Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] My MTN Sm@rt 720i Won't Boot After I Changed Font
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] My MTN Sm@rt 720i Won't Boot After I Changed Font

[Please help] My MTN Sm@rt 720i Won't Boot After I Changed Font

Dhannyluv
Dhannyluv
Dhannyluv
Enthusiastic Member
23-09-2015, 07:35 AM

I suppose I wanted to make my phone more customized, didn't know I was on the edge of bricking it. I wanted to change its font to italics. I googled it and found an app, "HiFont" which I downloaded and installed. I had some cool bold italics font (in .ttf format) that I was using with my blackberry curve 7 before that I loved. So I installed them using the "HiFont" app.

Truth is, I had installed Segeo UI bold italics.ttf successfully with the app and I had been using it. But I thought it was too simple so I went ahead to install Georgia Bold Italics.ttf. That was when the problem started. Since the app would restart the phone after installing the font, but this time I noticed that the MTN sound did not finish, then it stuck on boot (on the MTN logo). I removed the batter and re-inserted it but it still did the same.
I even went to the bootloader (volume up + power key), clicked on factory reset and it showed reset successful. But still stuck on bootloop.
PHONE DETAILS: Sorry I can't tell you more than it's MTN Sm@rt 720i running on 4.2.2 since I can't go pass bootloop.
NB: It was a rooted phone. Rooted with vRoot. Still on MTK though, not Cyanmod

* Please I kindly request for the permission to download MTN Sm@rt 720i Stock Backup.

MY GMAIL: danielsonoiki@gmail.com
This post was last modified: 23-09-2015, 08:19 AM by Dhannyluv. Edit Reason: Needed to add few phone details
Dhannyluv
Dhannyluv
Dhannyluv
Enthusiastic Member
23-09-2015, 08:12 AM
And yes. It was running on 4.2.2 MTK not CM
Dhannyluv
Dhannyluv
Dhannyluv
Enthusiastic Member
23-09-2015, 10:23 AM
Please any Admin to help me? Let me know if I still have hope
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-09-2015, 04:08 PM
(23-09-2015, 07:35 AM)Dhannyluv I suppose I wanted to make my phone more customized, didn't know I was on the edge of bricking it. I wanted to change its font to italics. I googled it and found an app, "HiFont" which I downloaded and installed. I had some cool bold italics font (in .ttf format) that I was using with my blackberry curve 7 before that I loved. So I installed them using the "HiFont" app.

Truth is, I had installed Segeo UI bold italics.ttf successfully with the app and I had been using it. But I thought it was too simple so I went ahead to install Georgia Bold Italics.ttf. That was when the problem started. Since the app would restart the phone after installing the font, but this time I noticed that the MTN sound did not finish, then it stuck on boot (on the MTN logo). I removed the batter and re-inserted it but it still did the same.
I even went to the bootloader (volume up + power key), clicked on factory reset and it showed reset successful. But still stuck on bootloop.
PHONE DETAILS: Sorry I can't tell you more than it's MTN Sm@rt 720i running on 4.2.2 since I can't go pass bootloop.
NB: It was a rooted phone. Rooted with vRoot. Still on MTK though, not Cyanmod

* Please I kindly request for the permission to download MTN Sm@rt 720i Stock Backup.

MY GMAIL: danielsonoiki@gmail.com

the easiest fix is to use Auto Font Unbricker @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-1063.html
if you wish to use the Stock ROM method then:
granted! download @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-1818.html and flash system.img (Android) using Sp flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html
This post was last modified: 23-09-2015, 04:09 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Dhannyluv
Dhannyluv
Dhannyluv
Enthusiastic Member
24-09-2015, 02:55 PM

Thank you for the reply. I have downloaded and done according to your tutorials. After I used the sp flash tool, it was successfully flashed. But my phone is still stucked at the MTN logo on boot (for over 20mins). Please what can I do?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-09-2015, 08:20 PM
(24-09-2015, 02:55 PM)Dhannyluv Thank you for the reply. I have downloaded and done according to your tutorials. After I used the sp flash tool, it was successfully flashed. But my phone is still stucked at the MTN logo on boot (for over 20mins). Please what can I do?

do a factory reset in recovery mode

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Dhannyluv
Dhannyluv
Dhannyluv
Enthusiastic Member
24-09-2015, 11:34 PM
Wow! Working perfectly. Thanks a bunch. You guys rock!