Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Unbrick Jiayu G3S
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Unbrick Jiayu G3S

[Please help] Unbrick Jiayu G3S

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Yousefaan
Yousefaan
Yousefaan
Enthusiastic Member
25-09-2015, 09:46 AM

Hello,

1) How it got bricked?

I have a JIAYU G3S phone, MTK 6589 (Without T). Comes with 4 GB Internal storage, 1 GB RAM. One day it started freezing whenever I enable Wifi, after number of hard restarts, it stopped responding, battery probably drained and stopped charging, and turning off. 

I connected it to the PC, trying to see if it can be recognized. It was identified as MT65XX device, and kept disconnecting and connecting all the time. While I didn't have enough information on what that means, I decided to Flash it again.

I downloaded the Original ROM from needrom.com, using the same SP-Flash tools, it gave some error, that I can't remember what was it. But since then I'm trying to download different SP-flash tools and ROMS and nothing is helping. Things were getting worse, I think that I once formatted everything including address zero, NVROM, and things are just getting worse all the time.

2) What versions I'm using?

I tried many SP-Flash versions, and I tried also Multi-SP, tried with versions of 3.XX, and tried of versions of 5.XX, both give different errors.

3) Current status?

I have two PCs that I'm testing with them. One is Windows 7, here the phone is identified as DA VCOM USB. And using XP, it's identified differently everytime, once as DA VCOM, and once as MTK USB Port. I tried "Download" using latest version of 3.XX series. Sometimes it gives me no PMT, somes tells me S_DA_SDMMC_WRITE_FAILED, sometimes S_DA_SDMMC_READ_FAILED, never passing the red progress while downloading or even format all + Download. I tried to pick ONLY preloader with MBR, EBR1, EBR2 and UBOOT, I tried to pick ONLY preloader. I tried to pick only recovery, then it tells me something about enough space in SDMMC (although according to my scatter file I have EMMC, not SDMMC).

I already spent more than 30 hours reading forums everywhere, and trying to see similar problems, to see how can I try to push SP-Flash beyond the red progress bar. Nothing helps.

I was able to ONLY get it to full "Format" using latest SP-Flash. I put battery (USB unplugged), I plug USB, I remove battery, I hit Volume Down, then it formats full, with green circle.

Since I'm able to format, I don't think there is any problem in the USB cable or the installation of the drivers. I'm able to do that on both PCs.

4) I have an other exact model Jiayu G3S in working mode. I tried to do MTK-Droid tools, backup everything, and created a package for flashing, and I'm getting same errors also with the this ROM that I prepared. So having a similar model is not helping as well.

Sending the phone to China to get it fixed will take more than 90 days to get back to me, and I'm spending alot of time trying to fix it without any help.

A) Based on all material presented above, do you think that it can still be fixed?
B) If the PC still recognizes the phone, does it mean that it can still be fixed?
C) If the phone is able to format, does this mean that the Hardware is okay or there still might be hardware problem that is causing the flashing problems?

I would appreciate every effort to resurrect the phone. I'm totally exhausted reading every little bricking post / thread / reply, to find a solution to my phone.

Yousef.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-09-2015, 12:01 PM
(25-09-2015, 09:46 AM)Yousefaan A) Based on all material presented above, do you think that it can still be fixed?
B) If the PC still recognizes the phone, does it mean that it can still be fixed?
C) If the phone is able to format, does this mean that the Hardware is okay or there still might be hardware problem that is causing the flashing problems?

I would appreciate every effort to resurrect the phone. I'm totally exhausted reading every little bricking post / thread / reply, to find a solution to my phone.

Yousef.

there's hope for the phone to get fixed. your first line of action is to successfully backup the working phone of the same model because its ROM is the key to fixing your phone.
backup the working phone using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-468.html
let me know whatever error you get (exact error message) in MTK droid tools
waiting...

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Yousefaan
Yousefaan
Yousefaan
Enthusiastic Member
25-09-2015, 03:03 PM
I -again- downloaded MTK Droid Tools 2.53 from Hovatek from the links you referenced, and I did full backup to my second phone. I'm attaching screenshots from the process.

The backup goes well, and I prepared the files for the Flashing. One notice during the backup, it said that "Kernel Block Map to PMT mismatch!". I don't know what that means. However the backup completed successfully.

Now, which SP-Flash do you want me to use in order to flash the files that I prepared?
I have many versions, and I don't have any problem to download any additional versions.

By the way, I assume the USB Data Cable is fine, since I used it to backup my other phone. Is this correct? so the issue of replacing a cable, should be ruled out.

I'm attaching also the list of files that my "Prepare for Flash" has produced.

I'm looking forward to receive more instructions from you to continue the process.

