Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Super-bricked Tecno N7
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Super-bricked Tecno N7

Super-bricked Tecno N7

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
Story
Story
Story
17-11-2014, 08:38 PM

Hello.

I have a super-bricked Tecno N7. at first, it was vibrating and won't come on. (the vibration doesn't stop until you remove the battery then place it back). I tried tried following some of the steps I saw on your webpage by downloading MDT VCOM drivers, Scatter files, MDT tools, etc. I still can't fix it.

I called it super-bricked because the situation is more worse now - it is neither vibrating nor coming on anymore (more like the phone is lifeless).

I think I haven't really gotten how to install the MDT VCOM drivers clearly too. because after its installation, I receiveded a message that the installation was successful, but that the device may not function properly (it says there's one code 10 error or something). I've tried uninstalling using USBDeviewer and re-installing severally but to no avail. I'll appreciate it if I can be taken through a well detailed steps/methods on how to go about fixing the phone once again. I don't mind being given detailed instructions like a child.

I am looking forward to the granting of my requests.

Thank you in advance.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-11-2014, 01:29 AM
Story Hello.

I have a super-bricked Tecno N7. at first, it was vibrating and won't come on. (the vibration doesn't stop until you remove the battery then place it back). I tried tried following some of the steps I saw on your webpage by downloading MDT VCOM drivers, Scatter files, MDT tools, etc. I still can't fix it.

I called it super-bricked because the situation is more worse now - it is neither vibrating nor coming on anymore (more like the phone is lifeless).

I think I haven't really gotten how to install the MDT VCOM drivers clearly too. because after its installation, I receiveded a message that the installation was successful, but that the device may not function properly (it says there's one code 10 error or something). I've tried uninstalling using USBDeviewer and re-installing severally but to no avail. I'll appreciate it if I can be taken through a well detailed steps/methods on how to go about fixing the phone once again. I don't mind being given detailed instructions like a child.

I am looking forward to the granting of my requests.

Thank you in advance.

well, it would greatly help to know how the phone got bricked in the first place, if it was rooted, what the owner was doing before it went dead etc. The phone continuously vibrating when you slot in the battery points at a possible hardware error.
If you wish to attempt fixing the phone, then you'll need the MTK backup from a working N7 (we're yet to obtain that) .
As for the VCOM driver, its quite normal to get the error code 10. One  possible reason you might get this error is that the driver is unsigned. you could still try using sp flash tool despite this code 10 error.
At this point, you need OS files for Tecno N7 before attempting a fix

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Story
Story
Story
18-11-2014, 08:32 AM
Well, I don not know how the phone got bricked. I only picked it up from the shelf and noticed it was just vibrating but not coming on. I asked the owner and he said he does not know what's wrong with it, that was why he droped it.

As regards the N7 MTK back up, is there no other way to get it than to get a working Tecno N7? I've searched for it online but I've not been successful getiing one. All I'm seing is Tecno N7 recovery image.img. Are the two not the same thing? Or is there a way the recovery.img can be converted to the MTK back up or Stock Rom?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-11-2014, 11:35 AM
(18-11-2014, 08:32 AM)Story Well, I don not know how the phone got bricked. I only picked it up from the shelf and noticed it was just vibrating but not coming on. I asked the owner and he said he does not know what's wrong with it, that was why he droped it.

As regards the N7 MTK back up, is there no other way to get it than to get a working Tecno N7? I've searched for it online but I've not been successful getiing one. All I'm seing is Tecno N7 recovery image.img. Are the two not the same thing? Or is there a way the recovery.img can be converted to the MTK back up or Stock Rom?

no, recovery is just one partition. it's possible the phone experienced an EMMC crash or someone secretly tried modding it and it went wrong.
have you downloaded the n7 scatter file and recovery image?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Story
Story
Story
18-11-2014, 12:07 PM

Yes, I have the scatter file and recovery image.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-11-2014, 12:41 PM
(18-11-2014, 12:07 PM)Story Yes, I have the scatter file and recovery image.

using SP flash tool @ http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html , flash the recovery.img to the phone. do not format at all.
let's know how it goes

Note!
Story
Story
Story
18-11-2014, 01:18 PM
Okay. Do I need internet access to do this? And does it really matter if I get the code 10 error while installing the MDT USB VCOM driver? Will it work all the same?
Story
Story
Story
18-11-2014, 01:45 PM
I got this error mssage box:

BROM ERROR: S_FTHND_FILE_IS_NOT_LOADED_YET (5007)

There is file not loaded yet!!

[HINT]:

1. Please check if DA path is correct.
2. Please check if all the ROM exist.
3. please check if the scatter file description is sync with the existing ROM files.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-11-2014, 04:51 PM
(18-11-2014, 01:18 PM)Story Okay. Do I need internet access to do this? And does it really matter if I get the code 10 error while installing the MDT USB VCOM driver? Will it work all the same?

scatter file and recovery.img should be in the same folder

Note!
Story
Story
Story
18-11-2014, 05:37 PM

Okay, I'll try it again.
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next