Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

tecno m5 bricked solution please

My phone get stock after displaying the tecno logo.. And have tried bringing it back using the cwm but it's still not working.. perhaps even worsen because the phone doesn't make little boot sound like before. Please help me God bless

(11-17-2014, 02:18 AM)highbee Wrote: My phone get stock after displaying the tecno logo.. And have tried bringing it back using the cwm but it's still not working.. perhaps even worsen because the phone doesn't make little boot sound like before. Please help me God bless

was it rooted and what were you doing before it got bricked?
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
The phone wasn't rooted.. Was trying to install a font
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2014, 04:25 PM by hovatek. )
(11-17-2014, 01:59 PM)highbee Wrote: The phone wasn't rooted.. Was trying to install a font

were you asked to reboot the phone after installing the font? and was that when the phone got stuck?
Exactly sir
Exactly sir
highbee Wrote:Exactly sir

download CWM recovery image for M5 @ http://forum.hovatek.com/thread-75.html then flash it to your phone using SP flash tool @ http://forum.hovatek.com/thread-159.html

...waiting...
Sorry do i also need mtk backup file for the phone?
(11-18-2014, 08:10 AM)highbee Wrote: Sorry do i also need mtk backup file for the phone?

CWM backup will be just fine. flash Clockworkmod recovery to the phone first then you can download the CWM backup
Now the phone is on clockworkmod.. I tried using sp tool in formating the phone but there's no sign of connection.