Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Free Hovatek T-shirts! We would like to know your size...see our blog post (March 26, 2017)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bricked Tecno H5

Hey guys. I bricke dmy tecno h5 while trying to install chainfire 3d. It was totally dead but after following your guide, it finally powered on. However, it will not go beyond the tecno logo and i have tried following your guide again but to no avail. what should i do now?? Thanks

(This post was last modified:11-17-2014, 12:43 PM by hovatek. )
(11-17-2014, 10:31 AM)joe Wrote: Hey guys. I bricke dmy tecno h5 while trying to install chainfire 3d. It was totally dead but after following your guide, it finally powered on. However, it will not go beyond the tecno logo and i have tried following your guide again but to no avail. what should i do now?? Thanks

1. have you tried formatting the memory card and rebooting
2. Have you tried a factory reset?
if neither works then you'll need to flash CWM recovery to the phone then flash CWM backup for h5 (go request for permission) .
i have tried all of the above. how can i flash cwm recovery on a bricked phone?
(11-17-2014, 02:28 PM)joe Wrote: i have tried all of the above. how can i flash cwm recovery on a bricked phone?

boot into factory mode (volume down + power button) then follow this guide @ http://forum.hovatek.com/thread-455.html
is there any other option apart from flashing cwm??
(11-17-2014, 03:26 PM)joe Wrote: is there any other option apart from flashing cwm??

1. flash another h5 MTK backup
2. flash system.ext4.tar in CWM backup using SP flash tool
3. flash CWM recovery then flash a custom ROM
(11-17-2014, 03:26 PM)joe Wrote: is there any other option apart from flashing cwm??

1. flash another h5 MTK backup
2. flash system.ext4.tar in CWM backup using SP flash tool
3. flash CWM recovery then flash a custom ROM
that is going to be impossible since i cannot get my hands on another h5
(11-17-2014, 05:47 PM)joe Wrote: that is going to be impossible since i cannot get my hands on another h5

your next option then is to flash Clockworkmod recovery to your phone. you have two methods
1. boot into factory mode (volume down + power) then use this method @ http://forum.hovatek.com/thread-455.html
2. create Clockworkmod recovery image using this method @ http://forum.hovatek.com/thread-587.html then flash the recovery image using SP flash tool
i tried both methods and none worked. When i tried flashing cwm, i got the following message: connect to device ERROR:do not install utils connect to device ERROR....TotalBytesPerChunkNOt Found Set default page/spare=2048/64!!! Unknown ROM structure, backup not possible! ATTENTION! Recovery doesnt suit this phone! When i flashed the cwm recovery image in the second procedure, sp flash completed download but the phone still doesnt get past the tecno logo