Hi, Guest! Login / Register
Giveaway: Free Hovatek T-shirts, Hoodies & Cufflinks.. I WANT ONE! (Nov 25, 2017)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Bricked Tecno H5

(11-18-2014, 04:25 PM)joe Wrote: i tried both methods and none worked. When i tried flashing cwm, i got the following message: connect to device ERROR:do not install utils connect to device ERROR....TotalBytesPerChunkNOt Found Set default page/spare=2048/64!!! Unknown ROM structure, backup not possible! ATTENTION! Recovery doesnt suit this phone! When i flashed the cwm recovery image in the second procedure, sp flash completed download but the phone still doesnt get past the tecno logo

the recovery image isn't supposed to unbrick the phone, just to help you boot into Clockworkmod recovery. now, try booting the phone into recovery mode and let's know if it boots into Clockworkmod recovery

Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
i tried it but when i hit the back up button on mtk droid tools, it shows a progress bar and when it completes i cannot find the back up folder in the mtk droid tools folder. I also get an error saying do not install utils, is that normal?
btw, when i try to restore factory settings in recovery, i get a mount error. What could be wrong?
(11-18-2014, 08:01 PM)joe Wrote: btw, when i try to restore factory settings in recovery, i get a mount error. What could be wrong?

that's not difficult to fix. is your recovery mode stock recovery or Clockworkmod recovery?
its stock recovery. What about the issue when trying to flash cwm?
its stock recovery
joe Wrote:its stock recovery
which of the two methods for flashing CWM recovery have you tried?
i tried creating the recovery image and flashed it with sp flash, but when i hit the back up button on mtk droid tools, it shows a progress bar and when it completes i cannot find the back up folder in the mtk droid tools folder. I also get an error saying do not install utils, is that normal?
joe Wrote:i tried creating the recovery image and  flashed it with sp flash, but when i hit the back up button on mtk droid tools, it shows a progress bar and when it completes i cannot find the back up folder in the mtk droid tools folder. I also get an error saying do not install utils, is that normal?

seems you're mixing the steps up. after you created the cwm recovery image using the stock boot and recovery images, and flashed it to the phone using Sp flash tool, was the phone able to boot into clockworkmod recovery?
it doesnt. it tells me that recovery is not suitable for my phone