloaded it, flashed it and the phone got OK. But then I saw and downloaded the Keslars ROM for the same phone so that i upgrade it to that version 4.2.9 but on installing a flash tool and loading the recovery image I had downloaded, it asked I reboot the phone which I did but since then it doesn't go beyond tecno logo. Then it keeps restarting when I connect it to pc with a USB cable, it does not go into its recovery anymore and when I connect it to a PC, flash tool keeps losing the connection every time the phone restart and flashing another ROM seems impossible because of that restarting which results to loss of communication with SP Flash Tool. But I can access the normal and fast boot options screen. If there is anything I can do from there to resurrect this phone kindly help. Am hopeless and would really appreciate your help. Thanks
1. Describe in detail how exactly did you enter Fastboot and what you see when in fastboot
2. Is ADB-Fastboot setup on your PC? if not, follow this guide @ http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-588.html  to setup
3. Do you still have the P5 MTK backup?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Sherly M
Sherly M
Sherly M
Enthusiastic Member
14-11-2014, 04:27 AM
I had my phone rooted earlier so i downloaded the recovery tool 2.0.3 and installed it.
I downloaded tecno p5 recovery image and put it in SD card(not inside any folder).
I opened recovery tool,selected flash recovery and selected the recovery image in SD card.
It asked for a reboot which i accepted,it went off and started again, displayed tecno logo and restarted again and again and again.
Its is only displaying logo,cant enter its own recovery again when i press volume up + power keys,but its showing up the select boot mode options screen instead.
Sherly M
Sherly M
Sherly M
Enthusiastic Member
14-11-2014, 04:47 AM
I gets into fast boot mode by pressingVol up + power keys and selecting the fast boot from the options displayed.And yess i still have the MTK back up.Thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-11-2014, 10:30 AM

(14-11-2014, 04:47 AM)Sherly M I gets into fast boot mode by pressingVol up + power keys and selecting the fast boot from the options displayed.And yess i still have the MTK back up.Thanks

you flashed Clockworkmod recovery using the wrong method which means you didn't read the tutorial properly. boot the phone into boot mode and flash Clockworkmod recovery to the phone using this guide @ http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-455.html

If that doesn't work then you'll need to flash the stock recovery image in the MTK backup to the phone using fastboot

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
herrlekan
herrlekan
herrlekan
22-11-2014, 11:29 AM
hovat
Sherly M I gets into fast boot mode by pressingVol up + power keys and selecting the fast boot from the options displayed.And yess i still have the MTK back up.Thanks

you flashed Clockworkmod recovery using the wrong method which means you didn't read the tutorial properly. boot the phone into boot mode and flash Clockworkmod recovery to the phone using this guide @ http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-455.html

If that doesn't work then you'll need to flash the stock recovery image in the MTK backup to the phone using fastboot

My Tecno p5 not booting, pls help
herrlekan
herrlekan
herrlekan
22-11-2014, 11:40 AM
I need permission to download Tecno p5 mtk droid tool backup stock rom to unbrick my phone,thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-11-2014, 12:40 PM
(22-11-2014, 11:29 AM)herrlekan My Tecno p5 not booting, pls help

please, create a new thread by clicking https://www.hovatek.com/forum/newthread.php?fid=4

Note!