--- This text I added ---

I selected the "ready to flash files" scatter and I tried to flash using 5.1532. I got error of "BROM ERROR S_DA_SDMMC_READ_FAILED (3153)". I have the SD card inside the phone, if that helps, with battery almost full (I charged it using the other phone).

I then tried to do "Format and Download", it didn't agree since I have USER and Cache, I did a test scatter file, and removed the USER/CACHE code from the scatter file, and tried to do again, then it gave me red progress 100%, then 100% progress for Format, then alerted me again of the same error:

"BROM ERROR S_DA_SDMMC_READ_FAILED (3153)"

Hope this saves us some time.
This post was last modified: 25-09-2015, 03:19 PM by Yousefaan. Edit Reason: I tried to flash
Attached Files
.png
2015-09-25 16_43_54-JY-G3-Yousef-Black.png
Size: 21.45 KB / Downloads: 5
.txt
Backup_Yousef-Black-phone-log.txt
Size: 1.57 KB / Downloads: 4
.txt
Backup-to-Flash_Yousef-Black-phone-log.txt
Size: 1,010 bytes / Downloads: 7
.png
SP-Tools-versions.png
Size: 9.7 KB / Downloads: 6
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-09-2015, 10:21 PM
(25-09-2015, 03:03 PM)Yousefaan I then tried to do "Format and Download", it didn't agree since I have USER and Cache, I did a test scatter file, and removed the USER/CACHE code from the scatter file, and tried to do again, then it gave me red progress 100%, then 100% progress for Format, then alerted me again of the same error:

Hope this saves us some time.

You're to use a Windows 7 PC and the Sp flash tool guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html
in SP flash tool, go to
Options > option > connection > select "with battery"
Options > option > download > tick Da DL All with checksum

try flashing one item at a time. let me know if any is successful

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Yousefaan
Yousefaan
Yousefaan
Enthusiastic Member
26-09-2015, 01:13 AM

I followed your instructions. Installed manual driver for MTK preloader, then added DA USB, both without any success for flashing.

When I pick only the preloader for "Download", it gives me:

When I pick any other file (one file only) in the scatter for "Download", it gives me:
BROM ERROR S_DL_PMT_NO_SPACE (5069).

Attached images from the flashing.
Attached Files
.png
preloader-with-other-files.png
Size: 68.79 KB / Downloads: 5
.png
preloader-flash-1.png
Size: 69.18 KB / Downloads: 3
.png
emmc-flash.png
Size: 4.65 KB / Downloads: 3
.png
Preloader-MBR-flashing.png
Size: 12.28 KB / Downloads: 1
.png
MBR-flashing-alone.png
Size: 12.24 KB / Downloads: 1
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-09-2015, 08:58 AM
(26-09-2015, 01:13 AM)Yousefaan I followed your instructions. Installed manual driver for MTK preloader, then added DA USB, both without any success for flashing.

When I pick only the preloader for "Download", it gives me:

When I pick any other file (one file only) in the scatter for "Download", it gives me:
BROM ERROR S_DL_PMT_NO_SPACE (5069).

Attached images from the flashing.

either the ROM isn't compatible with the phone or the phone's eMMC is corrupt.
we're working on a fix for eMMC issues
This post was last modified: 26-09-2015, 08:59 AM by hovatek.

Note!
Sale babaji
Sale babaji
Sale babaji
26-09-2015, 10:01 AM
First take a full format of your ROM to bypass BROM errors as I do that to my phone it reapy help me try using windows 7 I use windows 7 if this don't help  try using with and without battery if not use AIO flasher might help you
Yousefaan
Yousefaan
Yousefaan
Enthusiastic Member
27-09-2015, 10:15 AM
Full format succeeded. I already reported that I'm able to fully format the phone, and I even asked if this means the hardware is fine or nevertheless still possible to be a hardware problem.

I downloaded AIO flasher, and I see that AIO can't flash scatter files, unless I couldn't figure out how to do it.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-09-2015, 05:27 PM
(27-09-2015, 10:15 AM)Yousefaan Full format succeeded. I already reported that I'm able to fully format the phone, and I even asked if this means the hardware is fine or nevertheless still possible to be a hardware problem.

I downloaded AIO flasher, and I see that AIO can't flash scatter files, unless I couldn't figure out how to do it.

AIO flasher cant help you here since the phone is dead.
this appears to be an eMMC crash

Note!
Yousefaan
Yousefaan
Yousefaan
Enthusiastic Member
27-09-2015, 06:08 PM

1) Is there a test that can rule out if the EMMC is corrupt or not?
2) Successful format can't say anything about EMMC's health?
Pages (2): 1 2 Next